DeMarcus Ware wants to work for Cowboys as a part-time consultant

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well... I guess he would have to coordinate with both Rod and Lett, since they both coach the DL and what he would like to teach them along with what they are trying to teach.
I wonder if they've had that conversation...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Judging from Garrett's reaction, it sure sounds like he's in favor of it, although it seems like it's not fully approved by the FO at this time. In regards to that possibility, I can't think of anyone who would be better suited to give some valuable advice and guidance to our defensive players. It'll be interesting to see what gives with this idea in the days to come.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Hardly ever a straight answer out of Garrett.
Dudes job is on the line, needs all the help he can get. Ware is a HOF. If Witten wanted that same role he'd already be doing it.

Charlton n Armstrong need DWare to help get some moves in their tool kit...Charlton got a wrench and Armstrong got a Phillips screwdriver...that's all for every job.
:hammer:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Like John says in the tweet, why in world he's even having to lobby. Makes no sense at all. In fact, it's close to being embarrassing for FO. One of your all-time greats damn near begging for a part-time job to offer his leadership and experience, and they're trying to figure it out.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Like John says in the tweet, why in world he's even having to lobby. Makes no sense at all. In fact, it's close to being embarrassing for FO. One of your all-time greats damn near begging for a part-time job to offer his leadership and experience, and they're trying to figure it out.

Everybody and they Grandma knows this is a no brainer, but I guess egos are at play on this one. I thought this was about winning and team, but it looks to be about the chefs in the kitchen.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Hardly ever a straight answer out of Garrett.

Sounds like the Cowboys are in the "don't call us, we'll call you" mode. For whatever reason, they aren't interested. And Ware wouldn't be lobbying in the media for the position if they were.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Everybody and they Grandma knows this is a no brainer, but I guess egos are at play on this one. I thought this was about winning and team, but it looks to be about the chefs in the kitchen.

Marinelli is big on his rep as the Dline Whisperer. To be fair, he's good at it, and the year we let Ware go was Marinelli's first as DC. That doesn't speak to them being in synch. If Ware isn't on board with the Marinelli and the Marinelli Way, it could be a problem for players receiving conflicting instruction. It's not as simple as "Ware's great! Bring him onboard!"

Mr_437

Reaction score
Marinelli is big on his rep as the Dline Whisperer. To be fair, he's good at it, and the year we let Ware go was Marinelli's first as DC. That doesn't speak to them being in synch. If Ware isn't on board with the Marinelli and the Marinelli Way, it could be a problem for players receiving conflicting instruction. It's not as simple as "Ware's great! Bring him onboard!"
Just like I stated egos!
Some people learn differently, where Rod can't reach Taco maybe DWare can.
I'm aware Rod has his way of teaching, but there's more than one way to peel a potato.

To be honest, DLaw is the only DL to excel Excel or even be above average in all this time Rod has been here. Dude could use some help.