DeMarcus Lawrence feels disrespected according to Jane Slater

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can't remember any player other than a QB getting a 100 million dollar contract and being worth it. Does anyone know how much Lawrence is asking for?

Tussinman

Reaction score
Martin was All Pro his first year. Played all 16 games his first 4 years, Pro Bowl every year. Never suspended.
Frederick played all 16 games his first 5 years. Pro Bowl second through 5th year. Never suspended.
Smith played all but one game his first 5 years, two time All Pro. Never suspended.

Lawrence played only 7 games his first year, only 9 his third year. Suspended 4 games.

Lawrence isn't up to the others' level, yet he wants to be paid like one of the top DEs in the NFL?

He hasn't earned that, imho. I like the guy, and he's the best DL guy on the line, but not that great...
This. When Martin went first team all-pro his rookie year, a rookie offensive lineman hadn't done that feat since the 1940s. He's been either first or 2nd team all-pro all 5 years he's been playing (that's borderline generational talent).

Smith is only 28 and is arguably a lock for Canton already (him and Joe Thomas will make 1st team all decade for the 2010 team, first team at a premier position is pretty much a lock for Canton). Signing him long term was not only a no brainer but to make matters easier he took a TEAM friendly deal on top of that........

I like Lawrence but this isn't simply "oh he doesn't play offense". There's a reason Tyron and Zack where signed long term with absolutely no hesitation.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't need to go back and look because I actually know what I'm talking about. It's common knowledge that prior to the 2018 season that they did not try to sign him...they franchised him in order to make him prove that 2017 was not an anomaly. Everyone knows this and you would have too if you didn't spend so much time hating on Dez during that period.

I guess you must have slept a lot during that time period.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
This has been obvious for a while now.

The Witten thing might have been the very last straw.

I know if I played with my arm hanging off for an entire year while Witten did nothing and came right back in like he never left, I would be a little miffed.

Meh. Witten's deal is a little more than vet minimum. Tank is shooting for a top salary. COmparing apples to oranges.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
One part that is undeniable. The Cowboys failed miserably to anticipate the market for defensive linemen and get ahead of this thing.

They could have gotten a deal done based around the $17 million a year Olivier Vernon got with the Giants. But they waited, and the Mack and Donald deals reset the market.

That's on the Cowboys.

That is 100% guess on your part.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Yeah he wanted 20 guaranteed. We must have really low balled him.

So...if he really wanted 20m guaranteed and made that a firm demand, why would Dallas have offered him anything? If he would have come out and said I want 14m guaranteed, maybe they would have played ball.

Did you ever think that Beasley just wanted to start over somewhere else?

dckid

Reaction score
One part that is undeniable. The Cowboys failed miserably to anticipate the market for defensive linemen and get ahead of this thing.

They could have gotten a deal done based around the $17 million a year Olivier Vernon got with the Giants. But they waited, and the Mack and Donald deals reset the market.

That's on the Cowboys.
I agree stated that last offseason. Our miss DLaw’s gain. We all would do the same thing. None of us are owners. No one this message board should ever hate the player for trying to make as much money as possible. You are only fooling yourself if you think you would be any different.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
See here is the deal fellas...…………….DLaw was 17th in the league in sacks last year...………...Big Red Warning Flag

DLaw tends to disappear in the biggest games of the year, like the Rams playoff game...…………Big Red Warning Flag

DLaw has a torn labrum and he has to wear a harness to play, but wont get it fixed till paid...……..Big Red Warning Flag

Sorry, but I aint paying top 5 money with all of these warning flags.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I need a diagram of the don't pay DLaw people and the people wanting to sign every free agent out there.

I dont want every free agent, just ET...……….he doesn't disappear when the games get big......did DLaw even play against the Rams, dont remember his name being called one time in three hours.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I’m sorry but maybe we should trade him. I’m tired of all this drama from either side. We’re too cheap and he’s too expensive so why not get the best of both worlds. Trade him for a 1st or 2nd rounder or something. If he feels disrespected than maybe he shouldn’t be here. We need him more than anything but I’m tired of this waiting game from both sides.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The rumor that was floating was that they did offer $20 million per year with about $50 guaranteed, but he wants a contract between Khalil Mack and Von Miller money.

Not no, but HELL NO!!!

Trade his arse to buffalo and see how disrespected he feels.

joshjwp

Reaction score
If he played offense, he would have been paid. They had no issues in making Smith, TFred, Martin the highest paid at there positions when they came up for contracts.

He's good but he's not as good at his position relative to the league as those 3 were when they signed their deals. Smith was the top LT. Martin was the top G. Fred was top 2 or 3C. Lawrence isn't even top 5.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I dont want every free agent, just ET...……….he doesn't disappear when the games get big......did DLaw even play against the Rams, dont remember his name being called one time in three hours.

Guess how you got to be able to play the Rams.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
On what planet is DLaw even in the same stratosphere as Khail Mack?

How many votes for DPOY did DLaw get last season?

IF he wants Mack money, I pull an ET and flip him and his agent off as I walk out the negotiation room.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
You just proved my point...……….DLaw can get you to the playoffs, but does jack once there...………..that aint worth top 5 money.

Dont you agree?

No, unless you're going to qualify the entire defense with that statement. Everyone got smoked. I put it primarily on the coaching, but I'm also not going to make any broad evaluations based in one game. We had a bad matchup and got outschemed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
No, unless you're going to qualify the entire defense with that statement. Everyone got smoked. I put it primarily on the coaching, but I'm also not going to make any broad evaluations based in one game. We had a bad matchup and got outschemed.
Forget one game then, how about total sacks on the season...…………...DLaw was 17th in league.

Do you think that production is worth a top 5 contract?

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Forget one game then, how about total sacks on the season...…………...DLaw was 17th in league.

Do you think that production is worth a top 5 contract?

How about the last two years? More sacks than Mack or Miller. Same on TFL & QB hits. Plus he's great against the run. So yeah, I think he's worth it.

But go ahead and give his money to a 31 year old safety who's missed 19 games in the last three years. See how that works out.