Desmond King just traded for a 6th round pick

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'm not advocating that we make the King deal. We should be in total rebuild/reload mode.

I'm just comparing the caliber of players involved in the two deals.

Also, the Titans basically just traded a 6th round pick now for a 4th round compensatory pick in 2022, assuming they don't win over King and get him to re-sign. In that case, they just traded a 6th round pick for the exclusive opportunity to sell a Pro Bowl player on their culture and team for the next 1/2 a season.

While we are sending a draft pick for a guy who was on the streets or could easily be replaced by a hundred guys off the street. And to be quite honest, will be back on the streets shortly.

This FO is only making trades just to appear as they are Big Boy GM's.

Then we agree.

Given this is a lost season, I think adding King for the price of a 2021 6th turning into a 2022 4th isn't worth it.

But trading a conditional 7th...unless that condition is us playing in the NFC CCG is dumb

Sydla

Reaction score
They are laughed at by their "peers"

Not even behind their backs or anonymously quoted anymore, openly ridiculed.

I think back to 2016 when we drafted Elliott and Jerry babbled on about trading back and how the Ravens were going to take him and we couldn;t move back................. makes you wonder if that was just another example of Jerry simply not understanding the general landscape.

I think what Dallas does better than average is evaluate college kids.

But when it comes to surveying the landscape, understanding the value of existing NFL players, draft picks, etc........... they have no clue and the lack of an experienced GM shows there. It also didn't help Garrett's brother was head of NFL scouting. What a crap show.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have loved this trade for the Cowboys.

He's a good player, but he's in a contract year.

What would the Cowboys be trading for exactly? A rest of the season rental when this team clearly isn't about to win anything?

Dallas needs to be sellers, not buyers. As the Chargers did, sell off a contract year player that you don't intend to re-sign for whatever you can get.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Safe to say that an All-Pro CB in his prime is dramatically better than Awuzie

He was in the Pro Bowl in the same year as .... (checks notes)... Jaylon Smith and Everson Griffen.

kskboys

Reaction score
King is a nice slot CB. He would not have made much of a difference for us. We need to be trading away, not trading for.

Plankton

Reaction score
I think back to 2016 when we drafted Elliott and Jerry babbled on about trading back and how the Ravens were going to take him and we couldn;t move back................. makes you wonder if that was just another example of Jerry simply not understanding the general landscape.

I think what Dallas does better than average is evaluate college kids.

But when it comes to surveying the landscape, understanding the value of existing NFL players, draft picks, etc........... they have no clue and the lack of an experienced GM shows there. It also didn't help Garrett's brother was head of NFL scouting. What a crap show.

Where they may be even worse than evaluating NFL talent on the FA/trade market is self-scouting.

Jchilly

Reaction score
Safe to say our entire O/L is injury prone now and probably wont last more than 2 games each next year

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Why was king available for so little?
I’m not sure. Just looking at things though he missed a lot of time last year, hasn’t shown up on the stat sheet this year, and is in the final year of his rookie contract.

I’m wondering if he’s had some lingering injury issues?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’m not sure. Just looking at things though he missed a lot of time last year, hasn’t shown up on the stat sheet this year, and is in the final year of his rookie contract.

I’m wondering if he’s had some lingering injury issues?
Actually I lied. He only missed 1 game last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All Pro in 2018 and he only has 8 games left on his contract. There are other factors.
Yeah people laugh at Mickey's "There's a reason they are getting rid of him" but this applies here.

He's about to be a free agent.
Cowboys don't seem to be playing for anything.
Salary cap will decrease.

He's a few years removed from being a all-pro. I honestly never looked at him as a shut down corner I didn't know he had a ALL Pro under his resume.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Why are people upset? You don't know the whole story, behind the trade. The Cowboys could have been in play, but if you're a CB in the final year looking to increase your value how would being a CB on the NFL's worst D look on your resume? If he had another year left sure maybe you make a bigger play.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dallas isn't picking up anyone that is looking to be paid big next year.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Titans are more smartly run than the Cowboys.
If this doesn't clearly demonstrate this to Cowboy fans, I don't think they can be helped.

Titans got a 26-year old All-Pro for a 6th round pick.

Your Cowboys FO sent a 7th round pick for a guy who has been cut by the Texans, Jaguars, Browns, Colts, and was on waivers 3 times in the the last 2 months.

The Cowboys Front Office is so far away from respectable it's pathetic.

What do you think about the Titans bust on the #2 pick in the draft on mariota, and the cowboys getting dak in the 4th?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What do you think about the Titans bust on the #2 pick in the draft on mariota, and the cowboys getting dak in the 4th?

What do you think about the Titans' 3 conference championship game appearances in the last 25 years compared to our 0?

Or that the Titans are 5-3 right now and just added an All-Pro and the Cowboys are 2-6 and just traded for a guy who's been on waivers 3 times in the last 60 days?

How do you feel about the fact that we ourselves passed on Dak four times, and early on wanted Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, Kellen Moore, and Nick Foles over him?

Great argument that the Cowboys are the smarter ran team though. Maybe take a nap now?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
What do you think about the Titans' 3 conference championship game appearances in the last 25 years compared to our 0?

Or that the Titans are 5-3 right now and just added an All-Pro and the Cowboys are 2-6 and just traded for a guy who's been on waivers 3 times in the last 60 days?

How do you feel about the fact that we ourselves passed on Dak four times, and early on wanted Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, Kellen Moore, and Nick Foles over him?

Great argument that the Cowboys are the smarter ran team though. Maybe take a nap now?

How do you feel about the cowboys 1 superbowl win to the titans 0 superbowl wins in the last 25 years?

At the end of the day, losing a conference championship equals the losses of 30 other teams, only 1 team wins