Twitter: DC Dan Quinn talks Anthony Brown performance

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 13, 2021.

1. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Well-Known Member

1,022 Messages
    715 Likes Received
    ok what about all the other targets where he let AB81 catch the ball. One play does not make a Grade on the player, does not help but AB30 was crap most of the game.

2. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

50,327 Messages
    44,176 Likes Received
    Oh I'm not saying he had a bad game. I'm just simply saying making him the scapegoat especially when he wasn't the one guarding Gronk on those touchdowns just seems misplaced.

3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

50,327 Messages
    44,176 Likes Received
    If you take away that then Brown had 87 receiving yards. A good game for sure but a game I'd expect for Brown.

4. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Well-Known Member

9,117 Messages
    6,331 Likes Received
    Lewis falling is no berter. They both need to be replaced

5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

32,736 Messages
    16,833 Likes Received
    Lewis fell down covering Godwin in the middle of the field so Kazee took Godwin although he was suppose to protect against the deep ball. Had he helped with Brown then likely Brady would have hit Godwin for a big play.

darthseinfeld likes this.
  6. Tim93gt

Tim93gt Well-Known Member

582 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Exactly. Good WRs notice this, good QBs know what that means for the rest of the coverage as well. Hooker didn’t play because he’s coming back from injury. His first real “game” was against JAX. Smart to keep him sitting.

7. Einstein

Einstein Well-Known Member

416 Messages
    507 Likes Received
    This isn't trail technique, this is biting HARD and then getting blown past:
    Not the long one, but this is poor by a vet CB.

8. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

13,400 Messages
    8,844 Likes Received
    Yep, burnt toast most of the game.

9. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    20,647 Messages
    18,721 Likes Received
    Or he actually knows what the responsibilities were on his defense

10. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

7,922 Messages
    13,589 Likes Received
    Brown was the only guy getting burned over and over. Brady was picking on him.

No excuses.

11. Kilroy23

Kilroy23 New Member

4 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Anthony is probably our fastest player so I figured something was up when AB ran right by him. Anthony Brown is by no means a shut down corner but I hope he gets a pick next game to shut some of the people on this board up. I blame the D-line for not getting any pressure all game.

12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

102,001 Messages
    30,142 Likes Received
    What is said to the media and what is said to player are not always the same. Throwing a player under the bus is not holding a player accountable and matter of fact most teammates do not want to see others being thrown under the bus by coaches. We will see what Quinn does rather than what he says but this notion of blasting player to the media is not what accountability is all about

MichaelWinicki and SlammedZero like this.
  13. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

23,102 Messages
    16,920 Likes Received
    i said that when it happened and yes he slipped and yes his trailing was too far behind but the S is supposed to help its called bracketing ..the zone lost its collective minds proclaiming his failures and i said this at least 5 time's he was supposed to have help..

you show me even great CBs who can cover AB 1-1 ??

14. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

57,588 Messages
    21,522 Likes Received
    Brown is a 3rd/4th Corner. Nothing more, nothing less. I saw him being undressed all night long.

15. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

57,588 Messages
    21,522 Likes Received
    He looked just as bad as Wright & Boss man did on that play, except Wright & Boss man are rookies.

16. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

3,502 Messages
    2,087 Likes Received
    It was Kazee. Lewis stumbled and Kazee stepped up to help and left Brown all alone.

darthseinfeld likes this.
  17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    13,516 Messages
    4,754 Likes Received
  18. Crown Royal

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    13,516 Messages
    4,754 Likes Received
    Quinn isn't wrong, Kazee was safety overtop on a vertical, but Lewis slipped and Brown had to cover.

Now he still bit hard and was burned, trail or not, but definitely expected over top coverage.

Doomsday101 likes this.
  19. Crown Royal

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    13,516 Messages
    4,754 Likes Received
    Brown is going to get beat though, he's just an OK player. Putting him on who was 2-3 years ago the best WR in the league is probably going to be a bad time.

Let's be clear - that was one of the best offenses in the league. Lots of teams are going to have a bad time.

MichaelWinicki and Doomsday101 like this.
  20. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

6,681 Messages
    5,647 Likes Received
    Not sure why you would ever want to “trail” - keep your man in front of you and you can’t get beat deep.