Devil’s Advocate - Case for keeping offense continuity

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
So we know the offense got better with Cooper - finishing 8th in yards since his arrival and averaging 22.0 ppg.

Over the last 4 weeks all the red zone issues seemed to get fixed also. If the red zone issues are gone for good and the team even bumps up their average to just 24.0 ppg next year that would be good for 14th in the league.

No it is NOT the elite. But, with this defense is it good enough?

You can make the case the offense over a full season could jump up to 26 or 27 ppg which would be good for top 10.

Lincoln Riley isn’t showing up here next year. Any other playcaller it will be his first time doing so which mean he and the offense are likely to start slow. I like Broaddus’ suggestion, unless you can show me an OC that will definitely be an upgrade (and stop with the childish “a paper bag is better than Linehan”), I’m ok staying for 1 more year and if the team doesn’t get to the NFC Championship, clean house.

Add to this that with the amount of wide open guys there were in pass game, the increase in output relies on Dak’s Deep ball accuracy as much as any scheme change.

Gallup had at least 3 wide open TDs that were missed. That alone is 21 points. I’m sure we can all name 2-3 more easy TDs. The TD vs the Colts to Olawale that should have been easy.

Dang Parcells and I thought I played devils advocate well. I called my thread "reasons to be positive". Good job:thumbup:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we know the offense got better with Cooper - finishing 8th in yards since his arrival and averaging 22.0 ppg.

Over the last 4 weeks all the red zone issues seemed to get fixed also. If the red zone issues are gone for good and the team even bumps up their average to just 24.0 ppg next year that would be good for 14th in the league.

You can make the case the offense over a full season could jump up to 26 or 27 ppg which would be good for top 10.

Lincoln Riley isn’t showing up here next year. Any other playcaller it will be his first time doing so which mean he and the offense are likely to start slow. I like Broaddus’ suggestion, unless you can show me an OC that will definitely be an upgrade (and stop with the childish “a paper bag is better than Linehan”), I’m ok staying for 1 more year and if the team doesn’t get to the NFC Championship, clean house.

Add to this that with the amount of wide open guys there were in pass game, the increase in output relies on Dak’s Deep ball accuracy as much as any scheme change.

Gallup had at least 3 wide open TDs that were missed. That alone is 21 points. I’m sure we can all name 2-3 more easy TDs. The TD vs the Colts to Olawale that should have been easy.

No matter what coaching changes are made what you saw the last 2 years will continue with our offense!
It will still be geared around #21 and big pass plays will be once again a luxury....
You do the math here...seems we have all the pieces for it to run like a fine tuned engine ...Stud HB...Stud WR...Stud OFFLine....hmmmm wonder what gasket might be leaking/???????

P.S. Here's a hint....look at the photo below....

Rayman70

Reaction score

NOT NO BUT hell no. No offense.