News: DC: Star Evaluation: Can Noah Brown Grow His Game?

cern

Reaction score
He has michael irvin's size. Should be a good slot receiver. New offense and oc bode well for young noah.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I have no idea where people have gotten the idea that Noah Brown is somehow large enough to be a TE. He's 6'2" 225. He'd be the smallest TE in the league.

THANK YOU.

He’s Dez Bryant’s size. Why was nobody suggesting Dez become a TE?

Perhaps he could be bulked up to be a Niles Paul type, but anything more is just ridiculous.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have no idea where people have gotten the idea that Noah Brown is somehow large enough to be a TE. He's 6'2" 225. He'd be the smallest TE in the league.
He is a thick 225. Looked much bigger that’s why I said it.

Pants

Reaction score
under linehan? noah way he was gonna exceed....let's see what our spiffy new 30-year old OC can do with him, if anything....like most on the Dallas offensive roster, it's a wait and see game

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He gets seperation and shows flashes. Troy raved about the route he ran against the Skins. He made a great catch against the Rams that was a sideline throw. For a 7th round pick, he has potential as a third receiver. I feel better about him then Lance Lenoir.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I know after Swaim got hurt they were plugging him in at TE. If he can develop there and get open it could be good for us.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Meh.
Upgrade his spot.
Special teams ace? No
Great hands? No
Dynamic? No
Move on...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Has to stay healthy and get reps. He can be upgraded in the draft though.. He gets another year...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question is he TE, WR, H-Back. For this kid they need to decide, he has the size to be split out wide type of TE like a Jimmy Graham he looks slow to be WR. Sometimes a definitive title will help with development.

He has unique ability as a blocking WR.

He would just be an undersized TE.

exciter

Reaction score
Throw crap on the wall... see what sticks!

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Brown is 6'2", 225.

Jimmy is 6'7", 265.

Also, Brown ran a 4.55, which is plenty fast for an NFL receiver.

I think the team has decided, as they often do, that his job is to be a blocker, so all they let him do is block.
Would like to see him more as a TE in passing situations.

That's a position we need help at.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I look at Noah Brown and what I see is a kid that makes plays. But the dam coaching staff doesnt use him enough. This situation reminds me of Beasley when he made the team. It took almost 3 years and Dez getting hurt for them to start throwing the ball to him more than 3 times a season.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He gets seperation and shows flashes. Troy raved about the route he ran against the Skins. He made a great catch against the Rams that was a sideline throw. For a 7th round pick, he has potential as a third receiver. I feel better about him then Lance Lenoir.

Better than Lance Lenoir? That good huh?

LittleD

Reaction score
Just like many here has stated, he should have made a jump and year two and shown noticeable improvement. He didn't really improve much and
regressed in some of his games. The jury is still out but, the hourglass is running empty for him.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Just like many here has stated, he should have made a jump and year two and shown noticeable improvement. He didn't really improve much and
regressed in some of his games. The jury is still out but, the hourglass is running empty for him.
He is 22 years old. Geesh....