RELEASED Dez Bryant has been released

Dwight

Reaction score
I have mixed emotions about this.

It could backfire or be a blessing in disguise meaning Dez gets signed by another team and produces well and expose Jerry and Jason even more.

Or if Dez doesn’t produce well (with another team) this helps the organization out cap wise and proves the FO made the right decision.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why are so many surprised?

:maury

Really, he’s been receiving nothing but hate since the end of the season with many wanting him gone but now that it appears they’ll be getting their wish fans are upset. What a strange crowd we have here.

John813

Reaction score
They should have never gave him #88 when they drafted him.

Say what you want about his 2015+ play, but it's not like he was Antonio Bryant.
He holds the #1 spot for receiving touchdowns for the Cowboys. Not bad for a franchise that has been blessed with good receivers and QB's.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I am surprised somewhat. I thought we could get him 1 year more on a reduced deal. My guess is he said no.

I don't think he was ever even given the option to take a reduced salary. The F.O. made up their minds just like with Ware. At least they waited till Ware only had a couple of years left. Wait and see what Dez's career stats look like when he is 35.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Shout out to everyone who said this wouldnt happen...

Business is business and if you ain’t producing why act surprised when you get axed

Big_D

Reaction score
Honestly the saints probably make the most sense. They're contenders, have a great QB and Thomas still on a rookie deal.