Dez Bryant takes the team out for $54,000

alancdc

Reaction score
laythewood28;3591976 said:
I know Ocho Cinco is headed there. He does it every week by offering dinner and movies to random people.

Ocho just did it here Saturday night for the first 85 people in line at a random restaurant in Uptown Charlotte.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Dallas;3591982 said:
No offense but please don't try and relate to paying a 54k dollar bill when you aren't swimming in millions, like this young man is.

You folks are looking at it from a 50-60k/ year perspective. It's a whole different world when you are a millonaire superstar.

I'm not really looking at it from Dez's perspective.

I'm looking at it from his teammates.

Seems to me they could have all still had a great time with each guy getting an appetizer, a $35 or $40 steak, some drinks, desert and each guys bill coming to $100 or $125. he still could have ended up paying 6, or $7,000.

But $54,000 ???

Stupid.

Each veteran should have matched it to a charity or something.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3592014 said:

Seems to me they could have all still had a great time with each guy getting an appetizer, a $35 or $40 steak, some drinks, desert and each guys bill coming to $100 or $125. he still could have ended up paying 6, or $7,000.

But $54,000 ???

Stupid.

I just don't get so upset over this. We don't know exactly what happened. For all we know RW or the team will kick him money. They might have just wanted to see the SHOCK effect. :D That on it's own is worth 54k. I love it. I bet next time he carries the pads like WG said. :p:

Our Cowboys are good guys, im sure this will all work out in the end.

peppersquad

Reaction score
Papas Bros is only like 30 to 40 bucks a steak tops. Its really good, but at that price there are better places. Man, they went absolutely crazy in there. I'm thinking there had to be at least 75 people there. At least.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Dallas;3592019 said:
I just don't get so upset over this. We don't know exactly what happened. For all we know RW or the team will kick him money. They might have just wanted to see the SHOCK effect. :D That on it's own is worth 54k. I love it. I bet next time he carries the pads like WG said. :p:

Our Cowboys are good guys, im sure this will all work out in the end.

Trust me, I'm not upset, .. I was just voicing my opinion.

I don't concern myself with the way anyone spends their own money, .. it's up to them.

peppersquad

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3592014 said:

But $54,000 ???

Stupid.

Exactly. Man it amazes me even comprehending how it got to 54K.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The man is a millionaire ...... what he does with his money is his business.

I knew it was gonna make some people mad ..... :lmao2:

laythewood28

Reaction score
peppersquad;3592021 said:
Papas Bros is only like 30 to 40 bucks a steak tops. Its really good, but at that price there are better places. Man, they went absolutely crazy in there. I'm thinking there had to be at least 75 people there. At least.

Roy must have invited his family.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Live and learn, Dez Bryant, live and learn. This young man has an exceptionally bright future ahead of him. Perhaps we will hear this story repeated by him on stage in Canton, Ohio one day.

I can only hope that there are some up-and-comers who will read or hear this story and learn from it since it could have been easily avoided (or tempered somewhat at least). As someone else has already aluded to, payback is a bad word. Still, it's a part of sports and in particularly professional sports to boot.

Or, to make a long story short, "Don't let unnecessary pride bite you in the [strike]butt[/strike] wallet." :laugh2:

laythewood28

Reaction score
DallasEast;3592040 said:
Live and learn, Dez Bryant, live and learn. This young man has an exceptionally bright future ahead of him. Perhaps we will hear this story repeated by him on stage in Canton, Ohio one day.

I can only hope that there are some up-and-comers who will read or hear this story and learn from it since it could have been easily avoided (or tempered somewhat at least). As someone else has already aluded to, payback is a bad word. Still, it's a part of sports and in particularly professional sports to boot.

Or, to make a long story short, "Don't let unnecessary pride bite you in the [strike]butt[/strike] wallet." :laugh2:

Sad thing next years first round pick is going to get hit harder.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
laythewood28;3592042 said:
Sad thing next years first round pick is going to get hit harder.
Only if he gets the big head when veterans start initiating him to the NFL.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
It's a fun story and all...but ya know, it truly makes ya realize how these kids live on an entirely different planet than the rest of us

joseephuss

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3592014 said:

But $54,000 ???

Stupid.

I don't know about stupid, but I am surprised the bill got that high. That is some serious spending. And you can bet their party probably got comped on a few items.

elcowboi

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;3591814 said:
Hazings, initiations, and things like this restaurant bill are the dumbest, most childish thing.

If I were Dez, I would smile and go along I guess, but I wouldn't care for it.

A bunch of GROWN men wearing tights and helmets hitting each other like kids.........What would you expect????? That's just part of it. They are like big grown kids.

Now the part about not caring for it I do agree. I wouldn't wanna do that and probably would have been pretty peeved but what goes around comes around. He'll be able to eat like that when the next round of rookies come in.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Mark Cubans bachelor party was at Del Frisco's. 20 guys, the bill came to over 100,000 grand.

They have "Stupid" money though. Dez does not.

5-10 grand....ok, I can see RW11 nailing him for it, but $54K? At Pappas bros??? Thats insane.

yrades

Reaction score
The wine list is 90 pages long. Page 54, bin 9234, 1945 bottle (3 Litre) is

I bet Roy ordered a nice vintage bottle of something. They have quite a few that run 15,000.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I think it is excessive and extreme. Added to the fact that a large percentage of pro football players are broke a few years after playing in the NFL. I think there could have been a beter way to teach the rookie a lesson.

He may be good for it now, but a few of those "he is good for its" can cause that lump sum to disappear quickly.

newlander

Reaction score
That is CLASSIC!!!!!!!!! Should've just carried the pads....lesson learned young man. Don't fight upstream in life like an idiotic salmon. Sometimes just easier and cheaper to go with the flow....wow.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes, humility comes at a price. Love, like, disagree and/or hate it, it is what it is and it's not going to change anytime soon.