Video: Dez at the Star today?

coult44

Reaction score
If he helps the team win isn’t that all that matters? I’d give a left..... never mind, but I don’t care i just want to see the team play in a SB while I’m young enough to enjoy it

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Nah Dez.. You want to win too badly.. We don't like that kind of passion around here.

We have no problem bringing back Witten but bringing back Dez is a no no.

Maybe under Garrett, but big Mike wants good players and he doesn’t care how they fit he will make them fit. Sign Dez to a vet minimum deal with incentives. If he doesn’t have it in camp you cut him.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That was a long time ago
Somewhat.

But if we are looking for more targets for this pass happy WCO..

seems to me Dez can fit several roles.

What I would like to see is him being able to get 20-30 snaps a game and move him all over the field.

That way they will not tip the play off like when Austin came in and it meant mis-direction.

He does not have to be the #1 WR anymore. This should reduce wear and tear.

I just think it's worth a hard look.

Bring him in, smooth out any hanging issues if there are any and give both sides a restart with different expectations than before.

The team should have handled things better in 2017-2018. Especially at WR.

Garrett is gone. The team should reconsider.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I think MM would have a say in bringing him back or not. Good to see him active and tuning his skills.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Wow some of you really do think that Dez freaking Bryant could come in and actually help this team. If I have learned one thing about Dez in my lifetime it is that Dez Bryant will always help himself first. He is an old, broke down selfish egomaniac. He is the exact opposite of what a football team should look for if they are serious about winning. The problem is that he is exactly what this football team looks for because we care more about the show that we do the results.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Wow some of you really do think that Dez freaking Bryant could come in and actually help this team. If I have learned one thing about Dez in my lifetime it is that Dez Bryant will always help himself first. He is an old, broke down selfish egomaniac. He is the exact opposite of what a football team should look for if they are serious about winning. The problem is that he is exactly what this football team looks for because we care more about the show that we do the results.
This is pretty much the opposite impression that I have gotten from Dez.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
...I think MM would have a say in bringing him back or not. Good to see him active and tuning his skills.

I would hope so, I have my own feelings on Dez but it is something McCarthy should have a big say on, since he is the one who would have to deal with Dez.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Somewhat.

But if we are looking for more targets for this pass happy WCO..

seems to me Dez can fit several roles.

What I would like to see is him being able to get 20-30 snaps a game and move him all over the field.

That way they will not tip the play off like when Austin came in and it meant mis-direction.

He does not have to be the #1 WR anymore. This should reduce wear and tear.

I just think it's worth a hard look.

Bring him in, smooth out any hanging issues if there are any and give both sides a restart with different expectations than before.

The team should have handled things better in 2017-2018. Especially at WR.

Garrett is gone. The team should reconsider.
He is older, he has had alot of injuries, and he had a very significant one that is most likely a career ender for him. Teams arent showing interest in him because he is likely done. Go forward, not back

MyFairLady

Reaction score
This is pretty much the opposite impression that I have gotten from Dez.
For the love of god he was a grown man that needed baby sitters the entire time he was here. He missed and slept through meetings. He never once took responsibility for anything. He dropped the only catch that ever mattered. He held out for all the money then shut it down. He was the poster boy for selfish thoughtless behavior. Were you not paying attention to any of it?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
For the love of god he was a grown man that needed baby sitters the entire time he was here. He missed and slept through meetings. He never once took responsibility for anything. He dropped the only catch that ever mattered. He held out for all the money then shut it down. He was the poster boy for selfish thoughtless behavior. Were you not paying attention to any of it?
Dez needed help at times.

Grant that.

And it was a time for us as a team that was always looking for bargains on the player stockpile.

We were willing to play that game to get diamonds out of coal. I never thought that was a good thing.

Another example of that philosophy was when we did not draft Randy Moss and instead took Greg Ellis.

Did we pay for that in spades or what?

When we drafted Gregory despite a drug use revealed at the combine..

we still drafted him 2nd Rd and he just disappeared.

Crazy decisions and we never have handled any of it well.

So yes, Dez would be an extension of this thinking. But these coaches are going to need to flex what they think they know to make the best decisions.

Rings are the thing.

I want one. You do, too.

Mind open going forward.

That's all I hope in 2020.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
So is noah brown

And?? Are you stating that at this time, Brown is a better
who let him in? he doesn't belong on this team. he is only a distraction. if Jerry lets him join the team, he is already meddling....this guy needs to be away from this team. we need to move on. he needs to ****** move on

So, JJ is meddling for inviting Dez to work out at the Star? So, what do you think if MM requests Dez signed to the 90? Is this also your proof JJ is meddling?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Look if you told me I can draft the next Dez Bryant I say bring it on. Let him ball out for 4 years. Slap a 5th year option on him. Slap a franchise tag on him. Then let him go get his retirement package somewhere else. I am all in on that 100% even with all the baggage. At least there is the upside potential. What we are talking about here is bringing back an old broke down nothing who acted like a jackass when he was here. You don't get to sleep through meetings and film sessions when you are the 6th option in the offense. If anything you should be playing special teams. Imagine Dez running down on kick coverage LOL.

Big_D

Reaction score
Dez minus Garrett? I'm all for it. Right now the price is right. Upside vs cap hit. Low risk situation at 31.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Holy irrational bias, Batman! :rolleyes:

starfan1

Reaction score
Its not the Dez at WR we'd be bringing back its Dez at 2nd TE. He cant be any worse than Witten from a physical standpoint and I'm gonna go out on the limb here and say hell be faster. What we will miss is Wittens leadership capability but I really didn't see much of it on display this past year but I didn't attend any meetings.

I felt it was a mistake bringing Jason back this year cause I felt that he would eat into Blake's potential growth and he did. If Blake cant block at all then he needs to be sent packing whats the point of keeping him? because bringing Witten back wasn't the answer

Now here I sit pondering and accepting the idea that bringing back Dez would make our team better if it was at the TE position. I understand what MFL is saying and the temper tantrums that Dez used to throw is definitely something to consider but knowing hes probably a bit more mature.Knowing hell be well down the list in priority options. I think its not out of the question to kick the tires because we have entirely too many needs on defense to think your going to draft a TE. I can see needing our first 4 picks at least needing to be defense. DT,S,CB,maybe 2 of them and LB. (how many of you feel just rosey about smith and LVE and his health?

if Dez can come in at 240-50 maybe a bit less that possibly can work

Last edited:

DallasDomination

Reaction score

He did the best he could under the worst coaching staff in the league. He was always told to beat coverage regardless of scheme or defense. And he still dominated.

Dez plays with passion and this team desperately needs some...