Defense in Dire Need and Dal picks WR

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GMO415, Apr 23, 2020.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

34,234 Messages
    13,420 Likes Received
    Hard to believe anyone could complain about taking Lamb with our first pick when he was clearly the best player on the board. There wasn’t a defensive player on the board that could make the type of impact Lamb can make. We ended up with a consensus top 10 pick that was arguably the best receiver in a very strong WR class and we got him at 17. Yes, we need defense and defense hurt us in the games you mentioned but also not scoring enough points hurt us as well. We could only manage 6 points against the Jets in the first half.

Amari went out with an injury and Gallup didn’t step up. We only managed 9 points against NE and 15 against Buffalo. Lamb is an explosive playmaker who can change a game. His addition along with the receivers we have and Zeke is going to make our offense extremely difficult to defend. We ended up getting a corner in the second round that had a first round grade by many. We added a solid DT prospect in the third round. We added another corner so this draft has shaped up real well for us.

vnick, Oneiros, 817Gill and 2 others like this.
  2. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

3,186 Messages
    1,747 Likes Received

My thought is that you should feel pretty silly today.

3. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

4,024 Messages
    3,816 Likes Received
    that is right...most boards had Lamb the best of all three..Lamb, Ruggs, Juedy....you dont pass on that

AmishCowboy likes this.
  4. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

17,426 Messages
    11,691 Likes Received
    Looks like they also got some really nice defensive players to me when it was all said and done.

Great draft for the Cowboys!

AmishCowboy, Scotman and VACowboy like this.
  5. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

2,394 Messages
    1,770 Likes Received
    Lamb has the same opportunity that Randy would have had if we had drafted him.

DandyDon52 likes this.
  6. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

4,024 Messages
    3,816 Likes Received
    batman--but you dont pass on talent like Lamb....we ended up getting Diggs who was also a thought if we went down a few picks in round 1...we got 2 first rounders

AmishCowboy likes this.
  7. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,244 Messages
    9,213 Likes Received
    I don't want to hear a single fan who loves all of these picks complain ONCE if our pass rush underwhelms again this year.

8. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

17,278 Messages
    17,644 Likes Received
    Define underwhelm.

9. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,244 Messages
    9,213 Likes Received
    Leage average or worse.

10. Cowboys1fan

Cowboys1fan Well-Known Member

589 Messages
    490 Likes Received
    800 yards out the slot? Not a nobody

11. cowboyed

cowboyed Well-Known Member

2,973 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    One of our best drafts in the age of free agency and the salary cap. And you can bet this coaching super staff had a lot of influence along with the good work of our scouting team.

817Gill likes this.
  12. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

3,255 Messages
    5,332 Likes Received
    This didn’t age well lol

AmishCowboy, Oneiros and Cowboy Lover like this.
  13. Oneiros

Oneiros Well-Known Member

727 Messages
    1,215 Likes Received
  14. CowboysDrew

CowboysDrew Well-Known Member

1,293 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    Still curious about this one.

I got accused of being GMO in another thread so I guess I'm wondering what we Landry fans are doing wrong with being Cowboys fans.

I disagree with GMO on Lamb. I agree with the pick.

Just FYI, I knew Landry as a kid personally. My father was with Control Data and contracted to do the transfer of the Cowboys from paper to then Mag Mainframe.

So, I've been in Landry's house. He gave me personally as a child a helmet signed by Tony Dorsett.

My family played Braingames on an Atari 2600 with him.

I literally cried when he died.

So I wonder why those of us that put him in our avatar have no opinion?

I disagree with GMO here. But not always. He's good people who is wrong on this.

817Gill likes this.
  15. CowboysDrew

CowboysDrew Well-Known Member

1,293 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    Still curious about this one.

I got accused of being GMO in another thread so I guess I'm wondering what we Landry fans are doing wrong with being Cowboys fans.

I disagree with GMO on Lamb. I agree with the pick.

Just FYI, I knew Landry as a kid personally. My father was with Control Data and contracted to do the transfer of the Cowboys from paper to then Mag Mainframe.

So, I've been in Landry's house. He gave me personally as a child a helmet signed by Tony Dorsett.

My family played Braingames on an Atari 2600 with him.

I literally cried when he died.

So I wonder why those of us that put him in our avatar have no opinion?

I disagree with GMO here. But not always. He's good people who is wrong on this.

16. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Zone Supporter

1,204 Messages
    405 Likes Received

17. Dundalis

Dundalis Active Member

164 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Except Lamb is the superior talent and the wide receiver. So it's more like we took reversed the decision and went with BPA rather than need and took Moss instead of Ellis.

18. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

22,087 Messages
    18,800 Likes Received
    This argument is only for the most mentally challenged football fans. The Cowboys absolutely did the right thing.

cowboyed and jay94 like this.
  19. Walker

Walker Texas Ranger

1,812 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    You do not draft by need, you draft by the best talent. You draft by need you will have needs forever because no one will know how to play and you reach for it. Of course you do not draft a QB if you got a franchise QB already, but just about any position out there other than QB/Kicker/Punter you will require quantities of talent.

20. cowboyed

cowboyed Well-Known Member

2,973 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    It's icing on the cake when the best player available is also a need!