News: DC: Spagnola: Time To Quash The Panic Attack

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
It's a strange article...
He writes how you are wrong to panic about the Cowboys. Digs up one of the most worn out, over used expressions about "the sky falling" and then spends last part of article giving you facts that suggest a Cowboys good performance cannot be counted on.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a strange article...
He writes how you are wrong to panic about the Cowboys. Digs up one of the most worn out, over used expressions about "the sky falling" and then spends last part of article giving you facts that suggest a Cowboys good performance cannot be counted on.

That is why I was saying it is one of his worst articles I ever read.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I admit Mick is pretty homerific, but the level of whiney hatred for a guy that you have the choice to not listen or watch is pathetic.

morasp

Reaction score
Just don’t get the Mickey hate.
Seems no one wants to hear or read a positive side of things. Not that this is.

He is usually even keeled and most of the time is right of one takes off their hate blinders.
But again that is what many people to about most things. That is what most on here are about, wanting to read negative stuff.
If he was writing everything putting down the team, would you all like it, or be against him for that too?

But I do have to say, this was one of his worst articles I read from him.
I feel like he was a school teacher giving kids a lecture, even though the kids are right.
Because he has nothing to lecture about on this. They are pathetic in the red zone, and no one can spin anything good from it on the plays and play calling too.

He frequently mentions things in his articles that I was thinking.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, the players have to keep their cool and go out and take this game. But we, the fans, we can panic! This will not be an easy game unless the Bucs lay down and I don't think they will. The Bucs can score points and if we let them stay in the game until the 4th quarter, its going to be a tough, anxiety filled final 15 minutes of football.
As usual.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I checked my list of notable people's opinions that I at least engage and the company monkey isn't on the list.

I haven't followed anything he's said in years. Years ago, someone called him out about being that company monkey and his response was as unprofessional as it could be. His emotional reaction, after having time to compose a response, made me wonder how did he even become what he is? If I am the owner and looking for a cheerleader, I would do a lot better than that.

Anyone who works for Booger has one priority, sell the BS.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hes right the Colts loss brought back all the doom and gloom, it was one loss, Imagine if we lose to TB and the eagles and Washington win and a road game against the giants for all the marbles is a must win game..that would be wide spread panic..:)

remdak

Reaction score
I unsubscribed from Talkin' Cowboys. Mick is bad enough, but now with Biill Jones (Who I like, but not on my weekly Cowboy news fix where all he wants to do is talk college football) they spend 15 minutes every episode talking about a lot of crap that has nothing to do with the Cowboys. It was driving me insane, especially after tough losses where I want to hear their take on what happened and they really couldn't be bothered to do anything but hit the obvious points.

Bryan just ends up spending the other 30 minutes on a monologue because none of the other guys seem to have prepared a lick to actually analyze the games, so Broaddus just talks right over them.
Agreed 100%. I get tired of listening to Bill Jones talking college football. It’s Talkin’ Cowboys not College

Reid1boys

Reaction score
hmmm... Bledsoe was sacked like crazy because ...... he was a statue. I think it is safe to say Dak is a big part of the reason he is sacked so many times. Ok, we can agree to say the line gets some of the blame, but Dak clearly deserves much of the blame as well.

cern

Reaction score
I checked my list of notable people's opinions that I at least engage and the company monkey isn't on the list.

I haven't followed anything he's said in years. Years ago, someone called him out about being that company monkey and his response was as unprofessional as it could be. His emotional reaction, after having time to compose a response, made me wonder how did he even become what he is? If I am the owner and looking for a cheerleader, I would do a lot better than that.

Anyone who works for Booger has one priority, sell the BS.
many of the micks responses to fans critical of jerry and the cowboys are often dismissive and condescending as if the fans are nothing but fools. his role with the cowboys is essentially tantamount to being a press secretary.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
My only problem with Spagnola's narrative is that I don't care about making the playoffs. Making them in the NFC Least this year is not that great of an accomplishment. I want Super Bowls and there is plenty of reason to doubt that this is a Super Bowl team.

The scoring issues make it necessary for the defense to play as well as it did against the Saints when we get to the playoffs if we're going to make any noise. Holding each of those playoff teams under 20 will be nearly impossible.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Funny how we have all these narratives singling out why Prescott has been sacked so many times, many insisting he holds the ball too long. First of all, ask yourself, how come, because I see in 2016, his rookie season, he was sacked just 28 times, and last year 32 times. Hmmm. Smoke that one in your chimney.

Hmmm, perhaps the offensive line was making up some for Dak holding the ball his first two years by holding their blocks better. Obviously, not having Frederick on the field hurts us, but I think we're just closer right now to an average line, which you can't have as a QB if you are going to hold the ball too long.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don’t like Spags articles either but you guys are acting like he is Satan. Calm the hell down people.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
My only problem with Spagnola's narrative is that I don't care about making the playoffs. Making them in the NFC Least this year is not that great of an accomplishment. I want Super Bowls and there is plenty of reason to doubt that this is a Super Bowl team.

The scoring issues make it necessary for the defense to play as well as it did against the Saints when we get to the playoffs if we're going to make any noise. Holding each of those playoff teams under 20 will be nearly impossible.
to win in the playoffs u will have to score points to win games

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t like Spags articles either but you guys are acting like he is Satan. Calm the hell down people.
Do you live in the Dallas area? If not you missed the many rude and ridiculous meltdowns he’s had on radio when someone dares to question the decisions of the FO or HC.

He’s not Satan. He’s just a jerk.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Mickey raises a lot of questions as usual. He offers no answers as usual. He appeals to Jerry's fondness of ambiguity and ambivalence.

When a journalist writes, "talk about ___," they are struggling for actual substance... and/or rhythm.

Mickey seems like a really nice guy, though.