Video: Demarcus Ware talks clearly about why the Cowboys failed but Broncos didn't

Qcard

Reaction score
If you haven't seen this it's great stuff by Demarcus ware! The video is a little long and it lags, but Demarcus goes into reasons why his Cowboys despite having all the pieces couldn't break through and get it done while the Broncos could. He alludes to the Cowboys having way too many chiefs and not nearly enough Indians. He also talks about they were more worried about stats and td's as opposed to each other. He said the Broncos would hang out together in locker room play video games, bring the family to just be around everyone during practices. He said the Cowboys lacked that team and the closeness.

Does this surprise anyone? Check the vid out, it's long and pool quality, but relevant content.

VIDEO HERE
Our leadership were a Cabo type..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Link? Murray lead the league in rushing TD's in '14.
It was during a broadcast. There isn’t a link to everything said on TV. However, with NFL game pass you can go watch the games his first year and you’ll hear it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're not arguing with me boss, I'm just reposting what a very talented player for Cowboys said, if you choose not to take him at face value then that is your
prerogative.

Many fans don't like hearing the truth so they'd rather shoot the messenger, no matter who that messenger might be.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have never heard this before or seen anything about it. Please provide proof if you are not making this up.
Go watch his broadcast from 2017 on NFL game pass. It’s there! Maybe if I get time I’ll find what game it is.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
"Sometimes you can get used to the atmosphere that coaches bring. I think that change is good." "Change is good when the team accepts it." - Sounds like he was hinting at the Wade firing/JG hiring.

"What clicks with championship teams. What I learned with Denver - it clicks in the off-season. How well we communicate. It's built in the off-season."

"It makes you play harder for guys. You know their mentality and why they're playing the game." "It's not about a chick." - Shot at Romo?

"When I was with the Cowboys, there were no missing pieces. But we were missing that total team mentality."

"Third string Left Tackle is in the game. Let's say we can't run the football. And the RB's chipping the whole game, he just took on his responsibility to win the game." "Even if he only had 20 yards, he'll take it knowing we won the game..... instead of being worried about how many yards and TD's he had."
- Sounded like a shot at Demarco Murray and/or Barber.

"I like the teams that bicker amongst each other, because they're being honest...I don't wanna be afraid to talk to the QB or RB."
"There wasn't a guy that was bigger than the team. It started from the top."

Important to note that just because that was Ware's experience in Denver and they won a SB....playing Xbox and having group text messages with your teammates doesn't mean you'll be hoisting Lombardis.

Skillit

Reaction score
Coaches don’t make players come in hang out with each other.

For every Ware type player we have there is a Witten right behind him.

The players come in, do their job and clock out. That’s a problem far beyond a coach can solve.

What distinction are you alluding to between Ware and Witten?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Players hanging out together did not win Denver that Super Bowl, good players and good coaching did.
I’m sure, NE winning all those Super Bowls, was not because the players hung our together. Again it was good players and in their case great coaching.

Dallas never won a Super Bowl with Garrett, obviously because of the lack of coaching, not because they didn’t hang out together enough.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Who knows what’s going on out there..

You hear from someone it’s a country club and someone else says it’s just a business environment..

Who knows.

I don’t feel like Bill Belichick is running his team bye throwing back yard BBQs and playing video games.

Well, a lot of country clubs are business environments. Shrug.

The Natural

Reaction score
Well why didnt he step up and take the initiative here and call any of this stuff out? He was quiet as a church mouse.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If you haven't seen this it's great stuff by Demarcus ware! The video is a little long and it lags, but Demarcus goes into reasons why his Cowboys despite having all the pieces couldn't break through and get it done while the Broncos could. He alludes to the Cowboys having way too many chiefs and not nearly enough Indians. He also talks about they were more worried about stats and td's as opposed to each other. He said the Broncos would hang out together in locker room play video games, bring the family to just be around everyone during practices. He said the Cowboys lacked that team and the closeness.

Does this surprise anyone? Check the vid out, it's long and pool quality, but relevant content.

VIDEO HERE

Dimmy wit!
How is the weather in Denver?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

VIDEO HERE
I can understand his points.

But I think better coaching was a huge part of it.

Also there is a distinct advantage playing at altitude when the other team is not aclamated.

This is very real. The hockey is the same way as is the basketball.

So Dallas definitely has its traditional issues. I am happy for Ware to get his rings.

He deserved it. But Jerrah ain't moving our stadium anytime soon.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
They can talk about chemistry and the locker room all they want but it's still all about talent. Ware was expected to carry the defense year after year here. In Denver, he joined a talented defense with Von Miller, Aqib Talib, Chris Harris, TJ Ward, and Malik Jackson. Ware never had that kind of help here...maybe Terence Newman and 2 good seasons of Ratliff but that's about it.

basel90

Reaction score
Players hanging out together did not win Denver that Super Bowl, good players and good coaching did.
I’m sure, NE winning all those Super Bowls, was not because the players hung our together. Again it was good players and in their case great coaching.

Dallas never won a Super Bowl with Garrett, obviously because of the lack of coaching, not because they didn’t hang out together enough.
At the end , I don’t recall a super bowl being won without a great coach . Garrett was 10 year of wasted time and Jerry is to blame .