RELEASED DE Everson Griffen is being traded to the Lions *Merge*

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Salary aside, wouldn't we have received a comp pick for him anyway? And likely higher than a 6th?

Maybe a 5th in 2022, which could still end up being the case in 2021 if conditions are met. Quinn got the Cowboys a 4th after balling out, but Griffen's age and production likely doesn't warrant high enough comp. to get something above a 5th anyway. Plus if the Cowboys signed a free agent in that range it would likely cancel out.

quickccc

Reaction score
i don't like the way Griffin was used here under thiis coaching staff anyway .....misused

goof luck on a 34 scheme with lions

really thought seattle would pursue him...

Reactions: BAT

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I can’t wait to hear if Griffin spills some stuff about his time in Dallas

ghst187

Reaction score
So we basically ended up just spending like 3m to acquire an extra sixth round draft pick...okay.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I think we're lucky to get that.

Every single GM has a distinct advantage over us in trade talks.
Exactly right, I thought we would be lucky to get a 7th. Great move in my opinion.

Signed him, didn't work out and we got some compensation. Not the way things usually work around here.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

So i would bet my house that he was one of the guys who criticized the coaches.

gone in a blink of an eye.

I wont say i am happy with our coaching right now but that is a first message to the players.

Its no cut, he for sure doesnt care because his contrsct is traded with him. Still this is a first message. Lets see how Captain Ahab, DFlaw and company responds.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I still can’t help but laugh it was literally about two months ago that the arm chair gm’s were saying what a great pick up he was, how much better than Quinn he would be, how he would be the missing piece on the other end of the line to open things up up for Dlaw and here people are talking about what a great move it is getting rid of him.

Classic example of fans over rating players we pick up and poopoo’ing the ones we let walk.
Aren't most of us arm chair GM's on here? I mean it is a message board for people to share their thoughts and opinions.

I wasn't over the moon on the move, but I thought for the price it was solid. He didn't work out and we received compensation when we gave up none. I can't argue with that.

And if I got upset every time I was wrong about a move made on my favorite sports teams, I would be in a bad mood a lot. lol.

In this day and age so many people get mad over opinions and I find that curious, I really don't know what has changed over the last 25 years, I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the internet.

I'm not directing this post at you. Your post just made me think about the times I've been wrong before. I believe I have been wrong about Dak as an example. So many people seem to get upset when they are wrong and that's just something I don't understand. Just say you were wrong and move on, it really is simple in my opinion.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
All you need to know about Griffen can be seen on the play where the WR threw the TD to OBJ. Watch Griffen on that play. He stands around and watches the whole thing happen. Bake Mayfield comes over to block him and he just stands there. It is laughable. Any real DE would be salivating at the chance to blow up the QB and sack the WR. Not our boy Griffen. Happy just to watch it play out.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Hey they did something right for a change. Now keep going. Go get picks for lawrence and smith.

I hope they just pick practice squads for guys and throw them out there. They will be hungry and desperate to stay on the team so they will at the minimum try hard.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The bills gave up a lot of draft capital for diggs but man I would call them to see if they were interested in Demarcus Lawrence. Same thing with the Rams.

Both these teams could compete with the upper tier in their conference with one more pass rusher like lawrence.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The bills gave up a lot of draft capital for diggs but man I would call them to see if they were interested in Demarcus Lawrence. Same thing with the Rams.

Both these teams could compete with the upper tier in their conference with one more pass rusher like lawrence.
No one. Absolutely no one is trading for that contract.

aria

Reaction score
Aren't most of us arm chair GM's on here? I mean it is a message board for people to share their thoughts and opinions.

I wasn't over the moon on the move, but I thought for the price it was solid. He didn't work out and we received compensation when we gave up none. I can't argue with that.

And if I got upset every time I was wrong about a move made on my favorite sports teams, I would be in a bad mood a lot. lol.

In this day and age so many people get mad over opinions and I find that curious, I really don't know what has changed over the last 25 years, I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the internet.

I'm not directing this post at you. Your post just made me think about the times I've been wrong before. I believe I have been wrong about Dak as an example. So many people seem to get upset when they are wrong and that's just something I don't understand. Just say you were wrong and move on, it really is simple in my opinion.
Yeah....I’m not upset, I just find it comical how almost every time we lose a player it’s “no big deal or not worth it” and every guy we get is an upgrade. We lost our two best defensive players last year, a top 10-15 corner in the league and our sack leader and most people said “good, he never got any INT’s” and “who cares how many sacks he got, he sucked against the run”.

Of course we replaced Quinn with Griffen who was supposedly a big upgrade. Then heard stories about how great Aldon was and Jerry was a genius and now Gregory. I don’t think anyone expected Diggs to replace Jones his rookie year but I still don’t agree with letting Jones walk over zeke and Jaylon.

We had known good players and rolled the dice on a rookie, a guy who hasn’t played in 5 years, a pot head who couldn’t stay on the field due to his drug use and a 33? year old vet that was a FA for most of the off season for our sack leader and best CB.

Oddly, a lot of people thought these were all great moves by our genius FO. I won’t even go into detail about caving to a RB with two years left on his contract and paying Jaylon instead of paying Dak for a much cheaper rate at the time. I wonder if Jerry feels like he got scammed and has regrets because he should.

Actually, I’m not upset at people for being wrong but I am upset that our FO gets it wrong so often because it hurts the team. Personally, I think we’re screwed for the next 2-3 years due to all their blunders.

MikeB80

Reaction score
No one. Absolutely no one is trading for that contract.

You are probably 100% right. A team that is on the cusp though would probably do it if he put them over the top.

I think Buffalo, Seattle, Rams are great fits and he would be fantastic on those teams. Seattle and Buffalo already burned their drafts for next year though in trades. The rams have killed their drafts for years in trades and have a top heavy payroll so it will probably not happen.

Another team I think would be a good fit is the colts. Eberflus knows all about him and he could really help them also. Not sure they are the type of team that would make a deal like that though. They are desperate to get sacks and he knows the system already.

Howabout a Jacoby Brisset for Demarcus Lawrence and a 4?

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Yeah....I’m not upset, I just find it comical how almost every time we lose a player it’s “no big deal or not worth it” and every guy we get is an upgrade. We lost our two best defensive players last year, a top 10-15 corner in the league and our sack leader and most people said “good, he never got any INT’s” and “who cares how many sacks he got, he sucked against the run”.

Of course we replaced Quinn with Griffen who was supposedly a big upgrade. Then heard stories about how great Aldon was and Jerry was a genius and now Gregory. I don’t think anyone expected Diggs to replace Jones his rookie year but I still don’t agree with letting Jones walk over zeke and Jaylon.

We had known good players and rolled the dice on a rookie, a guy who hasn’t played in 5 years, a pot head who couldn’t stay on the field due to his drug use and a 33? year old vet that was a FA for most of the off season for our sack leader and best CB.

Oddly, a lot of people thought these were all great moves by our genius FO. I won’t even go into detail about caving to a RB with two years left on his contract and paying Jaylon instead of paying Dak for a much cheaper rate at the time. I wonder if Jerry feels like he got scammed and has regrets because he should.

Actually, I’m not upset at people for being wrong but I am upset that our FO gets it wrong so often because it hurts the team. Personally, I think we’re screwed for the next 2-3 years due to all their blunders.
Well said, can't argue with anything you wrote. 100% agree on Jones, he was also a high character guy.