Dez’s post on Instagram today

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And route running/separation by McClay. That's what doesn't make sense to me, no personnel guy has ever taken shots at a player after him getting released like McClay did, why would he want to come back to that? That was a real low thing for McClay to do. Not sure he wasn't asked to do that by one of the Joneses to appease the Dezzies.
I think the staff as a whole were over Bryant. McClay is pretty much a "say it like it is" kind of guy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You guys bring up his attitude and what not but at the end of the day this organization underachieved before him and has after him and it has nothing to do with his blow ups on the side. Bryant was a nightmare for no one. When he was cut the explanations given were his health, contract and his drops.

That's called being diplomatic, as opposed to the way Dez reacted to it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Running routes. I know some people here that would sign him up yesterday! :laugh:

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Dez hasn't been like the best of them for a while, but he still brings something we need in the red zone.

Could get some of that from Hurns or Wilson though. If he were a guy from another team who came with little guaranteed money, I'd be for it. But I don't see Garrett going for it regardless.

That Dez is still available is not a good sign for him. He should be with a team, getting coached, and getting prepared, by the people he's actually going to work with come the season.

Article on Dez speculating if he's retiring:
https://www.metro.us/sports/bet/advice/nj/former-cowboys-wr-dez-bryant-to-retire-nfl-weekend
  • But on Thursday night, Bryant posted on ominous sub-tweet: "Sometimes the only way to win is not to play the game."

Honestly, the Cowboys need someone in the redzone that can win those jump balls. But it would be better for the Cowboys if it was a young guy. I say that as a Dez Bryant fan.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Honestly, the Cowboys need someone in the redzone that can win those jump balls. But it would be better for the Cowboys if it was a young guy. I say that as a Dez Bryant fan.

Hurns could be a guy to offer a lowball extension to. Validation for a guy at a low point coming off an injury. Could fold the extension offer into the already announced upcoming request for a haircut. A little face saving.

Production per target was great after game 6. A possession slot WR who can play outside too. A guy to move the chains. Redzone threat. A guy to backup the outside guys.

They thought he could be the lead dog last year. They saw value once. We were seeing it on the field, though in limited targets.

Negotiate when you have the leverage. Find out who you want to be investing snaps in. Should have offered Leary a high backup salary before 2016 too.

Hurd is in his prime for age. Young guy with experience and proven production in the slot. Maybe we get him on the cheap.

cern

Reaction score
Austin is prone to injury when winds are in excess of 10mph. Hurns coming off serious injury. We need to develop noah brown and some new players. Time to move on from perpetually injured.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Austin is prone to injury when winds are in excess of 10mph. Hurns coming off serious injury. We need to develop noah brown and some new players. Time to move on from perpetually injured.

I'm really, really interested in Cedrick Wilson, Devin Smith, Jalen Guyton, and Jon'Vea Johnson. I want to see what these young guys have to offer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're in denial. He got buttered on the field, not just the sidelined. All it took was a DB to chirp in his ear and he was off the reservation. He completely melted down vs. Seattle right before whining for the ball. We missed having a No. 1 WR, not specifically him. Cooper makes most reasonable fans happy to not look back.
Yeah he sucked and was hurt. If that’s why you don’t want him fine. If you don’t want him because of drops that’s fine. But because of his melt downs? Please. We needed more guys melting down on the sideline when we were getting whooped and instead guys would sit there and look stupid.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm holding out hope for the return of Stepfret Williams.

The icon Roy Williams. Permian Basin guy.
Hey, gotta go, Cops Live PD is on! I love it, mates when the constabulary puts the irons on the social outcasts!
... This just in: Cops PD is always on, duh! Lots o' crime. Heh.

cern

Reaction score
I'm really, really interested in Cedrick Wilson, Devin Smith, Jalen Guyton, and Jon'Vea Johnson. I want to see what these young guys have to offer.
That makes two of us. I think Sanjay lal is a good position coach. Gallup certainly benefited from his coaching.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah he sucked and was hurt. If that’s why you don’t want him fine. If you don’t want him because of drops that’s fine. But because of his melt downs? Please. We needed more guys melting down on the sideline when we were getting whooped and instead guys would sit there and look stupid.
I have no idea what you're talking about, you seem emotionally biased. I can give you actual and factual events where he hindered the team. One of the reasons we weren't successful was because Bryant acted like a 5 year old and got man-handled. You are saying you want more of that?
Don't put words in my mouth, he was a very good to great WR for a 2-3 year stretch, but after his salary extension he mentally couldn't play. I use the Seattle game as an example. That's where I was over his nonsense. There's no excuse. Not injuries or whatever excuse you'd like to use.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A perfect marriage for Dez at this time would be the Chiefs.........

Dez Bryant (Achilles') shared a video of himself running routes.
The video can be seen in the link below. It's been nearly six months to the day since Bryant initially tore his Achilles' in practice with the Saints, a timetable that puts him ahead of schedule for training camp. The 30-year-old hasn't garnered much interest this offseason given his injury, but perhaps evidence of his health lands him back in New Orleans this summer. He turns 31 in November.

RELATED:
SOURCE: Instagram
May 6, 2019, 5:47 PM ET

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You should have told me this was a horror movie before I watched it!
People on here probably still think he's going to sign somewhere for 10 to 12 mil per year. Lmbo.

I wish Dez the best. I do. But these Stans have amused me so much since April 13th 2018.

Last edited: