Deion Sanders' Son, Freshman QB Shedeur Sanders

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This guy looks like he could be legit in a few years. He's been spending time with Tom Brady. Apparently, Deion has the kind of money to pay a mentor like that for his son. Guy definitely has some of Sanders' athleticism, although he's no Deion.

Do we have any interest in him in 2025-26?

He's got a pretty sick QB rating, especially for a freshman .

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Jackson State.

He is talented and his passing stats were good, but he wasn't challenged. If his career progresses well, at best I can see him being a 3rd or 4th rounder a team wants to take a flier on and see if they can develop.

If his arm develops, anything is possible.

Difficult to say which round he could be selected in at this point in his career.

He's tall enough, fast enough, etc. My main concern is arm strength.

But as long as he's training with Tom Brady, I think he'll have a shot at the NFL.

His dad had a good enough arm to play MLB, so he's definitely an intriguing prospect.

BTW, he plays at Jackson State, as Darth pointed out. Deion is the coach there.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If his arm develops, anything is possible.

Difficult to say which round he could be selected in at this point in his career.

He's tall enough, fast enough, etc. My main concern is arm strength.

But as long as he's training with Tom Brady, I think he'll have a shot at the NFL.

His dad had a good enough arm to play MLB, so he's definitely an intriguing prospect.
Id like to see him grow an inch. Still possible at his age. If he believes he is a draftable guy after 2022 he should enter the transfer portal and go to a Power 5. A great career at Jackson state and he might be a mid round prospect at best. More likely a late round guy

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Id like to see him grow an inch. Still possible at his age. If he believes he is a draftable guy after 2022 he should enter the transfer portal and go to a Power 5. A great career at Jackson state and he might be a mid round prospect at best. More likely a late round guy

I generally agree with middle to late rounds. But with his pedigree, and his background, anything is possible.

BTW . . . @ 4:04, you can see Marquese Bell put the sack down on Sanders. lol

Sanders' other son, Shilo, also plays at Jackson State.

Unlike his father, dude is a pretty big hitter.

Last edited:

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It's very interesting what Deion's doing at Jackson State. He recently pulled in the #1 high school recruit in America... dude didn't go to Alabama, he didn't go to Ohio State, he went to a D-2 HBCU.

Agree.

That team is really fun to watch, too. They play great defense and the players seem to give 100% for Deion.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Didn't know he was a freshman, and that's very good for him and JSU because I wasn't impressed at all by him this season.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Didn't know he was a freshman, and that's very good for him and JSU because I wasn't impressed at all by him this season.

You're right. He wasn't all that impressive unless you consider the fact he's a freshman. We'll see how his arm develops.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
It's very interesting what Deion's doing at Jackson State. He recently pulled in the #1 high school recruit in America... dude didn't go to Alabama, he didn't go to Ohio State, he went to a D-2 HBCU.

Yes, Jackson State is really going to be a fun team to watch in college football.

Travis Hunter was the number 1 recruit, and he was exciting in high school.

Can play both WR and CB. Gifted athletically.

Definitely an NFL style of player, like a slot phenom.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If I were to guess, Deion will be at FSU or another P5 school in 2 years, Shedeur will follow him and then we will see how he fares in a major conference.

Watching him last year he has a lot to work on but reminded me of a young Baker Mayfield. He definitely extended and kept plays alive then put that ball up in the air with accuracy.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If I were to guess, Deion will be at FSU or another P5 school in 2 years, Shedeur will follow him and then we will see how he fares in a major conference.

Watching him last year he has a lot to work on but reminded me of a young Baker Mayfield. He definitely extended and kept plays alive then put that ball up in the air with accuracy.

I can see Deion at Jackson State for quite sometime. He seems committed to that school. If you haven't watched "Coach Prime" on YouTube, you should. It's definitely entertaining, off-season football withrdawal good. lol

Maybe he leaves there. I don't know. I just think he's a good fit right there. He's bringing in all the talent he needs.

From there, it's all wins for that team, imo.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I can see Deion at Jackson State for quite sometime. He seems committed to that school. If you haven't watched "Coach Prime" on YouTube, you should. It's definitely entertaining, off-season football withrdawal good. lol

Maybe he leaves there. I don't know. I just think he's a good fit right there. He's bringing in all the talent he needs.

From there, it's all wins for that team, imo.
I've followed Prime's stops at local schools and institutions all the way to Jackson state.
He's never anywhere long and FSU is his dream job.
He'll be great at JSU for sure and is good for that school imo but he'll also likely leave them to go to a P5 and then take a ton of staff and kids with him.
He begged for the FSU job before he took the JSU one.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I've followed Prime's stops at local schools and institutions all the way to Jackson state.
He's never anywhere long and FSU is his dream job.
He'll be great at JSU for sure and is good for that school imo but he'll also likely leave them to go to a P5 and then take a ton of staff and kids with him.
He begged for the FSU job before he took the JSU one.

I knew that's his alma mater. I just wasn't aware about the other details. I do appreciate the insight though. He really is fun to watch as a coach, because the players respond to him. I can see him actually making it to the NFL.

Like, no joke. Some team may give him a shot. He let's his assistants take care of the things he can't do, and then excels at what he knows. It's very interesting to see.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
By the way, after watching some more of Jackson State, I'm irked we dropped the ball on drafting LB James Houston. Dude is a beast. Was playing well at Florida then transferred for some reason.

Anyway, Damone Clark is good. But so is Houston, and Houston is healthy, and he was available in the 5th. Detroit drafted him in the 6th, which I think would have been our pick had it not been for Detroit picking him up.

Dude is way better than Harper, as far as I can tell.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Jackson State.

He is talented and his passing stats were good, but he wasn't challenged. If his career progresses well, at best I can see him being a 3rd or 4th rounder a team wants to take a flier on and see if they can develop.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HIS ARE STRENGTH

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I agree but Deion's never been one to play the politically correct game. So I'm sure not how or if that would go over well at predominantly white P5 schools that depend on big money.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

A minor correction.. I believe Jackson State is 1-AA (FCS) not D-2. Small but important distinction. It means they participate in the postseason tournament if invited. They were 11-1 last year but not invited to the tournament though I'm not sure why not. I think their only regular season loss was to a D-1 school.