Dez’s post on Instagram today

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sometimes the most enjoyable part of being here is trying to figure out your posts. You're a credit to windtalkers everywhere.
He and I like to go at each other like big/little brothers.
It brings us smiles. Most of the time...

joseephuss

Reaction score
So what does that matter? One player especially a receiver isn’t the reason why we didn’t have success so why even bring that up? Romo was here too as was Ware. Is it their fault we didn’t win more?

You brought it up. You said leadership brought nothing for 20 years. I already said everyone is culpable. Did you miss that part? It appears you blame everyone except for Dez.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Uh... the flames of Hell's fires are already damned.

Duh...
Sez' only those whose faced them thus far& succumbed to it's ingrained mental machinations perhaps,,, eh?,,,er,,,Durro_O

:lmao2:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
unless your the one that actually makes those decisions, you dont know what the hell will or will not happen.
True. But we make predictions based on past observations. Generally speaking, when players cause a ruckus on a team and burn their bridges, teams don't tend to bring them back.
Then you factor in why the Cowboys let Dez go - he was disruptive, doesn't run routes well and is getting older.
Then add to that Dak is still a young quarterback who doesn't need someone like Dez barking in his ear, and that we have Cooper and Gallup who both are better route runners than Dez, I'm pretty certain Dez is not coming back.
Is that better? :)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You brought it up. You said leadership brought nothing for 20 years. I already said everyone is culpable. Did you miss that part? It appears you blame everyone except for Dez.
I don’t blame Dez solely. Sure he had his part because he was apart of that team but there’s hundreds of others.

You spoke about leadership as if that guarantees you wins on Sunday. All I’m saying. If I have 50+ guys with heart I’m ready to go.

kskboys

Reaction score
yeah but I haven't seen any pictures of him playing with ***** squirt guns. I guess Dak is "light in the loafer". Maybe more tattoos, a couple more gangster dogs and dating a couple of models will hide this. :eek:
Lucky for us Dak is far far above this crapp!!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yeah, luck none of the above has happened. Lucky.

banana.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don’t blame Dez solely. Sure he had his part because he was apart of that team but there’s hundreds of others.

You spoke about leadership as if that guarantees you wins on Sunday. All I’m saying. If I have 50+ guys with heart I’m ready to go.

No, I never said anything about leadership and guarantees. All I did was reply about Dez and your comment about trying heart instead of leadership. Did Dez not have heart when he was in Dallas? It didn't equal success then, why is that heart going to be a difference now? I think there have been several players in Dallas with heart. Obviously, the heart and leadership on the team have not been enough to bring a Superbowl back to Dallas. I'm all for more heart. I'm also all for more leadership. I'm not for taking steps backwards. Bringing Dez back is a step backwards. Same with Witten. Love the player, hate that he has been brought back. I blame all the players and coaches over the last 20 years. They all have failed to some extent to bring a championship.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

He always got credit for his passion, but came unhinged when we needed a focused adult.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, I never said anything about leadership and guarantees. All I did was reply about Dez and your comment about trying heart instead of leadership. Did Dez not have heart when he was in Dallas? It didn't equal success then, why is that heart going to be a difference now? I think there have been several players in Dallas with heart. Obviously, the heart and leadership on the team have not been enough to bring a Superbowl back to Dallas. I'm all for more heart. I'm also all for more leadership. I'm not for taking steps backwards. Bringing Dez back is a step backwards. Same with Witten. Love the player, hate that he has been brought back. I blame all the players and coaches over the last 20 years. They all have failed to some extent to bring a championship.
Dez was one of the few who played with heart. I need more than a few guys playing with heart to win in this league.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He did......but so did Charles Haley. So did countless others. He was just a diva receiver no more than any of these countless others.
But we're not talking about countless others, as if that justifies anything. Bryant was a nightmare and there's no way "playing with heart" trumps the distractions he brought. It took him out of games and hurt the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But we're not talking about countless others, as if that justifies anything. Bryant was a nightmare and there's no way "playing with heart" trumps the distractions he brought. It took him out of games and hurt the team.
You guys bring up his attitude and what not but at the end of the day this organization underachieved before him and has after him and it has nothing to do with his blow ups on the side. Bryant was a nightmare for no one. When he was cut the explanations given were his health, contract and his drops.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You guys bring up his attitude and what not but at the end of the day this organization underachieved before him and has after him and it has nothing to do with his blow ups on the side. Bryant was a nightmare for no one. When he was cut the explanations given were his health, contract and his drops.
You're in denial. He got buttered on the field, not just the sidelined. All it took was a DB to chirp in his ear and he was off the reservation. He completely melted down vs. Seattle right before whining for the ball. We missed having a No. 1 WR, not specifically him. Cooper makes most reasonable fans happy to not look back.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The x# 88 is a "crack baby",,,and ,whether or not that statement is found to be deemed in abject horror?( deleting the facts from the equation is something outta' Putty's native A.O. turf),,, by some of those for/ against in his favor/ disfavour,,, is irrelevant!,,,the fact of the matter is: " if you've ever tried to utilize the abilities of that unfortunate outcome, , , cantankerous, muleheaded & spitzer pointed boat tailed projectile is what yer' rodeoin' with,,,durro_O

*yes,,,I've hired& fired a few of them myself ,in trying to grant them gainful employment in the prior sunsets in my dissipated past wake of travel:star:
I cut him the same slack I did Owens when I found out the way he discovered who his father was when he went to his house, interested in his daughter, Owens sister unbeknownst to him. That kind fo crap just puts me at attention.

Man, I was raised up middle class in AR with two parents and my Mom didn't work. What I thought was just a normal every kid's life, and at that time it mostly was, has turned out to be the most abnormal for a lot of these athletes. Hell, I was a handful with a damned dream life compared to some of these kids but as long as I see the ones rise above that, I don't excuse that as much but who knows what being a kid with that for a Mom would do to him? He definitely has being raised by a single Mom story rights.

Ya know what's odd about this? I was privy to some inside info at OSU because of one of my employee's being a roommate and still close with a coach and while in OK was in the hometown of Blackmon, the second coming. They all thought Bryant would be the one on drugs and in trouble because of his stubbornness and Blackmon was raised in a great and supportive environment and he was the destined superstar and had as much talent as any WR I ever saw play the game. Hell, I could understand Dez being on drugs a hell of a lot easier than Blackmon, who threw away everything.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And route running/separation by McClay. That's what doesn't make sense to me, no personnel guy has ever taken shots at a player after him getting released like McClay did, why would he want to come back to that? That was a real low thing for McClay to do. Not sure he wasn't asked to do that by one of the Joneses to appease the Dezzies.