Twitter: DE Kony Ealy to Visit Cowboys

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
That's essentially BPA. Where we are picking.....there are going to be a guard, tackle, linebacker or safety there. Probably add receiver.

They will have to draft by need for the most part though. Unless they sign more fa's.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How is it BPA when dallas doesn't have a mlb or a fs? Still might need a guard or tackle also.

I agree, this may be us tipping our hand a bit as to who we really want in the draft. For me, I'm hoping that it's Derwin James, Rashaan Evans, or LVE from Boise State. Either would be tremendous picks.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nice to hear about Kony but are we just leverage in his negotiations with NY Jets or truly a viable candidate for a signing? Interesting. ;)

cern

Reaction score
How is it BPA when dallas doesn't have a mlb or a fs? Still might need a guard or tackle also.
it's bpa because there is simply no guarantee a mlb or fs will be available when we pick. the draft's a crap shoot. two years ago we were poised to draft wentz. but philly made a deal and leapfrogged over us. no doubt you have correctly defined our needs. but you just never know who will be there when you pick.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Smells a bit like the Nolan Carroll situation. We seemingly are always linked to this guy, finally get him and, at this point, I am not sure he's any good anymore. But if he's real cheap (read, don't sign a long term deal for him like they did with Carroll), he's worth a camp looksee.
I'll point out some difference:

4 years, Carroll was 30 while Ealy is 26
Carroll played an every down position, while Ealy played rotationally. Carroll played 3742 snaps from 2012-2016, he was also a starter in 2010 and '11 but couldn't find info needed so I didnt include. Ealy for his career has played 2084. So roughly 2.5x less snaps at the point of signing.
Carroll has never had the highs that Ealy experienced in 2015.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If they signed Ealy that would be 4 FAs signed and 4 FAs lost..... the salaries wouldn't matter

They could wait until after May 12th and sign him with no Comp penalty
5 FAs lost.

Hitchens, Wilber, Cooper, Smith, and Benwikere. Scandrick doesnt count, Mayowa wouldnt count, and have Morris, Butler, and Bell outstanding at the moment.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Cowboys building Doomsday. Another player with position Flex. all in all Kony Ealy is just another brick in the wall:banghead: how can you have any pudding if you don't bring the heat:flagwave:

tenor.gif

Rayman70

Reaction score
This will be a done deal by Tuesday night. This gives the team many working parts on the dline. It wont preclude us drafting another pass rusher. The more rush men off the edge the better. I want wave after wave of war daddy's comin off the edge. But to be clear,we better fix the interior of the dline.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
This will be a done deal by Tuesday night. This gives the team many working parts on the dline. It wont preclude us drafting another pass rusher. The more rush men off the edge the better. I want wave after wave of war daddy's comin off the edge. But to be clear,we better fix the interior of the dline.
He is not worth losing a Comp 4th for Hitchens

We would have to hope that BButler or AMorris signed with someone soon