Dez Bryant: I'm a Cowboy for life

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know all that “fake audio” of his outbursts where he actually is saying positive things.

If you don’t wanna root for the cowboys, why are you even here?

Somebody found audio on 1 of dozens of outbursts where he said something positive but the audio was after the peak of the rant.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I really hope Dez has a Monster Year this year In all honesty for all parties involved ---- DEZ , COWBOYS , FANS, & THIS FORUM LOL !

Would Love to see him come out with a huge chip on his shoulder - Dad and Dez work in the offseason on improving chemistry then they come out and put up lets say 95 catches - 13 or 1400 yards 14 TD's

Come On Boys Get this Ship turned in the right direction !

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Somebody found audio on 1 of dozens of outbursts where he said something positive but the audio was after the peak of the rant.

Correct. He was not being positive, he was ranting. That said, the audio wasn't as bad as people made it out to be prior to the audio being released, so Dezzies considered that a win since the words could technically be construed as positive. "Come on Tony, we are the best at this" is much better than "You always miss me when I go over the middle" but it is clear Dez was frustrated and ranting despite some of the words he used.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There's a stockpile of examples of Dez having a mental breakdown. Dezzies chalk it up as hero passion. In reality, for being an 8 year veteran - grown adult Dez has demonstrated that he's not able to keep his focus and let's opposition in his head. He had a couple very good seasons in the past but the last 3 seasons he's falling off and all of his childish BS isn't worth it because he's not elite.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dez just went Tupac 2.0....."Everybody not with Dez can kiss my a**!"

Looks like we got ourselves a thug in the locker room.

Hardline

Reaction score
Maybe when he said a Cowboy for life he meant Oklahoma State Cowboy.

winzstar

Reaction score

The latest Instagram I read has Dez replying:
  • dezbryantGood job? ... ***k good job I don’t want to hear it..I don’t want no praise I don’t want none of it...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dez and Tupac shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

One was a cultural icon that people with remember for decades and one is just a common arse that had a few minutes of localized fame.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

One was a cultural icon that people with remember for decades and one is just a common arse that had a few minutes of localized fame.
That's actually pretty refreshing to hear.

winzstar

Reaction score
Once Beasley was doubled Garrett's answer was to put him on the bench. We wonder why Jerral keeps saying Garrett is safe.

Reactions: G2

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Tupac did time for rape, shot 2 cops and got killed for stomping a Crip in Las Vegas

What a role model

Dez wore his pants low, bought some jewelry and bought a monkey......what a monster

I would love to know the story of what Dez did to you that day

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tupac did time for rape, shot 2 cops and got killed for stomping a Crip in Las Vegas

What a role model

Dez wore his pants low, bought some jewelry and bought a monkey......what a monster

I would love to know the story of what Dez did to you that day

First I'll say that I can't explain Tupac in words. I'm not sure even his biggest fans or friends could really put his influence into words.

I'm sure many will find it surprising that I'm a "fan" of Tupac.

My comment was not about him being a great human. It was about his talent and impact on his craft and on the world.

He was not a role model per se and I don't think he claimed to be one. People can inspire or be an inspiration without being a role model. I think part of his message was "don't be like me if you can avoid it".

Unfortunately, much like the false narratives we see here, I don't think most people on both sides of the social issues he focused on really understood his message. In his message the end goal was unity. The fight against the establishment was about change, not about hate or about fighting back just solely for retribution; although, retribution might be part of the process.

He didn't place all the blame on the establishment and called for change on both sides.

In his message violence was a method of survival and maybe a method of change in regards to revolting against the system/establishment but not the end goal.

There is a lot to be learned from people in history but if we ignore all of the ones that did some bad things, then we won't learn much.

I'm not condoning crimes but the circumstances of the crimes you mention were not cut and dried.

He was not charged with rape. He was charged with sexual abuse, a misdeamor. He had consensual relations with a girl (fan) in his hotel room and then some members of his posse took advantage of her and he didn't stop them or something to that effect.

The cops that were shot were off duty and didn't identify themselves as cops, in part because they were drunk. I think he would have been in jail for a long time with no bond out if he just blatantly gunned down some cops with no questionable circumstances.

Good or bad personally, Tupac was a cultural icon that impacted the world with his message and had a rare talent for inspiration.

Dez is just a whiny rich guy with a troubled past that underachieved his physical talent because of a sense of entitlement.

star-ving

Reaction score
I see it playing out as he will either take some level of a pay cut or we will see us taking multiple WR's especially with these comp picks...

Last year was the DB churn...now the WR corps.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I know all that “fake audio” of his outbursts where he actually is saying positive things.

If you don’t wanna root for the cowboys, why are you even here?
Ha ha ha! You're one of those guys. I was too, I think, a long time ago- back when I used to let the liquor get me, now the liquor gets for me, but that's a story for another time. Get used to all the personalities here, bubba. They ain't going anywhere.

Just enjoy and argue where you want. Good luck going against a few here though... off the top I would say: Stash, Alex, Fuzz, Idgie, nightienightman, and a few others I should have remembered, but I didn't so whatevs.

I'm trying to talk more hip nowadays.