Dez Bryant: I'm a Cowboy for life

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is what made me love the player from the start. Before all the social media bull he got wrapped up in.

As she said shes spoken with him, and he said its not about the money but about respect. Theres nobody on earth or any other planet that can say Jerry and the organization havent shown Dez all the respect he could ever ask for. When he was going through his troubled time there wouldnt have been a team in the league that wouldnt have tried to trade him. But Dallas stuck by him and provided him guidance and security to save him from himself. That is what makes Jerry and this organization special. At the end of the day its entertainment and its just a game these guys get aid lots of money to do. But beyond that, fans have to realize that they are people.

Best news is the report on Tyron and him not needing Surgery, and he's feeling just fine.

Cowboy for life? I would test that if I was Dallas. The right move is to dump him. Production is down and heading lower over the intermediate term.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Because he knows no one on the open market is paying him. He's overrated and he is probably realizing that.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
I'm really getting sick and tired of the FO, coaches and even some players saying that Bryants crying rants is to motivate the team. I'm with Stephen on this one.....it's a distraction.

I know all that “fake audio” of his outbursts where he actually is saying positive things.

If you don’t wanna root for the cowboys, why are you even here?

conner01

Reaction score
To some players respect and money are one and the same. I put dez in that category.
To many people they are the same.
I don’t know if that’s the case with dez but we will see. I don’t blame any player for wanting that big contract but once you’ve made your money and you reach a point your skills may not be the same I think more should work with the teams, but it’s a business on both sides

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I know all that “fake audio” of his outbursts where he actually is saying positive things.

There are plenty of examples of Dez coming undone without needing to dismiss your "fake audio" point. You don't have to make excuses for players to be a forum fan.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Didn't read through all 8 pages, is he willing to take a pay cut to stay then?

Pants

Reaction score
My personal progression with Dez

1) I love Dez
2) Dez is a Cowboy for Life
3) Dez wants the ball thrown to Dez
4) Dez throws tantrums when the ball isn't thrown to Dez
5) Dez won't take a pay cut
6) Dez loves Dez

Hadenough

Reaction score
This is what made me love the player from the start. Before all the social media bull he got wrapped up in.

As she said shes spoken with him, and he said its not about the money but about respect. Theres nobody on earth or any other planet that can say Jerry and the organization havent shown Dez all the respect he could ever ask for. When he was going through his troubled time there wouldnt have been a team in the league that wouldnt have tried to trade him. But Dallas stuck by him and provided him guidance and security to save him from himself. That is what makes Jerry and this organization special. At the end of the day its entertainment and its just a game these guys get aid lots of money to do. But beyond that, fans have to realize that they are people.

Best news is the report on Tyron and him not needing Surgery, and he's feeling just fine.

Great, Dez is taking up a roster spot and didn't we hear the same BS on Tyron last off-season.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Getting tagged is less desirable than a 5 year 70 million dollar deal. If Landry sucks next year, Miami is out clean. Dallas has been stuck with Dez regardless of production.
Great ...they are out clean from a supposed Franchise WR ......that is no victory

I was just pointing out all these experts begging for Landry and Robinson whining about Dez' contract when these guys cost even more and have never been as good as Dez

Here's your sign......

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Dez has thrown tantrums numerous times in the past. He once walked off the field before games end. Perhaps he's just zevon's excitable boy. But only the most naive among us would fail to see such behavior as not being a distraction.
So did Michael Irvin and TO........ WRs are Divas...........news flash

Praxit

Reaction score
...Dez, has turned into a Romoesk figure. Milk the clock with realization, .. your too old for another team.. Bwahahaha....:hammer:

cern

Reaction score
So did Michael Irvin and TO........ WRs are Divas...........news flash
Divas who produce are more readily accepted.. Irvin was a team leader, not a tantrum thrower. Owens was admittedly a butt who produced. Dez throws tantrums. Multiple injuries the past three years have made him just average. It's a shame, but just the breaks in the NFL.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep race discussions out of the threads please, guys. If you see something you think is outside the forum guideline, report it and we'll make a determination as a staff. Saying racist things generally gets people understandably worked up. Accusing people of saying racist things does the same. Just report it and let the staff handle it rather than debating hidden meanings. Thanks.

Verdict

Reaction score
See here's a perfect example of how some fans can't handle a player they're all in on getting criticized. I NEVER said or implied I "hated" Dez. That's an erroneous statement and quite lazy.
I can give you a list of examples of why Dez is not a professional and is not mentally equipped. But, you'll ignore it or discount it because in your mind Dez is some elite play maker.
It doesn't mean hatred. Too many fans think they grasp it's definition.

They can't stand for Dez to get criticized so they attack the message, the messenger and assert ulterior motives. They just can't stomach the thought that Dez truly is a horrible player.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great ...they are out clean from a supposed Franchise WR ......that is no victory

I was just pointing out all these experts begging for Landry and Robinson whining about Dez' contract when these guys cost even more and have never been as good as Dez

Here's your sign......

If Dez was producing and not dropping so many balls, nobody would be complaining. When you make a lot of money, fans are going to have expectations. Dez has never lived up to his current deal. Now that Landry is making a lot of money, he'll be expected to post big numbers too.

winzstar

Reaction score
David Moore
Stephen Jones on Dez Bryant: “No one wants to compete & get after it more than Dez. At the same time, we all know this is a business where everyone had to be accountable...We’re going to be grinding it out trying to understand what is in our best interests of our business.”

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Here is a video of his “positive” things people believe he said. Yes, his words may not technically be “negative” but he was clearly ranting.

See, he was upset he didn’t get the ball on a crossing pattern. Tony threw it behind him because he expected Dez to stop. So he got upset, slammed his helmet down, and then started saying his “positive” things. Then the coaches and Romo had to tell the dummy what he needed to do.

He did this while the Cowboys were leading. Why? Probably because that was the week he was flapping his gums comparing himself to Megatron, who was having a career day.

This wasn’t Dez being positive. It was Dez being selfish.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/0ap2000000271580/Dez-Bryant-sideline-sound

CharacterizIng Dez being positive in that video reminds me of this commercial between mother and daughter:

Last edited: