News: DC: Spagnola: Beware Change For Change's Sake

Rayman70

Reaction score
that's right mick...why change a thing? Lets keep trying to reinvent the wheel...because its worked SO GREAT for us for the last 24 years.;)

kevm3

Reaction score
great thing is, we're not changing for change's sake. We're trying to make a 10 year coach get as far in the playoffs as a second year coach.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Beware avoiding change for fear of getting worse. The status quo isn't good enough. We've seen that for years.

cern

Reaction score
If The top guy isn't getting the job done, move on from him. It's as easy as that.

Sydla

Reaction score
If The top guy isn't getting the job done, move on from him. It's as easy as that.

It’s not his fault, so I have been told. It’s the people under him who are to blame, namely, the players.

Brax

Reaction score
As I said you haven't paid attention, Broaddus and himself have criticized the front office for the handling of the receiver position early and the OL situation. Follow your team.
Say and believe what ever you want Mr Cowboy but you still can't show a negative article from MS, gop back thru the DC archives you will not find one only puff articles. I have no dog in the fight but MS is a company paid stooge who holds the Company line. Give us the link to a MS article calling out JJ or JG . Heck 9 years and MS is touting JG as Lombardi/Landry coaching material. "Be careful what you wish for", a JJ puppet that say yes Mr. Jones yeah MS dosn't tow the Co line. I am guessing your a pretty new fan and know no better.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
LOL? You think he shredded the "narrative"?

He made terrible points. He starts his verbal vomit by literally suggesting Cowboys fans are being too impatient despite the fact this franchise is heading into year 9 with the same head coach.

A HC who had been the OC and designated HC in Waiting for a few years prior to his official start as HC as well.

It's been the Jerry and Garrett show since Parcells left. Wade was just keeping the HC chair warm for Garrett.

Anyone think Wade was the guy bringing in Roy?

conner01

Reaction score
LodY5mT.jpg
If we had a two like button this would get a double

Sydla

Reaction score
great thing is, we're not changing for change's sake. We're trying to make a 10 year coach get as far in the playoffs as a second year coach.

They don't want to hear this but in 8 full seasons, Jason Garrett has taken the Cowboys to a place what Wade Phillips took them in only 3 years.

Wade Phillips' first year, they went 13-3, were the #1 seed and lost in the divisional round (just like Garrett did in 2016).

In his 3rd year, the Cowboys went 11-5, won the division and again lost in the divisional round. Then the season cratered in on him in year 4.

The results are eerily similar and yet no one is walking around calling Wade Phillips a great coach.

And FWIW, my own opinion is that Jerry had deemed Garrett to be the next HC before the 2010 season and was just itching for a reason to send Phillips packing. Two early playoff exits and a cratered 4th season and that was enough to make the move, despite the fact Phillips had 3 winning season his first three seasons in Dallas.

John813

Reaction score
*Garrett gets fired

Mickey: good riddance to the guy who was here for over a decade with little success. He wasn't good enough