News: Designer Creates Helmet Concepts For Every NFL Team (PICS)

Blake

Reaction score
Redesigning the Dallas helmet is to fix what isn't broken. The current design is transcendent and should never be messed with.

luckyman76

Reaction score
:huh: :thumbdown:

We’re the Dallas by-God Cowboys...not some remake of Star Wars.

:facepalm:

Agreed. It may not be popular here but this is the crap that I hate and why I hate Nike handling the uniforms. Like the Yankees, I want to go back to TIMELESS designs for all teams and have 1 throwback. All of the teams need to get back to a uniform that doesn't change. Screw trends and updating. If you do it right the first time its the damn identity of the team. Hopefully, the NFL is here 100 years from now and the Cowboys have the same damn uniform. Nike and whoever else can choose to be creative with public sold apparel. The Browns, Jets, Atlanta, Jaguars, Bucs, and other previous redesigns all suck. Players sell jerseys. Brady is the highest selling jersey. If they went back to creamsicle it still would win. That should be their throwback. Let colleges like Oregon, Arizona St and some of the others do the sh1t we see here with a different uniform and helmet for every game.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Agreed. It may not be popular here but this is the crap that I hate and why I hate Nike handling the uniforms. Like the Yankees, I want to go back to TIMELESS designs for all teams and have 1 throwback. All of the teams need to get back to a uniform that doesn't change. Screw trends and updating. If you do it right the first time its the damn identity of the team. Hopefully, the NFL is here 100 years from now and the Cowboys have the same damn uniform. Nike and whoever else can choose to be creative with public sold apparel. The Browns, Jets, Atlanta, Jaguars, Bucs, and other previous redesigns all suck. Players sell jerseys. Brady is the highest selling jersey. If they went back to creamsicle it still would win. That should be their throwback. Let colleges like Oregon, Arizona St and some of the others do the sh1t we see here with a different uniform and helmet for every game.

Another guy that doesn’t realize our uniforms have been tweaked dozens of times of the decades.

luckyman76

Reaction score
Another guy that doesn’t realize our uniforms have been tweaked dozens of times of the decades.

I realize that all too well and know about the changes to every team's uniforms. I want to go back to the late 1970s or at least the 1990s for the Cowboys. I didn't write an essay to explain my position on purpose. The uniform stuff has gotten ridiculous. I think ALL of the uniforms needs to be reset to a stock place with common themes that match the past including set throwbacks and leave it there. I am sure you loved the Browns uniforms with the pants with Browns written down the side of them or the fade to gold on the Jaguars helmets. I think the more you do those things the more you erode the identity and brand of the team. Feel free to love the helmet concepts here. It just doesn't work for me and I believe the majority of fans.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Designer Creates Absolutely Incredible Helmet Concepts For Every NFL Team (PICS)

thumb-88-1024x537.jpg

The NFL will soon lax its uniform rules with regards to helmets, allowing teams to wear more than one helmet design in a season. Whether teams use this for a throwback design to match their throwback unis, or have a completely new and radical design to match say a color rush design, it will be ...

Read Full Story

wow...……….sick stuff. Bengal helmets look amazing. All of them look amazing. Use of the colored grills really make them pop.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Absolutely NOT.
You don't mess with an iconic helmet I don't care what the rest of the league does.
If I travel in time a thousand years I want to see the exact same helmet.

Exactly. The Cowboys helmet is one of the most iconic parts of a uniform in all of sports. If they are going to change that then next they can replace the New York Yankees pinstripes with polkadots.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Most of the other teams' helmets are a definite upgrade. Sorry but ours

I like this one more than the first one shown, although a blue facemask would be more appealing to me. I just might get used to that!

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, it's like the other teams helmets are far better than ours. :huh:
Somehow, changing our helmet just doesn't seem right, folks! :omg:
I guess our current one has been so engrained in my psyche. :omg:

Last edited: