News: DC: How Does Kris Richard Impact The CB Position?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Was also Lewis that got beat to end the season. Go watch him be in position but too short to make a play on the ball. go watch. I never said he sucked but he hasn't beat anyone on the team. Played better in 2017, but not last year in pre season. Brown beat him out according to reports.
Brown never beat him out it was decided before camp. The only time he got beat was week 3 against GB in 2017 when he was injured in camp that year. He also had 3 passes defensed that game to get off the field on 3rd downs. He also succesfully defended the pass before Rodgers hit him with a good back shoulder throw. You are spreading misinformation and its irritating tbh

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brown never beat him out it was decided before camp. The only time he got beat was week 3 against GB in 2017 when he was injured in camp that year. He also had 3 passes defensed that game to get off the field on 3rd downs. He also succesfully defended the pass before Rodgers hit him with a good back shoulder throw. You are spreading misinformation and its irritating tbh

He got beat out in 2018. He wasn't good in pre season. Go back and watch. Who cares what he did in 2017. Brown was better in 2016 than 2017 but who cares. Lewis was not some awesome dude they refused to play. That's just a sad way of thinking. Unimpressive in preseason, they barely let him play. I spread the truth but your welcome to be wrong all day. The dude needs to step up his game it's not 2017 anymore the coverage being asked is not the same.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

And while it was a great catch by Lewis, his int of Brees was due to Collins pressure. That was 100% a pressure int he was able to get. Great play by him and Collins to end the game but if Collins wasn't in Brees face it's a completion to kamara.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He got beat out in 2018. He wasn't good in pre season. Go back and watch. Who cares what he did in 2017. Brown was better in 2016 than 2017 but who cares. Lewis was not some awesome dude they refused to play. That's just a sad way of thinking. Unimpressive in preseason, they barely let him play. I spread the truth but your welcome to be wrong all day. The dude needs to step up his game it's not 2017 anymore the coverage being asked is not the same.
https://insidethestar.com/where-does-cb-jourdan-lewis-fit-in-a-kris-richard-secondary/
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ys-cb-jourdan-lewis-play-in-2018-kris-richard

Richard put him on the back burner from the first practices. Stop lying it looks bad. And stop making me link these. I already linked these before in another thread. His PFF would.put him in the awesome range. Eye test also helps.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And while it was a great catch by Lewis, his int of Brees was due to Collins pressure. That was 100% a pressure int he was able to get. Great play by him and Collins to end the game but if Collins wasn't in Brees face it's a completion to kamara.
I know what an easy play he made. Lol

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Neither talk about 2018. Try again.
Those are direct sources from the offseason between 17-18 about him being benched from the beginning. You say he got beat out because of play which is a flat out lie

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Those are direct sources from the offseason between 17-18 about him being benched from the beginning. You say he got beat out because of play which is a flat out lie

That directly talk about how good he was in 2017. Do you read them or what? I get it you like him, whatever. For whatever reason coaches like other guys, he did well in 17 didn't do much in 18.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That directly talk about how good he was in 2017. Do you read them or what? I get it you like him, whatever. For whatever reason coaches like other guys, he did well in 17 didn't do much in 18.
Because Richard benched him because he isnt tall. Not because of play.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What did he do in 2018 preseason?
Those articles show it didnt matter what he did. He was out of rotation from the first practice. Please stop. I have linked sources that have negated your entire argument. Be a gentleman and concede it's ok.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Those articles show it didnt matter what he did. He was out of rotation from the first practice. Please stop. I have linked sources that have negated your entire argument. Be a gentleman and concede it's ok.

You can't talk about what he did in 2018....cause he didn't do anything. You didn't even read your own articles. Thanks for the laugh. Typical fan.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You can't talk about what he did in 2018....cause he didn't do anything. You didn't even read your own articles. Thanks for the laugh. Typical fan.
He played about 170 11% or so snaps had 1 pbu 1 int 2 frs and 12 tackles.
PFF gave him a grade of 76.6 which would have had him tied for 20th best in the league in 2018. Byron had a grade of 79.9 which ranked 12th
Chido finished with a 63 and Brown with a 65. So his production on limited snaps plus his grade was even better in 18 than 17. Shows he should have been on the field but Richard's short sightedness kept.him on the bench

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He played about 170 11% or so snaps had 1 pbu 1 int 2 frs and 12 tackles.
PFF gave him a grade of 76.6 which would have had him tied for 20th best in the league in 2018. Byron had a grade of 79.9 which ranked 12th
Chido finished with a 63 and Brown with a 65. So his production on limited snaps plus his grade was even better in 18 than 17. Shows he should have been on the field but Richard's short sightedness kept.him on the bench

And what I said was simply more playing time doesn't always mean he would keep that production up. You can disagree but I don't really care. He got relagated to spot duty and kick returns. So you either believe Richards knows what he's looking for or not. Richards felt brown was a better fit regardless of what you think. Part of chido and browns problem was QB's didn't throw at Byron much....so they target the other guys. They only let Lewis come in on certain packages or sets in about 5 games last year. The more Lewis is on the field the more he could get exposed but he wasn't on the field much. They put him on a few matchups they liked and it worked, ergo they kept him out of bad matchups.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And what I said was simply more playing time doesn't always mean he would keep that production up. You can disagree but I don't really care. He got relagated to spot duty and kick returns. So you either believe Richards knows what he's looking for or not. Richards felt brown was a better fit regardless of what you think. Part of chido and browns problem was QB's didn't throw at Byron much....so they target the other guys. They only let Lewis come in on certain packages or sets in about 5 games last year. The more Lewis is on the field the more he could get exposed but he wasn't on the field much. They put him on a few matchups they liked and it worked, ergo they kept him out of bad matchups.
But played just as well in full duty in 2017. So if he didn't get torched in 2017 why would he in 2018. No I don't believe in Richard. Look at the passing numbers against us. They were worse than in 2017. I'm not disagreeing with you. You are flat out wrong and all the sources and stats have more merit than your "feelings".

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
But played just as well in full duty in 2017. So if he didn't get torched in 2017 why would he in 2018. No I don't believe in Richard. Look at the passing numbers against us. They were worse than in 2017. I'm not disagreeing with you. You are flat out wrong and all the sources and stats have more merit than your "feelings".

You can't prove me wrong at all. You have only a few snaps to show lewis is good in certain situations under the new DB scheme Richards implemented in 2018. You can hypothesize what lewis could do given more snaps but you can not prove it cause it didn't happen. A good player in the wrong system can fail. They used Lewis only in situations they felt he could succeed and he did that doesn't equate to him succeeding in all situations. He looked good covering kamara out of the backfield but that doesn't mean he can cover bigger WR where his size limits his ability. What we do know from past experience is taller corners work really really well in richards scheme.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You can't prove me wrong at all. You have only a few snaps to show lewis is good in certain situations under the new DB scheme Richards implemented in 2018. You can hypothesize what lewis could do given more snaps but you can not prove it cause it didn't happen. A good player in the wrong system can fail. They used Lewis only in situations they felt he could succeed and he did that doesn't equate to him succeeding in all situations. He looked good covering kamara out of the backfield but that doesn't mean he can cover bigger WR where his size limits his ability. What we do know from past experience is taller corners work really really well in richards scheme.
So him being the best corner playing all the snaps in 2017 on the outside against bigger wr's means he would be worse in 2018? Then in his limited snaps proves that he didn't regress. This has absolute zero logic and it really comes down to you believing whatever smoke Richard blows up your butt. 170 snaps isn't a few. It's enough to notice if he could have taken on a bigger role or not. That's about 3 full games of snaps. He is benched for size only not actual talent or ability. I just think the best players should be on the field.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So him being the best corner playing all the snaps in 2017 on the outside against bigger wr's means he would be worse in 2018? Then in his limited snaps proves that he didn't regress. This has absolute zero logic and it really comes down to you believing whatever smoke Richard blows up your butt. 170 snaps isn't a few. It's enough to notice if he could have taken on a bigger role or not. That's about 3 full games of snaps. He is benched for size only not actual talent or ability. I just think the best players should be on the field.

He didnt even get snaps in back to back games in 2018. For the most part he didnt do much except the 1 int caused by collins. He was good in 2017 I don't see where he was the best either.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He didnt even get snaps in back to back games in 2018. For the most part he didnt do much except the 1 int caused by collins. He was good in 2017 I don't see where he was the best either.
Lol you act like we have corners that get more than 1 int a season. He didn't get beat last year. Unless you watched the all 22 for every game and graded our corners like PFF does than I would say they are accurate in saying he played very well.