News: DC: Star Evaluation: Will Rico Gathers' Role Grow?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star Evaluation: Will Rico Gathers' Role Grow?

ad1xsu6cvpk3zwr5yvyt

Rico Gathers earned a spot on offense after losing a year of critical development, but what's next for the 25-year-old tight end in 2019?

Read Full Story

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It should've grown but they would rather keep it jaggy with the dime a dozen guys we trotted out all season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Crazy they put the time in on him but really never gave him a game time chance. In the late season giants game Dak really was using the TE position and I was waiting to see him use Rico. He was killing it with Jarwin. Would have been a prime time shot to see what he had.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
What I really wanna know ladies and gents is how many of you can say that last part three times out loud without tripping over your tongue...:rolleyes:

Omg the offseason sucks...:(

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
No, Rico's roll won't grow as a player but his legend will grow and live on forever in the minds of Dallas Cowboy football fans around the globe. In 5 years the DCC writers will be telling us where Rico is now... down on the corner, out in the streets a la Creedence Clearwater Revival

exciter

Reaction score
Crazy they put the time in on him but really never gave him a game time chance. In the late season giants game Dak really was using the TE position and I was waiting to see him use Rico. He was killing it with Jarwin. Would have been a prime time shot to see what he had.
Guy had like 6 plays. Comes out a promptly lines up in the wrong spot necessitating a time out. But yeah, more chances to show he doesn't know what he's doing was needed! He was given a chances long after most players showing his ineptness would have been sent packing!

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We got two promising linebackers now, so it wouldn't hurt so much if Rico grows or gets cut. I'd let this training camp be his last chance, because at some time you have to let go.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Guy had like 6 plays. Comes out a promptly lines up in the wrong spot necessitating a time out. But yeah, more chances to show he doesn't know what he's doing was needed! He was given a chances long after most players showing his ineptness would have been sent packing!
Yes. Chances to show he doesn’t belong. Or he does. I watched Jarwin miss a assignment that cost us a TD in a real game. Didn’t stop them from keeping him in the game. Out of necessity I am sure, not like we had a lot to choose from after Swaim goes down.