Twitter: Demarcus Lawerence is still motivated

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Our record compared to other NFC teams is above average. The Commanders record compared to other NFC teams suck. You are negative and I will call you on it every time.

Wrong. Just because the Commanders are absolute garbage doesn’t mean we can’t suck either. Commanders are bottom of the barrel garbage. Dallas is just average and that doesn’t mean our record can’t suck. It’s not being negative it’s being realistic

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish the truth about how healthy he was when the season started would get leaked.

Clearly he wasn't the same player as we've seen in the past.

Dre11

Reaction score
Cherry picking one play doesn't "prove" anything, really.

He has really picked it up the last couple games (thankfully), but he was invisible for the first month+ of the season.

Attribute that to lack of passion or finding a rhythm after surgery, etc, but Lawrence was not playing up to his standard for a good portion of the early season.

Don't worry, I'm already prepared for the excuses to come rolling in. Bring them on.

Except he's been playing well all season. Just because he's not playing to what you feel he should , doesn't mean he isn't playing well.

Proof

Reaction score

He has really picked it up the last couple games (thankfully), but he was invisible for the first month+ of the season.

Attribute that to lack of passion or finding a rhythm after surgery, etc, but Lawrence was not playing up to his standard for a good portion of the early season.

Don't worry, I'm already prepared for the excuses to come rolling in. Bring them on.

watching 100 million dollar man, who's been accused of dogging it after getting paid, dive headfirst over a pile to get a tackle absolutely proves that the effort is still there. you may have an issue with the production, but the point is that he's still out there giving it his all.

visionary

Reaction score
What does being motivated have to do with achieving anything of consequence in football? All the effort in the world won't necessarily bring you a championship.

so the teams that win SBs are comprised of unmotivated players?

just trying to understand your reasoning

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
so the teams that win SBs are comprised of unmotivated players?

just trying to understand your reasoning
It's nearly impossible, if not completely impossible to win championships without motivated players, of course. But being a motivated player, or even a team full of them doesn't mean you'll win championships.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Absolutely correct! But hey, lets pretend that did not happen!;)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He came back too early from surgery, I believe a couple of weeks early. Then he had to get into football shape. I'm excited to see how he finally plays over the rest of the season, considering he played injured the last two season. This could be his best finish yet!

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Have significant shoulder surgery and see how super awesome you perform.
He chose to put surgery off for many months trying to force the Cowboys hand into getting the contract he did. His own fault for not being ready.

Next excuse please.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Except he's been playing well all season. Just because he's not playing to what you feel he should , doesn't mean he isn't playing well.
And just because he played up to your definition of "well", doesn't mean he played well.

visionary

Reaction score
It's nearly impossible, if not completely impossible to win championships without motivated players, of course. But being a motivated player, or even a team full of them doesn't mean you'll win championships.

At this point I have no idea what you are even arguing about

if you have to go 100 miles in one day, getting in your car doesn’t guarantee that you will get there but you’re sure as heck more likely to get there than someone who decides to walk

If you are arguing that motivated players are as likely or less likely to win championships than non motivated players then more power to you, I couldn’t disagree more

this guy is being paid a 100 million
He says football is his passion and he wants to be the best

well, he’s achieved nothing so far so if all of the above are true he should be motivated

why is it news that he is STILL motivated?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At this point I have no idea what you are even arguing about

if you have to go 100 miles in one day, getting in your car doesn’t guarantee that you will get there but you’re sure as heck more likely to get there than someone who decides to walk

If you are arguing that motivated players are as likely or less likely to win championships than non motivated players then more power to you, I couldn’t disagree more

this guy is being paid a 100 million
He says football is his passion and he wants to be the best

well, he’s achieved nothing so far so if all of the above are true he should be motivated

why is it news that he is STILL motivated?
That's not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that DLaw, in many people's opinions including mine, has been very motivated...but that doesn't mean he can win a championship. It doesn't even mean he can get a buttload of sacks. What it means is that a lack of production isn't necessarily due to a lack of effort.

There are other factors to consider, such as double teams, QBs game planning to get rid of the ball quickly, and possibly lingering issues with his shoulder.

Lack of motivation doesn't seem to be an issue.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Lawrence was playing very well to start the season. Was getting pressure and playing on the other side of the line of scrimmage consistently. He's been getting healthier and has raised his game back to its elite level the past couple games. He's worth the money. A top 10 DE, maybe even top 5 if you account for both run defense and pass rush.

visionary

Reaction score
That's not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that DLaw, in many people's opinions including mine, has been very motivated...but that doesn't mean he can win a championship. It doesn't even mean he can get a buttload of sacks. What it means is that a lack of production isn't necessarily due to a lack of effort.

There are other factors to consider, such as double teams, QBs game planning to get rid of the ball quickly, and possibly lingering issues with his shoulder.

Lack of motivation doesn't seem to be an issue.

I can agree with that but still being motivated should be a news item or be worthy if a new thread

Dre11

Reaction score
And just because he played up to your definition of "well", doesn't mean he played well.

He's played well to the people who matters as well, so what you think doesn't matter

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
D-Law is the same guy.

He's getting better every single week as he gets farther and farther away from his shoulder surgery.

Having Lawrence, Robert Quinn, and Michael Bennett on the field on passing downs creates a race to the QB that should be causing opposing offensive line coaches to have nightmares.