RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The offense has been terrible over the years without Romo, without Zeke, without Tyron Smith.
I don't remember it being impacted that much without Dez, and he's been out quite a bit.

kento40

Reaction score
He stays in division. I think we go Ridley honestly.

I agree with a lot of posters. He was Tony’s guy. Not a dak type.
No receiver seemed to be a Dak type last season. Guess we should get rid of them all. Or maybe, just maybe, it wasn't the receivers, but the one throwing the ball? Nah that would be too logical.

Plankton

Reaction score
They're going to turn the page from the Dez era and look toward the draft for a new WR corp.

This had to be done and frankly I salute them for doing it now. We are better off without Dez Bryant.

Not in 2018 they aren't. Look, I have been as big of a Dez Bryant critic as anyone - the guy has only beaten up on scrub corners the last few years, and last year, he didn't even do that. He is a diminished player from what he once was.

That being said, the WR position is a total weakness that has only gotten worse now. Rather than commit resources to finally fixing the defense, they are now going to have to fill a hole at WR for a QB that likely won't be able to maximize his ability. Not to mention that any rookie WR isn't going to be a #1 option. Just a bad move. After this year? Wouldn't have a problem with it. This year? The move makes no sense.

tm1119

Reaction score
They're going to turn the page from the Dez era and look toward the draft for a new WR corp.

This had to be done and frankly I salute them for doing it now. We are better off without Dez Bryant.

How’s the D looking?

funkytown

Reaction score
Regardless if it was the right move or not, it was at the wrong time.

How incompetent can this franchise get with personnel moves? Smart teams find a way to trade aging or overpriced stars.

But why now? 2 weeks before the draft and months into free agency. This should have been done before free agency.

pansophy

Reaction score
Eh I don't know. Not sure whether I agree or disagree yet, but Dez is 29 and he haven't gotten production from him since Romo left.

It actually doesn't matter who's fault it is. Fact is we are getting anywhere near the value we should and he probably only has a couple years left anyway. If New England can cut Moss after the production he and Brady had together then we can cut Dez.

zack

Reaction score

Please explain how they are better off without Dez? Hurns, Williams, Beasley, and Witten. If moving to the check down offense like last year is the plan, then this is the group of guys you want. And please don't say Calvin Ridley either. No rookie receiver in this draft class will benefit this team. This is one of the stupidest moves they have made outside of cutting Romo.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Okay we saved a shade over $8M in cap space by cutting Dez. If we are able to sign say Hankins and Eric Reed for $8M combined, would everyone be happy with the move?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score

How incompetent can this franchise get with personnel moves? Smart teams find a way to trade aging or overpriced stars.

But why now? 2 weeks before the draft and months into free agency. This should have been done before free agency.

This is the heart of the issue.

Cut whomever you want, but have a plan. Don't realize in April that your #1 receiver needs to go and A rookie, Alan Hurns and Terrance Williams are your options to replace him.

Now we HAVE to spend a premium pick on WR rather than actually being able to see how things fall.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I'm just putting these out there..not making arguments because I wanted him here.

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
Dez would be a beast on Seattle. Wilson is the king of scrambling around and throwing jump balls. Much like Romo, but better.

btcutter

Reaction score

Should have been done AFTER the draft making sure they can fill that need first. AND this won't tip your hand during the draft.
Now... Everyone knows Dallas needs a WR and will try to leap frog is for one. ‍♂️

BRoni

Reaction score
This is really going to hurt the offense unless we do draft a WR that will have an immediate impact. Disappointing.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We can only hope...I doubt it as Jerry has adopted his red-haired boy.
I think Jerry just proved no one is untouchable. And if Garrett and line hand fail after endorsing cutting dez they won’t have a leg to stand on should this offense go down the drain

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry.....That makes absolutely no sense at all. I guess a kid can't grow up loving a team.....then tell another don't draft me cause I didn't love you all growing up.

I love the company that I work for.....especially every other Friday. C'mon now!

Sounds like he won't be dead to you when he's playing in a Skins uniform. I can live with that. It won't be the same for me. If he goes to the Skins or the Eagles or the Giants, he's as dead to me as Murray was.

I'm sure Dez will find a way to live with that disappointment.