Defending this team’s FO

kskboys

Reaction score
If you can completely shut down the Saints in New Orleans on Prime Time, you have the talent. Fail to use it properly or become predictable, or out schemed, the Arizona Cardinals will put up 40.
Bill Belicik could have won the Super Bowl with this squad.
Not true. One team does not provide anywhere near of a template to predict future success. They might've had a matchup problem, they might've had a bad day, we might've played over our heads, many things could've cause one game success.

Maybe. Bill has a top 5 all time Qb. Makes everything a ton easier.

Silly

Reaction score
How can anyone with a right mind defend these guys? Its been 22+ years of crap? Until they win anything then go ahead and defend. We have been down this road before, they think they are close and refused to do anything to make this team better. 2009 ring any bells????

I just want to point out that I am sick of the front office too. With that said, the cowboys have been very close to a championship. SO while I hate the mediocrity of calling an 8 win season a victory, you can't say they have done nothing.

I recall Romo muffing a field goal in 2007 which should have been a Dallas superbowl year. Also, I forget the year, but dallas got beat by the giants in a playoff game. I think it was 2008. Giants were just tougher than the cowboys and beat them.

Now I won't say that Dallas should have beaten the vikes or green bay. They killed the cowboys and coaches should have been fired.

I don't think we can say 22 years of crap.

kskboys

Reaction score
worry about football, not the FO and worry about the present and future not he past.. the goings on about contracts, business, and other non on the field and players content is out of control..when teams start practicing , TC, Pre-season and actual games can start some real Fan football talk, we can worry about that, not business. all the worry about what the FO and owners do behind the scenes and the cap is losing battle, it has zero to do with what fans want, to watch and debate the actual playing of Football or what ever sport you are into..

since when has the operations of a corporation become a fans business,

do you break down general Mills, GE, Coke, Pepsi, Nabisco, and all those Corps and start debating how they spend money? I dint see many have issues with AA, US air, and all the others needing bailouts and change what they do in their daily lives. do you go to restaurant's and ask for price break downs and P&Ls before you eat or after and complain how much you are being screwed in detail in a forum?

I sincerely doubt it, the product and service can be reviewed for sure but not the behind the scenes corporate structures, what they pay waitresses and bar tenders, cost for the space, and price breakdowns. its the same here , stop worrying about all but the final product, lets debate the football aspect on the field play and what we can truly judge..

they truly know a ton more about this then us, let them worry about it..
If they truly know a ton more than we do, then they have often not used what they know. For instance, how did they not know that Escobar was a long strider who couldn't block and who was unlikely to be able to create separation at the NFL level? How did they not know that Carr was a #2 CB?

Since you are screaming that they know more than we do, then why are you wanting to engage in football discussions? That would seem rather self-contradictory.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This ^^^ is an example of someone trying hard to sound smart but failing.

WRONG!

trying to get the site to see how ridiculous it is to worry about the business side of football, its out of control and really has zero to do with the part of football fans actually come to debate.. no one and I mean not one person on this site has any real idea how to run a sports franchise and how any of it truly works and to say the Cowboys do not and you know better is actually the rest of you an example of someone trying hard to sound smart but failing.. thats the better part of this site , know it all's with no first hand knowledge of managing and running a pro football team, period, you cant argue that , none of you are ex-gms or CEO-CFOs of a pro sports franchise.. you are all INTERNET GMS making uneducated guesses on whats going on and creating drama with pessimistic attitude that adds nothing to this part of the forum.. there are parts IE OFF topic, News, signings etc to go and paly where I never visit, I come here to talk about the football players and team aspect and game debates, talk about our records etc..

I promise you only know what the league and teams want you to know, you will never know the real breakdown of the cap and how the money is spent and if they are doing a poor job of it other then the results of a 16 game season and the playoffs. its a useless subject trying real hard to rip or support that part of the Cowboys when you dont know what is correct or not..

worry about the football not the business is my point..

CWR

Reaction score
the rams ran for what 275 yards on the cowboys, in a div rd game, and FO has done nothing to correct that.
So that seems like a big failure to me.
Any team playing dallas next season should just run the ball on them.

I thought the Colts game was an outlier. Then LA happened. Its clear we struggle against more physical Olines. We need some beef to bring in for those games and if we dont add it this offseason will be disappointing.

Noclaf

Reaction score
I just want to point out that I am sick of the front office too. With that said, the cowboys have been very close to a championship. SO while I hate the mediocrity of calling an 8 win season a victory, you can't say they have done nothing.

I recall Romo muffing a field goal in 2007 which should have been a Dallas superbowl year. Also, I forget the year, but dallas got beat by the giants in a playoff game. I think it was 2008. Giants were just tougher than the cowboys and beat them.

Now I won't say that Dallas should have beaten the vikes or green bay. They killed the cowboys and coaches should have been fired.

I don't think we can say 22 years of crap.

ok 19 years of dog doo. How many 8-8 5-11 4-14 3-13 7-9 have ween seen around here and when they do go say 11-5 12-4 13-3 the next year they fall apart

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
the rams ran for what 275 yards on the cowboys, in a div rd game, and FO has done nothing to correct that.
So that seems like a big failure to me.
Any team playing dallas next season should just run the ball on them.

Preach it! That game and the colts games along, should have had them coming out like gang busters. But no we are in a turtle mode suring up that position.

75boyz

Reaction score
Preach it! That game and the colts games along, should have had them coming out like gang busters. But no we are in a turtle mode suring up that position.

Definitely something to keep an eye on that has seemingly been neglected for a period of time. Copycat league and all...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
WRONG!

trying to get the site to see how ridiculous it is to worry about the business side of football, its out of control and really has zero to do with the part of football fans actually come to debate.. no one and I mean not one person on this site has any real idea how to run a sports franchise and how any of it truly works and to say the Cowboys do not and you know better is actually the rest of you an example of someone trying hard to sound smart but failing.. thats the better part of this site , know it all's with no first hand knowledge of managing and running a pro football team, period, you cant argue that , none of you are ex-gms or CEO-CFOs of a pro sports franchise.. you are all INTERNET GMS making uneducated guesses on whats going on and creating drama with pessimistic attitude that adds nothing to this part of the forum.. there are parts IE OFF topic, News, signings etc to go and paly where I never visit, I come here to talk about the football players and team aspect and game debates, talk about our records etc..

I promise you only know what the league and teams want you to know, you will never know the real breakdown of the cap and how the money is spent and if they are doing a poor job of it other then the results of a 16 game season and the playoffs. its a useless subject trying real hard to rip or support that part of the Cowboys when you dont know what is correct or not..

worry about the football not the business is my point..

Is that you Jerry Jones?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yeah the jones boys are just ignoring the run defense weakness, that is one reason why I say they will keep struggling once in playoffs.
people think it is good they make the playoffs, but they have had teams that could have gone all the way with better coaching, and the
right FA additions at the right time.
So when you have a really good team but dont add FA at the right time and position,
and then the weak coaching, it is really a failure.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They actually did add a piece - Covington - although while he should be a quality rotational piece probably won’t be a high impact player. But much of what will help is LVE and Jaylon Smith gaining some experience. They were consistently fooled by the shorts and motion in that game.
Well it was partly coaching, the rams, I think it was wade, saw weak spots and tendency's that they could exploit, get the LB's to react a certain way
then run the other way.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How can anyone with a right mind defend these guys? Its been 22+ years of crap? Until they win anything then go ahead and defend. We have been down this road before, they think they are close and refused to do anything to make this team better. 2009 ring any bells????
I think the FO is on the right track... Most winningest NFC team the last 3 seasons, 2 division titles in 3 season. That's how I defend the FO. Being in a panic, mid-March is just crazy. I recommend you relax and let them do what they do.