RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

Turtle0986

Reaction score
I am a bit shocked, but I think we all knew this could happening, with the WR free agent signings the front office made, it didnt seem to make sense to have so many WRs on the roaster. Best of luck to him were ever he ends up in the league.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Surprised, but really Dez was Romo's receiver and Romo elevated Dez just like he did most every other WR who he played with.

Dez and Dak never had that chemistry and if we are going all in on Dak then he is going to need a WR to grow alongside him, with Dez's stats pointing downwards, his declining athleticism and his age I guess it makes sense to rip that band aid now.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
It's the right move, didn't think he'd be cut this year but it's better to rip that bandaid off fast than slowly.......I think the offense is better without Dez, nothing against Dez, he's a decent possession receiver, he's just not elite and without him I feel the offense is more balanced and the ball is distributed more instead of trying to force throws to Dez all the time

USMarineVet

Reaction score
cover256x256-643bcad150bd4797a2b791e39656aef6.jpg

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
Good thing we have a dominant defense so taking a WR in the first is an alright move....not.

Anyone who thinks that using our first round pick on a WR is a good move is brain dead imo.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
If the Cowboys want a WR in the first round they have two nice options at 19 and a few more with a trade down. They are hardly painted into a corner.

The thing about Ridley? He's about as plug and play as a WR gets in this league.
And now that teams KNOW that the Cowboys will be targeting a WR @ 19 how many of them do you think will be trying to jump up in front of the Cowboys to get a WR? Cutting Dez is going to cost us picks, wait and see!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Need speed and great route runners outside on offense. This is a NEW era in the passing game...tired of all those endzone fades (one of the most overrated plays in football) and forcing throws hoping Dez can just go get it.