Dez Bryant takes the team out for $54,000

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3592583 said:
It's pretty clear some of you dont go out much.

500 for dinner is not a lot of money when you are doing it up. Especially for someone that makes 100k per.

I think some of you do not realize how much a million dollars is.

He paid 54k on a bill, they were doing it up, gratuity surely was included because football players are notoriously bad tippers.

I have a friend that says she can not imagine spending 200k or so on a car. I said to her, you have a 50k car in the driveway, you only make a little over 100k per year. This guy makes ten times what you make, so 200k is nothing in that perspective.

:hammer:

At Salt Grass you can drop a C-Note on two people just eating a regular meal of an appetizer, main course, and drinks without a dessert. Add in multiple drinks and dessert the bill can quickly escalate, and don't get me started on Ruth Chris.

The aforementioned restaurants aren't the Olive Garden or Chilis, lol.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I don't make Dez money, but even if I did, I'd be hacked off. Dinner is one thing. Dinner and bottles of massively overpriced wine, etc. is another ... it's passive aggressive.

Oh well. Live and learn.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Dez Bryant also is going to make a ton of money endorsing products. I doubt $54,000 will make a dent in his lifestyle.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
adbutcher;3592623 said:
:hammer:

At Salt Grass you can drop a C-Note on two people just eating a regular meal of an appetizer, main course, and drinks without a dessert. Add in multiple drinks and dessert the bill can quickly escalate, and don't get me started on Ruth Chris.

The aforementioned restaurants aren't the Olive Garden or Chilis, lol.

Ugh, Salt Grass is easily one of the worst steak houses on the planet. Their steaks couldn't be anymore bland or thinly cut.

Any other steak house > Salt Grass > Sizzler

Do yourself a favor, find a different steak house.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
ZeroClub;3592625 said:
I don't make Dez money, but even if I did, I'd be hacked off. Dinner is one thing. Dinner and bottles of massively overpriced wine, etc. is another ... it's passive aggressive.

Oh well. Live and learn.

I agree. He was doing a nice thing (and paying his dues) and they take advantage of him like that. I would be issues beatdowns wholesale. Each person would lose a tooth for every $100 then didn't cough up.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
nyc;3592617 said:
Loss of liquor license, enormous fines, and possible jail time says it's not. ;)

It depends on the laws where you live. The specifics of the law varies from state to state, but all 50 states do allow restaurant patrons to take home wine.

In most places you can now take home unfinished wine bottles from restaurants. Under the wine doggy bag, merlot to go, pinot to go, or cork and carry laws, customers can take home unfinished wine bottles as long as the restaurant securely reseals the bottle and is placed in one time use, tamper-evident bags. These bags are also knows as wine doggy bags.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Hostile;3592307 said:
Please tell me you didn't go to Taco Bell.

That's a lot of Cheesy Gordita Crunches...but well worth it.

Don't forget the extra Baja Sauce.

Can't beat it for Mexican food.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
adbutcher, I go to Ruths' Chris several times a year. It's my ladies' favorite restaurant. Their calamari is amazing and I love their steaks too.

Concord, Taco Bell is not Mexican food. haha.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;3592651 said:
adbutcher, I go to Ruths' Chris several times a year. It's my ladies' favorite restaurant. Their calamari is amazing and I love their steaks too.

WHAT?

:p:

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score

The calamari at Ruth's is great.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dough Boy;3592633 said:
It depends on the laws where you live. The specifics of the law varies from state to state, but all 50 states do allow restaurant patrons to take home wine.

In most places you can now take home unfinished wine bottles from restaurants. Under the wine doggy bag, merlot to go, pinot to go, or cork and carry laws, customers can take home unfinished wine bottles as long as the restaurant securely reseals the bottle and is placed in one time use, tamper-evident bags. These bags are also knows as wine doggy bags.

Actually all 50 states DO NOT allow it. Eighteen states specifically forbid uncorked wine to leave the premises. At least three more states require the restaurant to have a FULL liquor license (like a liquor store) before it can be removed from the premises. (a lot more expensive)

Restaurant.org has the specific rules.

It does say for Texas:
Patrons who order wine with food and have a portion of the open container remaining may remove the open container of wine from the premises.

To sell alcoholic beverages for removal from premises is not allowed. It requires a full liquor license. I do not believe Texas even issues such licenses to restaurants or clubs as you are not allowed to consume alcohol on the premises of such establishments.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Ruth Chris is my favorite Steak House in NY. Del Frisco's is Texas is great, but the one here in NY isn't quite as good.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
nyc;3592667 said:
Actually all 50 states DO NOT allow it. Eighteen states specifically forbid uncorked wine to leave the premises. At least three more states require the restaurant to have a FULL liquor license (like a liquor store) before it can be removed from the premises. (a lot more expensive)

It does say for Texas:
Patrons who order wine with food and have a portion of the open container remaining may remove the open container of wine from the premises.

To sell alcoholic beverages for removal from premises is not allowed. It requires a full liquor license. I do not believe Texas even issues such licenses to restaurants or clubs as you are not allowed to consume alcohol on the premises of such establishments.

Your link was last updated Oct' 2004. Rules are updated all the time.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
nyc;3592667 said:

It does say for Texas:

And by allow, I mean in some form or fashion. Allow means recorking in my mind also.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Kid has been poor his whole life.

This is his first win in the NFL after getting a big signing bonus for millions of dollars.

This is his first chance to be the big man who pays for everything.

From what I have heard the team did not "take advantage" of him ..... it was he who told them to go all out and order the best of everything.

And he was the one who ordered the crazy bottle of wine.

Let the kid blow some of that money ...... I am sure it is only a one time celebratory deal.

Welcome to the Millionaires club kid .... now watch you money.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
nyc;3592673 said:
Ruth Chris is my favorite Steak House in NY. Del Frisco's is Texas is great, but the one here in NY isn't quite as good.

I like Smith and Wollensky's (sp) in NY. The Del Frisco's here is not all that great either. It makes me reluctant to try it in other places.

You just reminded me I have to make dinner reservations for Vegas.

Yea !!! Steaks.

Dough, they don't have it on their dinner menu here, but I order it anyway. It is spicy, sweet, crispy, and seriously the best I have ever had at a restaurant. I might have to take my lady out sooner. haha.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
nyc;3592667 said:

It does say for Texas:

http://winedoggybag.com/statelaws.htm#TX

winedoggiebag.com said:
TEXAS
Partially consumed bottles of wine can be taken from properly licensed facilities and must be put in the trunk, a locked compartment of the vehicle, or in the furthest part of the vehicle away from the driver if there is no trunk.