BREAKING NEWS Deadline passes, Dak playing under Tag

Flamma

Reaction score
It's over.. feel like we dodged a huge bullet. Even to the end I thought there would be a last minute signing.

This is a good day for Cowboy fans. Stephen and Jerry love Dak... but they wouldn't lose their minds to sign him. That means that somewhere in their dim-witted skulls, and in the organization, there is at least some football evaluation going on.

These were always strange negotiations... but Dak slobberers didn't want to see it through their frustration and anger. When have you ever heard someone say, not just once but multiple times, that he wasn't going to take a hometown discount? And then that being really the only thing he ever says throughout the entire negotiations while letting his agent handle it? It was always strange.

It's a great day for Cowboys fans. It's a bad day for Dak slobberers, but really it just adds an extra day on top of two years of looking stupid for them. Not much different.

That cracked me up, but you're right. But like it or not they evaluated his talent VS the cap hit his demands would bring. That's why he's playing on the tag. He lost that evaluation.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, I love how many people act like they were just jilted bye there high school sweetheart.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Why would he hold out?
1) He signed the tag
2) the deadline passed to sign a deal

I do not have a good reason why. It would not surprise me if he just sat out camp and showed up for game 1.
Just for fun. I do not know.

jsb357

Reaction score
the contract countdown on the main page is
showing time left..

:muttley:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You already saw it with Poe and McCoy and a smart draft. You just refuse to admit it. The Cowboys usually sit on their hands through free agency, nevermind 2 DTs in the first week while drafting another. None of that happens with Garrett here!
Had they said Everson Griffin and Clowney id agree....same old Cowboys until proven otherwise. I get it. You want it to be different to ignite some form of hope. I hope it is.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don’t mean to rub it in. I know there are several here that are in genuine grief as if a loved one has passed away.

I wanted to make sure that some of our fellow forum members got some recognition for all the crap they’ve
taken the past 3 years

Hallelujah, holla back.

Well, for what it's worth, this can still go either way. Dak can always decide to re-evaluate his representation or, he can just step out and flat win a championship, in which case Jerry will give him all the money he wants IMO. Or, he can fail for whatever reason and never see the end of the rainbow.

To me, the real pot of gold is living the Staubach life. Become a hero of the Cowboy Nation. Make a boat load of money playing a game many of us would literally do for nothing. Retire and become one of the most well respected people in the entire country and above all else, enjoy the idea win.... win... win......

Big_D

Reaction score
Had they said Everson Griffin and Clowney id agree....same old Cowboys until proven otherwise. I get it. You want it to be different to ignite some form of hope. I hope it is.

It's already different with a real HC and not Garrett. That's difference #1 and it's huge!

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Why? Because they didn't get a Dak deal done? The franchise tag isn't a bad thing for the Cowboys. I'm glad they didn't cave, Dak just walked away from 3+ years of guranteed money in exchange for 1. Sure if Dak plays well the price goes up a bit, but the market is set and if it goes from 33-35 to 35 to 37 so be it. Dak is taking a huge risk.
It’s going up more than 2 million lmao. Watson’s contract is gonna be 40 million at least

shabazz

Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth, this can still go either way. Dak can always decide to re-evaluate his representation or, he can just step out and flat win a championship, in which case Jerry will give him all the money he wants IMO. Or, he can fail for whatever reason and never see the end of the rainbow.

To me, the real pot of gold is living the Staubach life. Become a hero of the Cowboy Nation. Make a boat load of money playing a game many of us would literally do for nothing. Retire and become one of the most well respected people in the entire country and above all else, enjoy the idea win.... win... win......

He could have easily made up the money in even more endorsements just continuing to be the face of the Cowboys for the next 4 years........but I guess his agent doesn’t get enough peice of that pie

His agent really screwed him

Rayman70

Reaction score
DAK OVERPLAYED HIS HAND and JERRY called his bluff and won. Now all the onus is on DAK in 2020. He really put himself on an island,but worse, he put his new HC and team mates in a spotlight they didnt ask for.THIS will be a distraction all year. ITS OVER BEFORE IT STARTED. GREED, and delusion got in the way of reality for Dak and his agent. I actually may study on this over night and side with Jerry and Stevie for not caving. Players should NOT hold teams hostage.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
How many picks do you think it’ll take us to be able to draft up to get Trevor Lawerence next year (assuming we don’t have the number one pick). Possibly even Justin Fields?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He could have easily made up the money in even more endorsements just continuing to be the face of the Cowboys for the next 4 years........but I guess his agent doesn’t get enough peice of that pie

His agent really screwed him

Well, I have never ever liked or trusted CAA. I pretty much agree on your take there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
How many picks do you think it’ll take us to be able to draft up to get Trevor Lawerence next year (assuming we don’t have the number one pick). Possibly even Justin Fields?

Three first round picks.

shabazz

Reaction score
DAK OVERPLAYED HIS HAND and JERRY called his bluff and won. Now all the onus is on DAK in 2020. He really put himself on an island,but worse, he put his new HC and team mates in a spotlight they didnt ask for.THIS will be a distraction all year. ITS OVER BEFORE IT STARTED. GREED, and delusion got in the way of reality for Dak and his agent. I actually may study on this over night and side with Jerry and Stevie for not caving. Players should NOT hold teams hostage.

Well stated and accurate

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Bro what? It’s like you people don’t even try to sound educated. Kirk cousins did this same thing and since 2016 he has earned the most money of any player in the league. The loser here is the cowboys because now there’s 3 options, sign him next year for more then you would’ve gotten him this year, tag him again, or let him talk. In all those scenarios Dak is getting PAID. He has at least 110 million guaranteed staring him in the face ONTOP of the 31 million he’s getting right now. He’s got at least 140 million guaranteed coming his way and you’re talking about he over played his hand lmao. Do better