Twitter: Demarcus Lawrence hungry to get back

DanA

Reaction score
He has to prove himself or be traded to make room for Gregory's re-signing. But that's just me talking out of my backside.

It wouldn't be the worst idea. But I think we'd have to just cut Lawrence as I don't think he holds any trade value. Lawrence's base salary in 2022 is 19m and IMO he hasn't played at that level for 2-3 years (if ever). There is no guaranteed money left on his contract, but there would still be a 19m cap hit from kicking the can down the road (with signing/restructure bonuses).

We could save his 19m base salary and give most of it to Gregory shoring up RDE, this creates room for Golston to start at LDE and Basham to be backup....that makes a lot of sense to me. Personally though, I like Lawrence and think he's a good locker room presence, so I'd probably ask Lawrence to take a cut in base salary to 10-12m (guaranteed) with incentives allowing him to to get back to 19m if he performs well. If he doesn't go for it....cut bait as a post June 1st cut. I don't think we can afford for Lawrence to have a 19m base salary with best evidence suggesting he won't stay health or perform to the required level his contract commands.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
Opponents will no longer be able to focus on him the way they have in the past. Who will they double team, him or Gregory?

What does the opponent do if the Cowboys put Lawrence, Gregory, and Parsons on the line for 3rd and long? And don't forget to add in Osa.

Lawrence will do well with the improved talent on defense.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy.gif