Delay of game, defense 90, copy!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Ah, SHEESE WEEZY& A DOUBLE DOSE of SPINCTER PARCHEESI, TOO!:confused:

* this jizzlefest of choadchoking mortar bombing ZEBRA AWARDS is BEYOND INSUFFERABLE,,,o_O

:facepalm::facepalm::star::facepalm::facepalm:

( league wide,,, take note& render heed of pointed insight,oh, ye 32 fat wallets conglomerate, for you're ruination awaits:thumbup:)

bb721

Reaction score
people are gonna quit watching in droves if this continues.

Bad calls have ALWAYS been part of the game. If that’s enough to make you quit watching feel free to skip watching the Cowboys this year in the playoffs.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I don't ever remember seeing a defense called for delay of game. How is that possible? Defenses are not responsible for setting the pace of a game.
It is possible for a defense to delay the game if they deliberately screw around - i.e,. kick the ball around before the snap to prevent the offense from being able to pick up the ball and snap it. But that is not what the Cowboys did today at all.

CapnB

Reaction score
Ive seen it called when the defensive player lunges towards the olineman. But that was years ago. DLaw did what the dline does every single snap. that call, the RG rough the passer and the Woods laying the wood were horrible, horrible calls. Some of the worst calls i think ive seen

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't ever remember seeing a defense called for delay of game. How is that possible? Defenses are not responsible for setting the pace of a game.

All you have to know is the call was against the Cowboys.

Doesn't matter if it's a real call or not, they'll make one up (like this one) if they can't find something to call...

Xelda

Reaction score
All you have to know is the call was against the Cowboys.

Doesn't matter if it's a real call or not, they'll make one up (like this one) if they can't find something to call...
You ain't lying! Also, Troy Aikman should not be allowed to call our games any more. All he does is look for penalties on us, proclaim we got away with another one and not understand why opponents were called for penalties.

CapnB

Reaction score
2nd Really horrible call that nobody ever gets called against them. 1st was on LP in Washington and now Dlaw. Missed holding calls or missed facemask calls, i get it. it happens. But two calls that nobody ever gets called on them? Odd, very odd.

ArbynTX

Reaction score
Not that I am an apologist for officials, but I did find the following when researching delay of game penalties in the rule book:

ARTICLE 5. OTHER DELAY OF GAME FOULS
Other examples of action or inaction that are to be construed as delay of the game include, but are not limited to:

1. a player unnecessarily remains on a dead ball or on a runner who has been downed
  2. the snapper repeatedly snaps the ball after the neutral zone is established and before all the officials have had a reasonable time to assume their positions (see 7-6-3-c)
  3. undue delay by either team in assembling after a timeout
  4. a defensive player aligned in a stationary position within one yard of the line of scrimmage makes quick and abrupt actions that are not a part of normal defensive player movement and are an obvious attempt to cause an offensive player(s) to foul (false start).
I see where pointing wouldn’t be considered a normal movement, but did that cause the offense to false start? As far as I saw, no one moved so the penalty shouldn’t have been called.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Bad calls have ALWAYS been part of the game. If that’s enough to make you quit watching feel free to skip watching the Cowboys this year in the playoffs.
When did I say it's enough to make ME personally quit watching? Learn to read, moron. Strawman much?

It's not that bad calls are a part of the game, that's understandable the ref's are human beings calling subjective penalties. It's the frequency of game changing penalties and how this also affects the pace of the game and how pleasurable it is to watch. The refs should not be the deciding factor each weekend in whether a team wins or loses. People are getting sick and tired of their favorite teams being screwed over on a weekly basis because of piss poor officiating. It is a huge problem and it's getting worse.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Not that I am an apologist for officials, but I did find the following when researching delay of game penalties in the rule book:

Other examples of action or inaction that are to be construed as delay of the game include, but are not limited to:

1. a player unnecessarily remains on a dead ball or on a runner who has been downed
  2. the snapper repeatedly snaps the ball after the neutral zone is established and before all the officials have had a reasonable time to assume their positions (see 7-6-3-c)
  4. a defensive player aligned in a stationary position within one yard of the line of scrimmage makes quick and abrupt actions that are not a part of normal defensive player movement and are an obvious attempt to cause an offensive player(s) to foul (false start).
I see where pointing wouldn’t be considered a normal movement, but did that cause the offense to false start? As far as I saw, no one moved so the penalty shouldn’t have been called.
Good Post,Friend:thumbup:

But,Man ALIVE! Article #5 subsection #4 ,,,can be about as subjectively
" catch-all" construed to something akin STRAIGHT OUTTA' the UCMJ articles #15&#21,,,ya know?,,,should a HAWKEYED ZEBRA spy a D- lineman attempting to wrangle an air dried booger outta' his left nostril to facilitate in the aiding of unrestricted air flow to his bellows(FLAG),,,ALSO, the degenerative MENTAL/PYSHICAL capabilities of insulated impartiality to the available fielded ZEBRA DRAFT CLASS has been denuded to demonstrable proportions as compared to those Cat's slinging yellow flag awards& possibly be forced to dodge m-t whiskey Bottles outta' the bleachers of 40-50 years ago,,,* those old N.F.L. highlight reels are a real Hoot, seeing a 'lone' zebra matching a " to the house wide receiver " stride fer' stride& less than 2 yards off his left flank for 40 yards,,,er,,, all the while WITH A WHISTLE IN HIS MOUTH & BEING OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE DATED THAT RECIEVERS MOTHER,,,o_O

ArbynTX

Reaction score
Good Post,Friend:thumbup:

But,Man ALIVE! Article #5 subsection #4 ,,,can be about as subjectively
" catch-all" construed to something akin STRAIGHT OUTTA' the UCMJ articles #15&#21,,,ya know?,,,should a HAWKEYED ZEBRA spy a D- lineman attempting to wrangle an air dried booger outta' his left nostril to facilitate in the aiding of unrestricted air flow to his bellows(FLAG),,,ALSO, the degenerative MENTAL/PYSHICAL capabilities of insulated impartiality to the available fielded ZEBRA DRAFT CLASS has been denuded to demonstrable proportions as compared to those Cat's slinging yellow flag awards& possibly be forced to dodge m-t whiskey Bottles outta' the bleachers of 40-50 years ago,,,* those old N.F.L. highlight reels are a real Hoot, seeing a 'lone' zebra matching a " to the house wide receiver " stride fer' stride& less than 2 yards off his left flank for 40 yards,,,er,,, all the while WITH A WHISTLE IN HIS MOUTH & BEING OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE DATED THAT RECIEVERS MOTHER,,,o_O

Nice! This is awesome!

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Number 1, kudos for actually going to the rulebook instead of knee-jerking of malfeasance.
Number 2, Lawrence pointed because the TE moved in reaction to his "abrupt action" which is what the foul was called on.

As I pointed out in the other main forum threads, Lawrence either head-faked or snapped his head left only to move to the right and was deemed abrupt by the officials to make the OL jump. As you've highlighted there, that is a foul. Here's the above view that shows what Lawrence did and this is even slowed down by replay. Note that Lawrence is on the TE's motion immediately.

Back-View-GIF.gif