RELEASED DE Everson Griffen is being traded to the Lions *Merge*

kumizi

Reaction score
We need him signed guy is a force.. Get rid of Dlaw and Crawford
Lawrence is much better than Aldon Smith.

He might be overhyped and overpaid but it's not even close. I dunno if you are only looking at the sack numbers or what.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the start of the Fire Sale!
Hopefully Jerry is realizing that this team is no where close to competing for a playoff spot never mind a championship.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL...……...6th rounder. Jerry is a chump.

What did you think you were going to get for Griffen? Golden was traded last week for a 6th and he is a comp for Griffen.

I'll rag on Jones as much as the next guy but this was a decent move.

Carson

Reaction score
What did you think you were going to get for Griffen? Golden was traded last week for a 6th and he is a comp for Griffen.

Oh you know people want us to get 1st and 2nds for our guys and then get elite all pros for 4th rounders the other way

Sydla

Reaction score
We need him signed guy is a force.. Get rid of Dlaw and Crawford

One, you can't get rid of Lawrence now unless you want to eat a crap ton of cap space, which would be foolish.

Two, Aldon Smith has kind of leveled off and is on a one year deal. He probably will leave anyway after the season given our cap constraints. If you can get a 5th for him (unlikely, a 6th seems more logical), you should do it.

Verdict

Reaction score
I am surprised that a team gave up anything for him. We gave nothing for him, and are getting a pick in return. That’s not a bad deal.

Motorola

Reaction score
Makes sense with Gregory back.

Even if we were winning and he was underperforming, I could see this trade happening.
Explain how so. Just reviewed his stats for 2020 (ok).
Is Griffen a casualty of the defensive scheme, or that Prescott's injury means this season is a lost cause...and the Cowboys are going with the inexpensive youth movement?

John813

Reaction score
Definitely think this guy might of done or said something the fo didn't like. I admit too I haven't read this thread since page 3

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Good move, his $6 million dollar salary is now split between Dallas and Detroit so we now save $3 million.

Plus, that 6 round pick could become a 5th round pick based on playing time and performance.

There is also a good chance that he was the dude talking to Slater, if that is true then they had no choice but to move him.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

Shhhh. Be careful, people may actually think Jerry is making trade calls. It’s Will and Stephen. They tell Jerry this is the best deal they can get and he gives the final authorization on a guy like Griffen. If they traded Worley for some random conditional pick he probably wouldn’t even be told

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Probably a 6th or 7th and I’m fine with that. The guy contributed nothing here

I hope this is a sign of things to come. Let’s unload as many inflated contracts/bums as possible

We saved a little money, cut a non-performer, and now have more development snaps for players with a future here.

It's all good.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Shhhh. Be careful, people may actually think Jerry is making trade calls. It’s Will and Stephen. They tell Jerry this is the best deal they can get and he gives the final authorization on a guy like Griffen. If they traded Worley for some random conditional pick he probably wouldn’t even be told

Traded Worley? They'd be high fiving any team taking his remaining cap off our hands.

Just get Robinson on the field already. It's development time, not progress stopper time.

Motorola

Reaction score
the lions have been just as crappy as us, if not worse honestly
Lions, Cowboys, and Football Team are the only NFC franchises that have not made an appearance in the conference championship game in the first two decades of the 21st century.
And besides Tampa Bay (who was in the 1999 NFCCG played in January 2000)
---the other 12 franchises have been there at least twice....AND
9 of them have played for a Super Bowl berth three times or more.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So, are we giving up on the season then?

Yeah bro, I hate to break the news to you but season was over when Dak went down.

Its time to start thinking about next year, that means dumping bloated contracts, shipping off the malcontents, acquiring draft capital, managing the cap, playing the youngsters, ect...

This is called "next year mode" on Madden;)