Dez Bryant to Ravens practice squad

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I tend to have less than stellar feelings bout Cowboy players who hold out for big contracts, get the big contract, production plummets so rapidly that they are literally out of the league a few years later. Combine that with the fact that we never won anything with the player and the player dropped the only real pass that ever mattered because they just had to reach out and try to score. I don't hate on him. He is just one of many ex players that were here and then they were gone.
You are harsh. Dez gave us all he had till injuries made him less than he what he was, I say Go be great Dez!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
You are harsh. Dez gave us all he had till injuries made him less than he what he was, I say Go be great Dez!
You are probably right. I am probably too harsh. He did provide a lot of excitement when he was here but do remember the other things like him needing a baby sitter. Perhaps if he would have sucked it up and taken the pay cut he never would have been released the way he was. I would bet a million bucks that it was one of the hardest things Jerry has ever done. Even though it should have been one of the easiest decisions a GM could have ever made.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah but you see. This is where you dont make sense. You yourself have said you pay elite QB's. 7 of the QB's on that list have been in the Superbowl and 5 have won.

So on one hand you say to pay "elite" QBs but on the other you post a picture showing that paying them results in nothing. Im really confused here.

Ok.. Allow me to clear it up for you.

If you have a truly elite QB then you have to pay them. With or without a title.

The good thing though is most of these elite guys win a title early on and don't leave it to question..

If you have a Joe Flacco for example and he wins a Superbowl then by all means.. Go ahead and pay him.. We all know he sucks but if you want to reward the guy for accomplishing what every team should be trying to accomplish then by all means go ahead.

But if you're QB is lets say a Kirk Cousins / Dak Prescott type.. Very little if any playoff success.. Doesn't elevate the team and is just kind of a high end bus driver.. No chance am I paying these ridiculous market prices and watching my team struggle to go .500 while teams with QB's on rookie deals and vets taking paycuts are winning rings.

MyFairLady

Reaction score

If you have a truly elite QB then you have to pay them. With or without a title.

The good thing though is most of these elite guys win a title early on and don't leave it to question..

If you have a Joe Flacco for example and he wins a Superbowl then by all means.. Go ahead and pay him.. We all know he sucks but if you want to reward the guy for accomplishing what every team should be trying to accomplish then by all means go ahead.

But if you're QB is lets say a Kirk Cousins / Dak Prescott type.. Very little if any playoff success.. Doesn't elevate the team and is just kind of a high end bus driver.. No chance am I paying these ridiculous market prices and watching my team struggle to go .500 while teams with QB's on rookie deals and vets taking paycuts are winning rings.
Well said. The question then becomes what is Dak. It really is starting to feel like his rookie year was his best chance to win. Things have been going down hill pretty fast ever since.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Lets see, the ravens signed Bryant for all of 120K He's been out of football since 2017 and even in his best years was not considered a speedy WR. When he last played he was a one trick pony that had to rely on out jumping the defender for the ball and then hoped he actually caught the ball. Now what he has done is came one drop short of leading the league in drops and the next year did lead the league in drops.. In the final moments of a game in his last season in Dallas when he wasn't chosen as the player the Cowboys were going to go to he acted like a spoiled little 5 year old and stormed off the field and went to the locker room while the games was still being played. He had several times he had arguments with coaches on the sidelines and whether some think the coaches weren't good, disrespecting them on the sidelines affected the morale of the team. Before being cut he was a locker room cancer so now finally as a last resort a team signs Bryant to a whopping 120K contract to their practice squad.

Cmac

Reaction score
Yeah but you see. This is where you dont make sense. You yourself have said you pay elite QB's. 7 of the QB's on that list have been in the Superbowl and 5 have won.

So on one hand you say to pay "elite" QBs but on the other you post a picture showing that paying them results in nothing. Im really confused here.
...that looked like ammo for Dak.

Cmac

Reaction score

....but Romo didn't have any playoff success?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
LOL. Wow. You actually are a joke. You dont want to pay Dak because of his "mediocre" results. But you support Dez Bryant who fell off a cliff after he was paid? Wow friend. You just showed everyone here you just dont like Dak.

And i was a Dez fan. And hope he has success in Baltimore.
Dez “fell off“ when the qb play fell off.

Jipper

Reaction score
I’ll be cheering for the ravens for the rest of the season

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
It will always be a mystery to me how Dez is so hated some of our fans.

Some folks bought into the media lies that he was a selfish teammate. Some folks don’t like the raw emotions Dez displays, but for me, he’s a guy I would go to war with everyday.

The Natural

Reaction score
Lets see, the ravens signed Bryant for all of 120K He's been out of football since 2017 and even in his best years was not considered a speedy WR. When he last played he was a one trick pony that had to rely on out jumping the defender for the ball and then hoped he actually caught the ball. Now what he has done is came one drop short of leading the league in drops and the next year did lead the league in drops.. In the final moments of a game in his last season in Dallas when he wasn't chosen as the player the Cowboys were going to go to he acted like a spoiled little 5 year old and stormed off the field and went to the locker room while the games was still being played. He had several times he had arguments with coaches on the sidelines and whether some think the coaches weren't good, disrespecting them on the sidelines affected the morale of the team. Before being cut he was a locker room cancer so now finally as a last resort a team signs Bryant to a whopping 120K contract to their practice squad.
Look at this old hater yall, check him out.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dez “fell off“ when the qb play fell off.
Dez fell off because he refused to work on his route running and hone his skills. He preferred to just try and beat everyone in front of him. That worked before all of the injuries and yes of course Romo was better at throwing the ball up in the air for Dez to jump and go get it. They also mastered the back shoulder fade together. Some QB's need different kinds of receivers. Hence why Dak and Amari work better than Dak and Dez and Romo and Dez worked better than Dak and Dez.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
You are probably right. I am probably too harsh. He did provide a lot of excitement when he was here but do remember the other things like him needing a baby sitter. Perhaps if he would have sucked it up and taken the pay cut he never would have been released the way he was. I would bet a million bucks that it was one of the hardest things Jerry has ever done. Even though it should have been one of the easiest decisions a GM could have ever made.
Help me out here. As I recall Dez wasn't asked to take a pay cut. He was just let go. Dez was a immature kid from Lufkin, Texas with a horrible upbringing without much structure or guidance. Yes, he needed a babysitter for a time. But Dez never got into any real trouble since the baby sitter was let go either. I know this for sure, Dez has passion and fire in his belly and I don't believe for a minute that he is done with football. He may be slower and the same route runner but given the heart he has and the football in his hands he has potential to make things happen. A former Cowboy and one I root for at the Ravens or wherever he is. I wanted him back this season but it was not meant to be.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Look at this old hater yall, check him out.

I see reviewing some of the things that actually happened in Bryant's career with the Cowboys is hating. His drops, stomping off the field while the game was still being played, arguing with coaches on the sidelines during games all actually happened.