News: DC: How Does Kris Richard Impact The CB Position?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How Does Kris Richard Impact The CB Position?

virvvlve8qtjwkmu5dac

With the addition of two new cornerbacks, it seems Kris Richard's preference for tall, long corners is taking shape on the Cowboys' roster.

Read Full Story

Mr_437

Reaction score
My question is when Richard leaves after the 2019 season will DAL have let go of good CBs who don't have 32 inch arms, for lesser players? You should have different size CBs like there are different size WRs.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My question is when Richard leaves after the 2019 season will DAL have let go of good CBs who don't have 32 inch arms, for lesser players? You should have different size CBs like there are different size WRs.

Good question. I didn't give you a like for it because you didn't give me one either. Two can play this game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
By taking a very good cover corner with good ball skills and making him a complete non entity because he doesn't fit his template.

Great coach.

Put him on the same train with Marinelli.
Totally agree about this template coaching. This is a like worthy post, but you have plenty already. Hat tip will do.

John813

Reaction score
So does Lewis actually get traded this year because he can make plays but is not tall.

I think so. I believe the FO will wait until TC starts and sees if there are any positions the team is struggling at. If so, I expect them to make some calls to move Lewis as long as B. Jones looks near 100% and Michael Jackson doesn't look like Dwayne Goodrich

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think so. I believe the FO will wait until TC starts and sees if there are any positions the team is struggling at. If so, I expect them to make some calls to move Lewis as long as B. Jones looks near 100% and Michael Jackson doesn't look like Dwayne Goodrich

Doesn't look anything like Goodrich looks a little like Chad Johnson...

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
The best thing to like about Richards and his template is he is being permitted to have one. IMO that is much better than being forced to play players that do not fit his scheme. Having said that, it is better when coaches put the best players on the field. Not saying Lewis is or is not that. Just a general statement.

Specifically on Richards though, I think he is a good coach and has made a positive impact on the defense. I hopeful this year he will continue to get the defense to play better.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lewis struggled. And his height did play a role at times.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
How Does Kris Richard Impact The CB Position?

virvvlve8qtjwkmu5dac

With the addition of two new cornerbacks, it seems Kris Richard's preference for tall, long corners is taking shape on the Cowboys' roster.

Read Full Story
If you do not trust Kris Richards reputation with Sherman, Browner, Shead, Thurmond, Thomas, Maxwell, Lane, and Chancellor, All you have to do is look at who taught Kris Richards to coach DBs...

Dennis Thurman and his legacy of DBs including Richards, Revis, Cormartie, McClutchen, Kelly, Polamalu, McAllister, Reed (Ed), Gilmore, played alongside Ronnie Lott at USC (Lott credits Thurman for success), and was the leader of Thurman's Thieves for the Dallas Cowboys (1978-1985).

I am not worried about Kris Richards helping scout and develop DBs.

Focus on a 1 year QB coach that is now OC. The last time that happen under Jerry Jones the chosen one was Jason Garrett. We know how that has worked out.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
By taking a very good cover corner with good ball skills and making him a complete non entity because he doesn't fit his template.

Great coach.

Put him on the same train with Marinelli.
Facts. I liked him coming in here at first. Now I want him gone

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
So does Lewis actually get traded this year because he can make plays but is not tall.
I dont think so. Too many contracts ending at the end of this year, especially in the secondary. I think this is Anthony Brown's last year then Lewis will supplant him.