News: DC: Kitna Says Dak Already Has 'Mindset To Be Elite'

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Doesnt have the talent to be elite which is all that matters
Talent isn’t all that matters... Irving Gregory etc hundreds of talented players wash out every year because of bad scheme fits laziness general bad attitude or lack of intelligence.great Talent can get u very far but so can great work ethics or great coaching. Balancing those wins SBs.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Kitna Says Dak Already Has 'Mindset To Be Elite'

New Cowboys quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna says one of the hardest things to do in life is to make the jump from "good or even great ... to an elite status." But that is exactly Kitna's plan for Dak Prescott.

Read Full Story

But his hat is on backwards though.

Brax

Reaction score
Jeff Heath has the mindset to be elite.

Tyrone Crawford has the mindset to be elite.

Anthony Brown has the mindset to be elite.

It's a good quality to have, but it doesn't make you elite.
You said it all, wanting and being elite is a whole different thing. I wounder how many NFL players say or think I don't want to be elite?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
On-the-job training. Dak Prescott has surpassed all expectations in my book. Now it's time to put it all together this is the season where he tells everybody I'm the guy

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Talent isn’t all that matters... Irving Gregory etc hundreds of talented players wash out every year because of bad scheme fits laziness general bad attitude or lack of intelligence.great Talent can get u very far but so can great work ethics or great coaching. Balancing those wins SBs.
Not what im saying

He can “desire” to be elite all he wants to, his skillset will prevent that from happening

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
It’s a shame that Kitna, while he was playing, apparently never such a mindset.

But you know the adage? Those who can't do, coach? Just because he couldn't physically do something doesn't mean he can't relay his message across in hopes that Dak can actually do...

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yea Tom Brady and Joe Montana had average talent which led to average play on the field.....no wait

The point I think some fans miss is elite QBs are DEVELOPED. Not one QB has ever come into the league as a proven elite QB from day one. Of course many have come in with all the physical skills ( arm strength, speed ) but what about the intangible ( many fans underestimate). The ability to handle the pressure cooker of the being an NFL QB and consistently have your team competing for the season every season. Some fans QBs come into the league and automatically attain elite status and that's simply not true.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Kitna Says Dak Already Has 'Mindset To Be Elite'

q2ac6q8bb6ggjzfnvf4m

New Cowboys quarterbacks coach Jon Kitna says one of the hardest things to do in life is to make the jump from "good or even great ... to an elite status." But that is exactly Kitna's plan for Dak Prescott.

Read Full Story
So did Tebow. But he didn't have the talent as a passer, no matter how much he willed himself.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not what im saying

He can “desire” to be elite all he wants to, his skillset will prevent that from happening
He's been nothing less but on the job training so far this is the season that will give us the true barometer of where he is and where he can go. Too already evaluate him in my opinion is cutting him short.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jeff Heath has the mindset to be elite.

Tyrone Crawford has the mindset to be elite.

Anthony Brown has the mindset to be elite.

It's a good quality to have, but it doesn't make you elite.

Dak Hater troll alerts^^^
you should be banned for even mentioning those guys to a Starting QB who is on another level then those players..Is Dak elite , no hes top tier 2 but can he grow and maybe get there sure..those guys are who they are but ridiculous to bring them up with intentions to imply Dak is on their level..no way no how..

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
At the halfway point of the 2003 season, Kitna was in the running for league MVP.
Obviously, he didn't win it, but was named Comeback Player of the Year.

Mindset doesn't match ability. It takes both. Unfortunately, most of us are blessed with
only one. Some people have neither of them.

I think he'll be a very good coach.
Kitna, our next OC in 2020. :laugh:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Haha exactly .....imagine how many of the neighborhood windows had to be replaced while he was growing up. Ohh well at least his mindset is elite.
And after the season when we are 13-3 because the OLine stayed healthy, what will the mindset of our fans be then?

I already know. Dak sucks and it was because of the OLine that the team did so well. I am rooting for the Oline to be "Elite".