Twitter: DE Kony Ealy to Visit Cowboys

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
could be. I just find it interesting because of the Dez situation and the earl Thomas situation. Never know what draft weekend can bring.
The Thomas thing is fluid because Seattle needs draft picks in a bad way. Not certain the Bryant thing ever materializes.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Good.

They need to be doing everything they can with the defensive line.

Stephen Jones mentioned last night to bill jones in an interview that they are still looking at mentioned trades as an option still. Thought that was interesting.
IMO if you can have a rotation of 8 DL that can all play, you can take over a game, and if they sign Ealy to a reasvonable deal then I think you have six nice DL with Lawrence, Irving, Crawford, Collins, Taco and Ealy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lost-meh.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One thing I give Marinelli credit for is being a helluva position coach. If anyone can draw talent out of a talented player on the DL, Marinelli can.
That's what I was gonna say. Maranelli has his flaws....I have my problems with him as our DC....but as a defensive line coach? He couldn't be in better hands. I wouldn't even be excited about this signing if Maranelli wasn't here.

cern

Reaction score
based on affordability, this could be a good pick. and more competition for the potentially returning randy Gregory. it's looking like bpa all the way in the upcoming draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
Smells a bit like the Nolan Carroll situation. We seemingly are always linked to this guy, finally get him and, at this point, I am not sure he's any good anymore. But if he's real cheap (read, don't sign a long term deal for him like they did with Carroll), he's worth a camp looksee.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Wasn't he a high first rounder coming out of college? I wonder how he fell from grace so much.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Smells a bit like the Nolan Carroll situation. We seemingly are always linked to this guy, finally get him and, at this point, I am not sure he's any good anymore. But if he's real cheap (read, don't sign a long term deal for him like they did with Carroll), he's worth a camp looksee.

Nothing longer than 4 years and keep the guaranteed money under 50 mil.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
KD Drummond's USA Today post on this says it would cancel out the comp pick we get for Hitchens. I don't get that, how would that happen unless we gave Ealy some ridiculous salary?

I would like the move it if it was a vet minimum deal with incentives, let him compete at LDE with Taco and Crawford.
If they signed Ealy that would be 4 FAs signed and 4 FAs lost..... the salaries wouldn't matter

They could wait until after May 12th and sign him with no Comp penalty

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
based on affordability, this could be a good pick. and more competition for the potentially returning randy Gregory. it's looking like bpa all the way in the upcoming draft.

How is it BPA when dallas doesn't have a mlb or a fs? Still might need a guard or tackle also.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Before FA started (looking at FA list) I pegged Kony Ealy as a guy DAL should bring n. Ealy is good veteran competition for Taco Charlton at RDE. If DAL gets Kony then 1st rd Edge rusher, like Landry, goes off DALs board.

1yr/up to 3M w/incentives (750k guaranteed)

Side note:
If Ealy can't be motivated to play for Marinelli then he's close to being out th league.