Dez Bryant promoted to Ravens active roster

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
hmmm.... DEz suffered from the exact same issue all of our WRs are suffering from right now. We went from having the top WR trio in the NFL to having a bunch of scrubs in 1 week. Amari Cooper went from being the number 1 fantasy WR in the entire league to someone I wouldnt even start if I had him today. 1 catch for 5 yards last week. I guess we should just release Cooper, he sucks.

Thats exactly what happened to Dez. Then you say nobody wanted him? He signed with the Saints, a SB contender at that time and he promptly blew out his Achilles. Now he goes to a team that has a QB that is seriously struggling to throw the ball. So if Dez does nothing, it will be because he sucks, right? Well I guess all of the Ravens wr's suck then, because none of them are doing jack.

Please don't, use the saints. They were desperate after losing their #1 and #3 receivers in back to back weeks so FINALLY in week 10 Bryant was signed. Part of the free agency period, training camp, preseason and then finally TEN weeks into the season a team was desperate enough to sign Bryant. As far as Cooper is concerned, his ability to catch the ball has NEVER come into question.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Will play in his 1st NFL game since Dec. 2017.

Here’s hoping he throws up the X tomorrow!
:starspin:
Awesome. Cowboys treated him badly as he played hurt for his team his last years. Dealing with injury, Jones, and Garrett would make anyone a little unstable as he wanted the Cowboys to challenge for and make it to the Super Bowl. He did not get the second chance like Witten. But he still is the Cowboys All-Time leader in TD receptions. He held up the honor of the Cowboy jersey no. 88.

I going to watch the games and I hope to see that X thrown up.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Please tell us all the outside opportunities Bryant turned down waiting for the Cowboys to bring him back. Don't say any TV jobs because it was said that often when Bryant talked to the press he can across like a street punk.

Your assessment of Cooper and that he lacks the fire with the implication that Bryant did EXCEPT it was Bryant who stomped off the field to the locker room like a spoiled little kid before the game was over and the offense had the ball when the was told he wasn't going to get the ball. Ya tell us again about how much he loved playing for the Cowboys.

Your big defe3nse that if Bryant didn't get the ball early that he lost focus is just another way of saying that he's pouting which is not the type of character teams look for.

You can make up all the excuses you want but that doesn't change the fact that he's sat for long periods of time in between teams and really good player don't unless they have off the field issues. Bryant does has some but it's more because his skills dwindled.

When I say Dez was an easy target it's for people like you who use code speak (street punk) to describe him.

It funny I got you to say why you really hate this guy without you even knowing it.

This is what Cooper lacks, Dez did this on the road a place where Cooper barely makes catches and checks out while the game is in the line.

Dez stats that game 6 catches 114 yards and 3 tds.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Right because facts which illustrate that your faith in NFL front offices seems to be misplaced shall be ignored.. Meanwhile you posted several times that "Dez was second in the league in drops in 2016 and led the league in drop sin 2017." Now drops are always a tricky stat to track because many times one man's drop is another man's poorly thrown ball.. But I went hunting and found a site that at least claims to have tracked them..

According to this site .. https://fantasyfootballers.org/strategy/nfl-receiver-drops/ Dez was charged with one drop in 2016.. on 96 targets. ONE!! Not only was he not "second in the league" he wasn't in the top 50..

Then I thought... Well maybe you were right about 2017.. so I looked.. but that site didn't have the numbers for 2017.. So I had to do some more digging. I found this article from the Washington Post http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2017&type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232 that says Dez dropped 6 passes in 2017.. which tied him for 5th in the league..

So it appears you memory of how bad Dez was may have been a little bit biased. Given that I am now inclined to question just how much of your expert assessment of Dez's performance needs be heeded and how much needs to be tossed in the trash.

This article states that Pro Football Focus says that Bryant did have the most drops in 2017

https://www.raiderecho.com/sports/2018/05/15/dropping-the-ball-on-dez-bryant/

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
When I say Dez was an easy target it's for people like you who use code speak (street punk) to describe him.

It funny I got you to say why you really hate this guy without you even knowing it.

This is what Cooper lacks, Dez did this on the road a place where Cooper barely makes catches and checks out while the game is in the line.

Dez stats that game 6 catches 114 yards and 3 tds.

How Bryant spoke to the press has less than ZERO to do with my opinion of his current football skills or how he handled himself while on the field when he was with Dallas. Your link isn't allowed her so I have no idea what it shows. I do know in a home game against the packers Bryant stomped off the field like a spoiled little kid before the game was over.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
With rookie and young qbs they have an affinity to throwing the ball to the closest targets i.e. tight ends and slot wrs. The reason is that they don't have to read the defense as much, they throw to the wrs only on the boundaries so they either hit the wr or it goes out of bounds.

It's just what they do and in 16, 17 and 18 that was Dak and I was skeptical. In 2019 Dak started throwing deep to medium over the middle, crossing routes and that opened the offense as you can see by his performance.

Those seasons Dak just had to go through to get to where he is today but Dez and the whole receiving corps suffered with his growth.

I'm not saying that Dez is blameless, he could have worked on his game, worked on his weaknesses but the Garrett staff pigeon holed these players and never asked them to do much more outside what they thought that he could do.

I would have liked to see him with a demanding coach, someone who would push him.

I am not disagreeing with you on dak and his progression, but I also can't discount the fact that besides Beasley, he did not have receivers that could get separation on a consistent basis.

I find it odd that in 2018 dak's was still having the same problems in his progression. Then Amari comes in mid season, and Dak takes off. Suddenly he can throw all over the field.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
He should do well. Last i checked there were no Snakes in Baltimore.

Media drama.

2015 401 yards
2016 796 yards
2017 838 yards

When you play like a #1 receiver, snakes don't bite

I hope dez tears it up in balitmore, and if he is going to succeed anywhere, the ravens is a good choice. He had 3 good seasons out of 8 here. That is reality. When you have 3 out of 8, you shutup, and do better.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GL Dez hope you get a SB ring brother!!!!

birdwells1

Reaction score
I am not disagreeing with you on dak and his progression, but I also can't discount the fact that besides Beasley, he did not have receivers that could get separation on a consistent basis.

I find it odd that in 2018 dak's was still having the same problems in his progression. Then Amari comes in mid season, and Dak takes off. Suddenly he can throw all over the field.

You have to remember the wrs he had starting that year, Hurns, Beasley and a rookie Gallup and Witten had retired. Dak was getting better so about the time Coop got here he was a competent NFL passed and in 16 and 17 he wasn't.

He really took off in 2019 with Moore as the OC.

I'm not saying that Dez wasn't in decline what I'm saying is that an inexperienced Dak sped up that process.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
First possession over and no targets for Dez. Sideline tantrum incoming?

cern

Reaction score
Dez on field for first play. Half hearted block. Nothing else.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Media drama.

2015 401 yards
2016 796 yards
2017 838 yards

When you play like a #1 receiver, snakes don't bite

I hope dez tears it up in balitmore, and if he is going to succeed anywhere, the ravens is a good choice. He had 3 good seasons out of 8 here. That is reality. When you have 3 out of 8, you shutup, and do better.
No drama and got injured in 2015. Samuel gonna star on the next movie snakes on a team starring the dallas cowboys jason garrett and sean lee