Dez already asked to take a pay cut?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The SAME BANNED site now has an article of Jerry saying he thinks Dez still have a lot left in his tank.

Jerry saying that wouldn’t surprise me. He kept saying that about Romo. He talked about Romo playing another five years and that was heading into the 2016 season.

BHendri5

Reaction score
This, according to DeMarcus Ware.

"They're going to go - they already went to Dez and said we're not going to pay you 12.5, can you do something for us to help out the team? If you say no, I'm not going to take a pay cut - guess what, you're not going to be with the Dallas Cowboys.”

There were some on this board that doubted whether this conversation would happen. It apparently already has.

Personally, I’d rather cut him then have him at a reduced salary. Dez’s better years are behind him.

He’s not capable of carrying the #1 WR mantle at this point in his career. He’s top 5 in the league in drops, which are drive killers, and he handles the ball carelessly. They’re covering him 1 on 1 now, he doesn’t have the speed to scare anyone and is unreliable as a red zone threat.

Wide receiver will be a major priority this off season.

Dez is more than capable of carrying the Number 1 spot. You are outside your mind if you think he cannot

the_h0wey

Reaction score

"They're going to go - they already went to Dez and said we're not going to pay you 12.5, can you do something for us to help out the team? If you say no, I'm not going to take a pay cut - guess what, you're not going to be with the Dallas Cowboys.”

There were some on this board that doubted whether this conversation would happen. It apparently already has.

Personally, I’d rather cut him then have him at a reduced salary. Dez’s better years are behind him.

He’s not capable of carrying the #1 WR mantle at this point in his career. He’s top 5 in the league in drops, which are drive killers, and he handles the ball carelessly. They’re covering him 1 on 1 now, he doesn’t have the speed to scare anyone and is unreliable as a red zone threat.

When and where did DWare say this?

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Tyron Smith should need to give salary back.
That guy hasn’t played half the season and when he did he was getting dominated by journeymen DE’s and LBers.

We need to be careful with Frederick also. He was bent over pretty hard most of the season. Our line as a whole was beaten all season
Oh you mean our Pro Bowl perennial LT? Tell me you're joking.

jaybird

Reaction score

What irks me is not that there asking Dez to take a paycut-he should
But why in the middle of the season ? ***
If it's true!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You are right, Ware's number was a cap hit of 16MM, which is roughly the same as Dez next year (16.5).

And I love Ware, my oldest son was born on the day of the Bears game in 2010 and I had my sisters going for hours that the baby's first and middle names were DeMarcus and Ware. But there are major differences IMO, Ware was coming off two down seasons of going from 19 sacks to 11 to 6. His 2014 Cap Hit of 16MM would have made him the second highest paid DE in the NFL that year behind Mario Williams. There were also injury questions with Ware,

The other major difference is that with the cap hit of 16MM the same, the total team cap for 2014 was 25% less at 133 Million while it will be 178 Million next year. Dallas doesn't need the cap room next year, but needed it badly in 2014.
Ware should have been traded,,,,,,,, just like Dez

Davante Adams just got 4/58m from GB........ some team will love to give Dez 2/25m just for the attention

We could get a 3rd round pick imo and would save 8.5m on the cap

I was a big supporter until his diva antics last Sunday in the biggest game of the year ...... it was embarassing

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seriously believe this team will spend big $$$ in free agency? Lol. Keep dreaming

Jerry is getting antsy, IMO. He mentioned a few times in a radio interview this morning that they can spend money to get better.

superonyx

Reaction score
Oh you mean our Pro Bowl perennial LT? Tell me you're joking.
Joking about his production not equaling $17.5M next year? Nah...
I posted the link that shows he was the 9th worst offensive lineman in the NFL this year in giving up sacks and getting flagged for penalties.

Should we cut him? Nope. No one said we should.

So how much do you think he is worth per year? $20m ? $25M?

Kaiser

Reaction score
We could get a 3rd round pick imo and would save 8.5m on the cap

I was a big supporter until his diva antics last Sunday in the biggest game of the year ...... it was embarassing

I don't think Sunday was any different than some other games where Dez demanded more targets, and I do think the most likely scenario is Dez is back next year.

But I would take a 3rd for him, especially if they are going to add a WR in the draft and in FA. They need at least one but they can pick up a FA also.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Sunday was any different than some other games where Dez demanded more targets, and I do think the most likely scenario is Dez is back next year.

But I would take a 3rd for him, especially if they are going to add a WR in the draft and in FA. They need at least one but they can pick up a FA also.

The Vikings made out better in the Herschel Walker trade than a team giving up a 3rd for Dez.

If Jerry pulls that off it should erase all of the bad trades and picks he has ever made in the eyes of fans.

Unfortunately the Cowboys would have to give the other team a 3rd to get them to take Dez and his contract.

:laugh:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The Vikings made out better in the Herschel Walker trade than a team giving up a 3rd for Dez.

If Jerry pulls that off it should erase all of the bad trades and picks he has ever made in the eyes of fans.

Unfortunately the Cowboys would have to give the other team a 3rd to get them to take Dez and his contract.

:laugh:
Stop being such a drama queen

Dez is still a top 25 WR in the league