RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dez would be a beast on Seattle. Wilson is the king of scrambling around and throwing jump balls. Much like Romo, but better.
I think it's going to be San Fran that takes a run at him with a 1 year prove it deal for 10m+. They have tons of cap space (47m) and a QB who can get him the ball

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
All those fans that said Dez wont be released pointing to stats and money and no WR to replace him, they were so confident. :lmao:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If the Cowboys want a WR in the first round they have two nice options at 19 and a few more with a trade down. They are hardly painted into a corner.

The thing about Ridley? He's about as plug and play as a WR gets in this league.
Good observation. My concern is that they panic in the first round and needlessly trade up.

btcutter

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of posters. He was Tony’s guy. Not a dak type.

Dez needs a QB who can throw him open vs Dak who's the type of QB who needs the WR to be open BEFORE he will throw them the ball.

LittleD

Reaction score
I think Jerry just proved no one is untouchable. And if Garrett and line hand fail after endorsing cutting dez they won’t have a leg to stand on should this offense go down the drain

I hope you are right. My guess is Garrett and Stephen both convinced Jerry that it was time to make a change and
get Dak friendly.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Yea JG and Linehan dont like to be called out for the bums they are.
Without Romo changing the play at the line and a young QB they have been exposed. So lets blame dez because why not?
I agree just think his play has declined and all his sideline antics sealed his fate with SJ. I am no Red fan.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dez needs a QB who can throw him open vs Dak who's the type of QB who needs the WR to be open BEFORE he will throw them the ball.
Dez needs to learn how to catch the ball when it comes to him. Looks like that fat contract made him complacent.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is really going to hurt the offense unless we do draft a WR that will have an immediate impact. Disappointing.

Hurt the offense?

"Dez caught 49 percent of his targets for 6.7 YPT over a three-year stretch. You can't explain away that level of statistical hideousness with injuries and team context. He can rebound to useful status at 29 y-o, but no way he's ever a great player again. No way."

Dez WAS hurting the offense.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No receiver seemed to be a Dak type last season. Guess we should get rid of them all. Or maybe, just maybe, it wasn't the receivers, but the one throwing the ball? Nah that would be too logical.
Funny you say that because it is almost exactly what they are doing... Hurns, Thompson, and now a top pick in draft such as Sutton.
Finally..... Finally this team stops being loyal but rather does what's best for the team. Too many years we would hang onto mediocre and scrubs based on what they've done in the past just hurts a team.
Getting ready to Dez was just doing what had to be done. time to move on

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dakvictim the first of many i fear! By the time Dak is gone Big D will have reached one of the lowest points in our history!

Goodbye Dez and ya we shall see now what you're capable of with a Franchise QB on the other end of the passing formula.....

Reaction score
I have to say I'm really surprised. Not upset, just surprised. I understand the financial reason behind it. He's not worth $14M a year.

I don't see how the WR position is better today than it was yesterday however.

I hope he doesn't sign with another NFC East team.

Dwight

Reaction score
You can't slip anything past the Hobbit...

With the release of Dez Bryant, the Cowboys will look at taking a receiver heavily in the first two rounds even with adding Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson in free agency. The Cowboys have had pre-draft visits or workouts with the top receivers in the draft, like Alabama's Calvin Ridley and Maryland's D.J. Moore.

I have mixed emotions about the cut but now it officially exposes the team’s draft strategy.

This FO is hilarious.