News: DC: Mick Shots: Free Agency Gone Wild . Again

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And just about everything in this article is right. Washington will still suck after paying their safety. The jets will suck. The Browns will probably find a way to screw up. We’ve drafted better than just about everyone in the last 4 years. Now we gotta keep what we have and not buy someone else’s leftovers.
You forgot we'll screw up. lol

garyv

Reaction score
"But too many of you watch the Cowboys patiently wait out this first wave of free agency. Teeth start gnashing. Fists start pounding the table."

"Mickey starts kissing."

I hate him almost as much as I hate Rowdy.

I turn Mickey off when he talks. He says what they want to hear. He's terrible.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Oh and no Mickey, you don’t get credit for being active in FA for signing your own guys. Because that’s just keeping the status quo.

Sure, bringing Lawrence back is great but how does that move improve the roster above what you finished the year with?

If all the top-tier free agents other teams signed made them worse, then status quo would be a good thing. But sitting still while teams that are already your equal strive to get better is not a good thing.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I always thought Beasley & Wilson were going to be team casualties this offseason. I think both of those guys can be replaced with picks from the 4th round on or in the second wave of free agency. I also think getting Witten back makes losing Beasley easier bc he's another goto check down guy that gets open. Resigning Olawale was a bit of a head scratcher when I was hoping we'd move Rod Smith to fullback (starting to think he MIGHT still be the backup RB next year but not too sure.) Resigning Fleming was a smart move and I could have easily seen him go the Wilson route and gone somewhere else. So I'm glad we got at least one of the fringe guys back that we may or may not resign. The Tank Lawrence situation has me a little leery not knowing what's going to happen. I hope we sign him to a long term deal soon and then I can't be too upset with where we're at in the offseason. Yes there's going to be a lot of fans who are mad because we didn't make a big splash signing bc they thought it was going to be the year we do it. Those fans aren't really rational. I think we're going to sign some decent depth guys, maybe a starter or two, and have a good draft and there's a good chance our team will enter next season better than we entered last year.

At this point in the offseason we really have three burning needs:
Safety
Replacing Beasley & Wilson
Big DT to clog up the middle

I think with the 2nd round pick you can probably get a safety or a DT. There's also still a chance we get a safety to replace Heath in free agency. And if that's the case I'm not 100% sure we go either route with the 2nd rounder (offensive line is always a possibility.) Replacing Beasley should be doable in the draft in mid to late rounds, I'd probably look at TE as well. There are free agents out there who can replace Wilson but we can also use a late round pick at linebacker and there's always a chance Sean Lee takes over that side and split snaps with March-Lillard. We might not get the big DT to stop the run this year but if that's our one weakness well then I don't think it's a horrible offseason. Every team has weaknesses and I think trotting out fringe starters like Woods or Collins or whoever at one or two positions while obviously not ideal doesn't make the front office trash.

We need Taco to really step it up this offseason and I really hope we use that 2nd round pick on a DT if the right guy is there. If not aren't Shelton/Brown still available? Idk, I guess my point is moves will be made and I don't think everything's gone THAT bad so far just because we didn't get any of the players ya'll wanted.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mickey sure gets under the skins of the fans he has so little respect for.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't disagree with him re: Thomas and Beasley.

But he comes off suggesting signing a big free agent never works by only focusing on busts.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I'm not even against being cap concious, but at this point what's the use of even reading a Micky article. We know what angle he'll have before clicking the link. He's the only one like that too, the rest of the main editors will call out things they don't like

coult44

Reaction score
Mick Shots: Free Agency Gone Wild . . . Again

tubbtxyfswg05fiedcti

Happens every spring time, or, NFL New Year. Without fail.

Read Full Story

Wait I thought Mickey was on the yacht with the Jones this week. Did they make him get off early?

Wood

Reaction score
Mickey is essentially the Cowboys PR department on the air. Stopped listening to those shows while ago and its best thing I did.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I have the no none nada repect for mickey he is a weasel he is the reason I no longer watch any pod cast from dallas cowboys.com

aaev84

Reaction score
Justifying inaction for years... wouldn't have to ever justify if there were results beyond making it to the divisional round in this millennia. Keep em comin as it's become the status quo.

John813

Reaction score
I'm not even against being cap concious, but at this point what's the use of even reading a Micky article. We know what angle he'll have before clicking the link. He's the only one like that too, the rest of the main editors will call out things they don't like

I'm just here to read the comments lol.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Sign Your Own: Do the Cowboys get credit for franchising and attempting to sign to a long-term deal DeMarcus Lawrence"

Can someone tell Mickey that this part has been turning into a debacle?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mickey sure gets under the skins of the fans he has so little respect for.

He is one of those types that even when I agree with him, he still annoys me.

He does so many 180s about things (after the cowboys do) that I am shocked he has not had a bad case of whiplash over the years.

Listening to him on the cowboys shows are ONLY good when everyone else on the panel basically dismiss him as being a stubborn old nipplehead.

For me, he is as annoying and grating as Skip, Shannon and the like even though his game is different.