Video: Deion Sanders Is not a Fan of Big Quarterback Contracts

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny he should say that. I've actually never been a big fan of paying cornerbacks high salaries.

You have only one quarterback on the field while most teams average around 3 cornerbacks on the field for most defensive plays.

In any case, I hate paying any player a high contract regardless of position and really hate long term contracts as well.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Funny he should say that. I've actually never been a big fan of paying cornerbacks high salaries.

You have only one quarterback on the field while most teams average around 3 cornerbacks on the field for most defensive plays.

In any case, I hate paying any player a high contract regardless of position and really hate long term contracts as well.

There can be exceptions but they have to be game-changing players. Glad it's not my job, I don't have near the business acumen to make these decisions.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
He's really not.

Deion is confusing talent level w/ importance of position. You can get be w/ mediocre Cb's. Several teams have won super bowls w/ just that. However, if you don't have a QB, you have nothing.
Plenty of mediocre QBs have won SBs. Foles, Dilfer, Hostetler...

TheHerd

Reaction score
Many have QB under rookie contracts and all of them will get signed
That's my point. Once you pay the QB, it becomes very hard to keep your team together and keep the talent level high for the whole team.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
not top 20 are you high? hes at least 5-10 best on the team..

My top 10 you cant have cooper or any points or wins without Dak remember hes throwing to Cooper and Zeke and regardless of Daks deficiency's hes still important..some of you are blind, hes not elite has a lot of work to do but he has top 3 wins since 2016 with all the top QBs in the league..

Zeke
Martin
TSmith
Fredrick
Tank
Dak
Cooper
Bjones
Jsmith
LVE

Ok not top 10. Lol

conner01

Reaction score
That's my point. Once you pay the QB, it becomes very hard to keep your team together and keep the talent level high for the whole team.
It does but the alternative is blow your team up every 5 yrs

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
15-18 mil a year is plenty but in sure Jerry will give him 28-30 mil a year.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I would say that Dak deserves at least a 2013 Romo type QB contract IF he wins 1 play off game. That's just a little over $20 mill. Cheap by todays standards. Maybe throw in inflation of 2%/year or about $25 mill per :laugh:

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
15-18 mil a year is plenty but in sure Jerry will give him 28-30 mil a year.
Players get what the market is
I think 15 is plenty, especially for a non top 5 player, but that’s not what the market is

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I think 20 is fair to both sides
But we shall see
To me a 3 yr out is pretty important

$20 mill (2013 QB cost) plus 2% inflation/year seems about right, or about $22 mill/year, but he has to win 1 playoff game. remember the cap has gone up yearly since 2013 and if the Romo contract was no burden then a similar Prescott contract shouldn't be since SJ seems to have our cap under control ;)

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
This society in general has become amazingly blind to anything and everything that doesn't match their personal agenda.
You don’t think the reason QB’s get paid more than other positions has anything to do with Supply and Demand?