Twitter: DC Dan Quinn talks Anthony Brown performance

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Brown sucks. LOL

Are you really defending him? Brown got beat all night long. The long TD wasnt the only time he got beat. 8 our of 9 times he got beat for a catch.
Oh I'm not saying he had a bad game. I'm just simply saying making him the scapegoat especially when he wasn't the one guarding Gronk on those touchdowns just seems misplaced.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
ok what about all the other targets where he let AB81 catch the ball. One play does not make a Grade on the player, does not help but AB30 was crap most of the game.
If you take away that then Brown had 87 receiving yards. A good game for sure but a game I'd expect for Brown.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Who was the Safety on the play? Wilson, Kearse or Kazee
Lewis fell down covering Godwin in the middle of the field so Kazee took Godwin although he was suppose to protect against the deep ball. Had he helped with Brown then likely Brady would have hit Godwin for a big play.

Tim93gt

Reaction score
Lewis fell down covering Godwin in the middle of the field so Kazee took Godwin although he was suppose to protect against the deep ball. Had he helped with Brown then likely Brady would have hit Godwin for a big play.

Exactly. Good WRs notice this, good QBs know what that means for the rest of the coverage as well. Hooker didn’t play because he’s coming back from injury. His first real “game” was against JAX. Smart to keep him sitting.

Einstein

Reaction score
This isn't trail technique, this is biting HARD and then getting blown past:
Not the long one, but this is poor by a vet CB.

Kilroy23

Reaction score

Anthony is probably our fastest player so I figured something was up when AB ran right by him. Anthony Brown is by no means a shut down corner but I hope he gets a pick next game to shut some of the people on this board up. I blame the D-line for not getting any pressure all game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The no accountability culture is alive and well in Dallas as usual.

Brown was getting beat like a drum all night.

What is said to the media and what is said to player are not always the same. Throwing a player under the bus is not holding a player accountable and matter of fact most teammates do not want to see others being thrown under the bus by coaches. We will see what Quinn does rather than what he says but this notion of blasting player to the media is not what accountability is all about

blueblood70

Reaction score
i said that when it happened and yes he slipped and yes his trailing was too far behind but the S is supposed to help its called bracketing ..the zone lost its collective minds proclaiming his failures and i said this at least 5 time's he was supposed to have help..

you show me even great CBs who can cover AB 1-1 ??

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Brown is a 3rd/4th Corner. Nothing more, nothing less. I saw him being undressed all night long.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This isn't trail technique, this is biting HARD and then getting blown past:
Not the long one, but this is poor by a vet CB.

He looked just as bad as Wright & Boss man did on that play, except Wright & Boss man are rookies.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Quinn isn't wrong, Kazee was safety overtop on a vertical, but Lewis slipped and Brown had to cover.

Now he still bit hard and was burned, trail or not, but definitely expected over top coverage.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Brown is going to get beat though, he's just an OK player. Putting him on who was 2-3 years ago the best WR in the league is probably going to be a bad time.

Let's be clear - that was one of the best offenses in the league. Lots of teams are going to have a bad time.

Beaker42

Reaction score
you can tell by Brown's reaction that he was expecting help. Since no Safety was in the picture or even close to the play, I thought Brown got the coverage wrong but I guess he didn't in this case.
Not sure why you would ever want to “trail” - keep your man in front of you and you can’t get beat deep.