Demarcus Lawrence Contract Disaster

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dallasfan4lizife, Nov 30, 2019.

1. jsb357

jsb357 Well-Known Member

2,690 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Jerry's contract disasters put to book form make War and Peace look like a seat back pamphlet you look through on an airplane.

2. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

22,772 Messages
    38,968 Likes Received
    I just wanted to hit reply on this post because: Yes.

And it deserves to be reread, you ignorant plebes.

Runwildboys and LatinMind like this.
  3. Corso

22,772 Messages
    38,968 Likes Received
    #RespectDaBoyzMama

daboyzruleperiod likes this.
  4. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

9,728 Messages
    4,884 Likes Received
    They're just looking at just the sack numbers. Would agree that he has been a bright spot on d this year.

5. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

15,209 Messages
    8,940 Likes Received
    lol

Runwildboys and Corso like this.
  6. ondaedg

ondaedg Well-Known Member

1,073 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received
    Worst post ever. DLaw has been a force against the run and is consistently harassing the QB. If DLaw wasn't on the field teams would be gashing the left side of our line as bad as they are gashing Quinn, Armstrong and Covington. Dude has been a stud!

7. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

10,097 Messages
    9,135 Likes Received
    The extreme ignorance around here is breathtaking.
    Demarcus Lawrence PFF = 87.7, which puts him at "pro bowl" level.

Only a fan who knows nothing about football would think DeMarcus hasn't played very well this season.

Runwildboys likes this.
  8. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,624 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Hes 1.5 sacks behind mack and has a ton more assists. If anything mack was traded for and lawrence wasnt and were getting a better deal.

9. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    4,221 Likes Received
    A good run stopper is a dime a dozen...seriously. Why do you think pash rushers that produce more sacks get paid so much more than run stuffers? It's not a good justification for his contract value at all.

10. dallasfan4lizife

5,532 Messages
    4,221 Likes Received
    I've watched him. I see his stats. Both tell me he's a good player, but nowhere close to the #1 d-lineman in the league like his contract indicates...that's my point. It's a bad value.

Also, not to disregard your PFF reference, but their rating system is completely nebulous and inconsistent. It's a data point, but you need a correlation of other data points. He won't make the pro-bowl. That's a data point that indicates he's not the #1 d-lineman..or a top #10 d-lineman for that matter.

11. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

22,062 Messages
    41,852 Likes Received
    Okay, that I'll concede.

Asklesko and CopenhagenCowboy like this.
  12. Runwildboys

22,062 Messages
    41,852 Likes Received
    He's definitely part of the raisin.

13. dallasfan4lizife

5,532 Messages
    4,221 Likes Received
    Against the run, yes. I disagree on his pass rush. It's definitely not the same as previous years. Still a good d-lineman...but he'll quickly become just another solid starter if his play doesn't improve. That's great, every team needs them...but not for the most guaranteed money in the NFL.

14. Runwildboys

22,062 Messages
    41,852 Likes Received
    Is 55 the wrong side of 30?.......................Oh......Damn.

15. dallasfan4lizife

5,532 Messages
    4,221 Likes Received
    Hey now, I've posted plenty of BS. This post isn't one of them :(

16. Chrispierce

Chrispierce Well-Known Member

3,943 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    5 sacks is not exactly what Dallas was paying for,and sack numbers were used in negotiation tactics by Lawrence,as well as delaying surgery. Thank gosh old mom told him to knock it off and get busy..he’s been playing better since he has. Still like Zeke...their contract negotiations made for a preset sub par outing situation. I didn’t like how those got handle one bit. Best DE players category shouldn’t say 5 sacks at this point,where’s his agent interests now? It wasn’t for him. It’s like paying a home run hitter to hit 15HRs. No,I don’t care he fielded well or ran bases well or walked,you pay for HRs. Well he knows that....I’m almost certain it irritates the hell of out of him. I bet he gets 20 sacks next season...I do. He’ll he mad he finished 10 or under. Good!! Don’t screw around in off season next time...same with Zeke,it matters,matters how the team plays. Put your football before your money then it’s all good.

17. dallasfan4lizife

5,532 Messages
    4,221 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting this. Yes, exactly what I'm saying. His pay is far too high for just a "good" d-lineman...just my opinion.

LOL I saw that typo. My bad, I was flowing. I meant 25...

Corso likes this.
  18. Corso

22,772 Messages
    38,968 Likes Received
    I do agree with this: his play is far too hig.

dallasfan4lizife likes this.
  19. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

15,731 Messages
    14,219 Likes Received
    Lawrence has been playing lights out the last few weeks. It's not only about sacks. It never has been with Lawrence. He's an all around all pro and I have no problem with the contract. In a year or two it won't even be close to the most money a DE is getting.

AmariChill and Runwildboys like this.
  20. dallasfan4lizife

5,532 Messages
    4,221 Likes Received
    LOL. Yes, I am using a POS phone to type these comments. If I had D-law money this wouldn't happen. More ammo against him....

Corso likes this.