Deion Sanders had advice for the Cowboys defense

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by davidariust24, Jan 11, 2019.

1. davidariust24

davidariust24 Well-Known Member

711 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    Hopefully we can run the ball well vs a defense who will be focused against the run and cooper.

2. JMech

JMech Active Member

195 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    I am speechless. You dislike the man?

Ranching likes this.
  3. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

18,941 Messages
    48,736 Likes Received
    Yep! But, I loved him when he played for us!! Lol

Captain-Crash likes this.
  4. JMech

JMech Active Member

195 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Okay, so I will ask.........why hate his opinions? I have listened to him and his football knowledge is sound.

Ranching likes this.
  5. Ranching

18,941 Messages
    48,736 Likes Received
    He really ticked me off when he went after Romo last year. That and the fact that he tries to act and dress like a college kid rubs me the wrong way. I know, stupid reasoning. Lol

Captain-Crash likes this.
  6. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

7,237 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    albeit cliched, hateful and biased,,,

7. JMech

JMech Active Member

195 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    I get it. When I listen to Aikman covering a game I feel the same way. The thing I try to understand is why he is so critical during a game (the sort of former player/color guy on a broadcast crew that likely feels he needs to be that way to his former team) and then he does a 180 in local media. It doesn't make him a better color guy because of it. If he is doing the game today, I will be muting the telecast because their coverage has nothing to do with the game and that has to be embarrassing for supposedly one of their top crews.

But Aikman dresses nice.......LOL.

Ranching likes this.
  8. charleshaleyfan94

charleshaleyfan94 Well-Known Member

424 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    Well, my dad worked for the Boys and I had front row seats behind the Cowboys bench growing up with Tom Landry. Does that make me more special and self-entitled to brag that I snubbed a great a HOF? Quite the opposite. I felt nothing but very small in the presence of these great all-time Cowboys. And I still feel very much this way today. And all of them that I have met have been very gracious, great men. Should have humbled yourself instead of boasting that the Boys were bowing to your call.

I remember people asking me about my childhood experience and I always felt like I was the luckiest kid on earth just to be able to attend the games and see everything. And... my dad never allowed me to grow up to act like an entitled child. I miss my dad so much to this day still.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    cityochamps and Ranching like this.
  9. JMech

JMech Active Member

195 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    He's a colorful personality and entertaining. I recognize some of the things you mentioned, but I still listen. I don't have to believe what he says but he is entertaining no less.

ElGatoGrande likes this.
  10. Ranching

18,941 Messages
    48,736 Likes Received
    I did not snub him. I was very cordial. I don't mistreat or disrespect people. My 83 year old dad would kick my butt if I did. He might make an exception in your case. Lol!! Just kidding.

11. Ranching

18,941 Messages
    48,736 Likes Received
    Randy White was my idol as a kid. I got to meet him, he held three camps for me. He was great and a very cool and humble guy. Ive met many players and coaches, but I must say, I never felt small when I did. Probably the only time I felt small was when I met John Paul II. These guys are football players, not Gods.

Captain-Crash and cityochamps like this.
  12. cityochamps

cityochamps Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,248 Messages
    2,041 Likes Received

[​IMG]

He was good or really good when he gave 100% he made/sold himself as bigger than he was as a player IMO after all he was "Prime Time". I would still want him on my team back then, every time.

JMech and Ranching like this.
  13. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    3,091 Likes Received
    well heres my gut feeling, the Cowboys especially Linehan better heed this warning,

the Rams will come out and overload the Oline with run blitzes and extra defenders to stop zeke at all costs at least the first 2-3 drives, they will sell out and im betting it will work for bit, you must STICK WITH THE RUN AT ALL COSTS..Now that means you must come out and throw few deep balls on first down, slants to Amari, TE passes etc, first drive come out with a giants Game plan and use zeke as a decoy for bit PA bites and bootlegs drags with option game etc that run into surprise passes..

your game plan should be 2 fold start out of the norm show 1st quarter game plan of scripted throws and fakes and let Mcvay overcompensate and then start feeding zeke the rest of the game..you can NOT run run pass on 3rd and six the first 2-3 drives with punts and possible sacks and fumbles, their game plan will be focused on Zeke scripted the first few drives, you must come out and show some of that final giants game plan to start..then you have zeke to hammer the rest of the game..you feed into the rams game plan and let Donald tee off on third downs all day similar to how we did the Seahawks where it took Seatle 3 qurters to finally start throwing..we cant do this, SL listen!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont care how bad their run defense looked, they are frsh and have plan for this, you must get them out of it before settling back in.

14. ElGatoGrande

ElGatoGrande EGG

7,237 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    Exactly,,, consider the topic and take what he says accordingly. I don't find him insightful in the least except on rare occasions, he's mainly there for entertainment purposes only.

Ranching likes this.
  15. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

4,160 Messages
    2,688 Likes Received
    Danny W was ******-y???

RD21 likes this.
  16. RD21

RD21 Active Member

136 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I was pretty shocked as well....

17. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

3,787 Messages
    3,810 Likes Received
    Deion said tackle like I did and that will get you far.

18. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

4,322 Messages
    2,803 Likes Received
    Lol, 3 SB's and HOF.

19. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

3,787 Messages
    3,810 Likes Received
    and was scared to tackle..... lol

not sure which one I hate listening too more.. him or mush mouth Irvin. Irvin could be the voice of mushmellon on fat albert

20. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

6,709 Messages
    4,040 Likes Received
    His team? Yeah he's quick on the wagon when they win.