Twitter: Demarcus Lawerence is still motivated

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cherry picking one play doesn't "prove" anything, really.

He has really picked it up the last couple games (thankfully), but he was invisible for the first month+ of the season.

Attribute that to lack of passion or finding a rhythm after surgery, etc, but Lawrence was not playing up to his standard for a good portion of the early season.

Don't worry, I'm already prepared for the excuses to come rolling in. Bring them on.

visionary

Reaction score
He’s STILL motivated?

even though he has achieved nothing of consequence but he is still motivated?

Wow!

that’s amazing

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cherry picking one play doesn't "prove" anything, really.

He has really picked it up the last couple games (thankfully), but he was invisible for the first month+ of the season.

Attribute that to lack of passion or finding a rhythm after surgery, etc, but Lawrence was not playing up to his standard for a good portion of the early season.

Don't worry, I'm already prepared for the excuses to come rolling in. Bring them on.
Have significant shoulder surgery and see how super awesome you perform.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
So, yeah, people just want to forget he had shoulder surgery. No person is going to be 100% after any surgery. Possibly even playing at 100% probably would have hurt his recovery. We have fragile bodies and we need time to heal. These players are not robots.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He has no reason to be unmotivated. He's paid, just had a monster game, and is well liked by his teammates. His team has a winning record and currently leads the NFC East, even though they haven't played up to their potential and their record still kind of sucks compared to other teams in the NFC...

Dallasfann

Reaction score
He has no reason to be unmotivated. He's paid, just had a monster game, and is well liked by his teammates. His team has a winning record and currently leads the NFC East, even though they haven't played up to their potential and their record still kind of sucks compared to other teams in the NFC...

4 teams in the entire NFC have less losses then the Cowboys and 7 in the entire NFL. Why do you always have to end your post in something negative about the Cowboys?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am surprised the ones that were all over him for delaying the surgery aren't in here ragging on him. He was not at 100% to start the season and still catching some doubles until Quinn got some attention.

Everyone here does realize they have film on him and go over that every week and would be aware if he was not "motivated"? Does anyone here really think a player is going to get the biggest contract in Cowboys history, in this town with this coverage and people just waiting to rag on him, and not be motivated to play well?

I am not a fan because of all that Hot Boyz stupidity but the guy played through his tag year with a bad shoulder and I am looking forward to see if we get the reverse of his past seasons when he'd fade in crunch time and I don't know how much of that was because of his shoulder. I've never seen him not motivated and a handful for the OL.

The only thing dumber than Hot Boyz was War Daddy but that's what he needs to be the last half of this season because they're facing some good QB's that don't like to be hit but need to be hit....hard and often. The addition of Quinn and Bennett should help take the pressure off Lawrence because he's the lynchpin of the D.

DC4L_0420

Reaction score
idk if his sack totals are down compared to previous years at the mid way point of the season. But I haven't been disappointed with his play thus far, and I can tell he's getting healthier. Cowboys Nation is rooting for you DLaw!! :flagwave:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
4 teams in the entire NFC have less losses then the Cowboys and 7 in the entire NFL. Why do you always have to end your post in something negative about the Cowboys?

That's a lot by NFL Standards....Only 6 teams can make it into the playoffs. Actually 5 teams in the NFC alone have a better record (Vikings, Packers, 49ers, Saints, Seahawks).
3 other teams actually are tied with our record (Carolina, Rams, and technically the Eagles). That's 8 teams better or on the same level as us. That's very threatening. I'm not being negative, I'm being real. In the NFC, we are literally borderline average. Also, I don't always end my post with negative sayings. You just decide to read it and take it in a negative way.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
He’s STILL motivated?

even though he has achieved nothing of consequence but he is still motivated?

Wow!

that’s amazing

On a personal level, he has achieved something every little boy that plays football would love to. With proper financial discipline, he has set up his family to be comfortable for generations. That is quite an achievement, in fact.

I agree with Sturm though. I don't worry about Lawrence not wanting more than that after getting paid. I personally think he's just now getting back up to speed following the surgery and that had more to do with his quiet first month than anything else. He's looked like himself the past couple games.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
That's a lot by NFL Standards....Only 6 teams can make it into the playoffs. Actually 5 teams in the NFC alone have a better record (Vikings, Packers, 49ers, Saints, Seahawks).
3 other teams actually are tied with our record (Carolina, Rams, and technically the Eagles). That's 8 teams better or on the same level as us. That's very threatening. I'm not being negative, I'm being real. In the NFC, we are literally borderline average. Also, I don't always end my post with negative sayings. You just decide to read it and take it in a negative way.

Our record compared to other NFC teams is above average. The Commanders record compared to other NFC teams suck. You are negative and I will call you on it every time.