Twitter: Dez Bryant tweet on Garrett

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I like this post, but to say Jason Garrett wasted the "prime" years of Dak, Amari, and sometimes Zeke when they never even hit a "prime" together, is ridiculous. No doubt Jason has wasted careers, but the players listed above aren't "prime" players except maybe Zeke if he actually cared.

Agree no one is wasting Dakota prime. Dakota is garbage. Romo on the other hand got wasted. Romo should have played in 2016 not Dak. Could have won a SB that year.

lockster

Reaction score
I'm sure Jerry was involved but I remember seeing something then Jerry wanted Romo but JG and Stephen wanted Dak. I think the best approach would have been have them both compete and go with the better player. I thought Romo at least deserve a chance to compete.
They had a competition, Romo handed rah his butt. Romo in his last drive, showed what a real probowler looked like. They made sure he didn't see the field again. Romo put on a clinic in that last drive he played

kevm3

Reaction score
Agree no one is wasting Dakota prime. Dakota is garbage. Romo on the other hand got wasted. Romo should have played in 2016 not Dak. Could have won a SB that year.
Romo couldn't even finish out preseason, so I'd love to know how he'd have finished out the year.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Ohhh please. His defining last play is him (not Garrett) fumbling away a season and moping on a bench by himself. He can shut the hell up for all I care.

Cmac

Reaction score
True.

People TRASHED Dez in this board for his tweets when he was used as Garrett’s scapegoat.

Dez…...former Fall Guy. If it quacks like a duck...it must be a duck. Talent has been wasted for years and simplified by blaming a few and anointing a few.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
You know it's bad when previous players and the so called professional analysts say how bad Jerry is on keeping Garrett.

WOW just WOW Jerry.

Blue64

Reaction score
Dez did himself wrong, simple as that. He’s done or toast as they say!
How did Dez do himself wrong?

in retrospect after this seasons fiasco of watching players simply not care?
Only thing that matters to the current crop of “stars” on this team is the Jerry Maguire syndrome.... show me the money!!!

Maybe know we can take a moment to reflect about Dez and some of his sideline rants and tirades, instead of being treated to the expressionless images of Casper or any one of the clowns playing yesterday

I would take a slowed down and hobbled Dez playing with heart over any of them...

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is Garrett's legacy. A graveyard of elite players. If Jerry had a soul and felt shame he would drop to his knees and ask forgiveness for the nightmare he's put us and these players thru.

I actually blame the GM, whomever it may be.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
What's really ironic is that JG really sealed his own fate by deciding to go with a rookie QB in 2016 when the team he built for his ALL Pro QB was healthy enough to play, that decision cost him his best chance at a SB win and his best chance at coaching the Cowboys for years to come. That's what i call a decision coming back to bite you in the ***
Yep, the Saints could have stuck with a winning Bridgewater this year, instead they went back to Brees.

Funny how history repeats itself.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
True.

People TRASHED Dez in this board for his tweets when he was used as Garrett’s scapegoat.
Garrett used Dez as a scape goat and so many others. Hope David Irving comes back after Garrett and the weed policy leave. Guy is a beast.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dez wasn’t a #1 WR at that point. Injuries and his physical style had taken their toll.

Again that’s not an excuse for Garrett. But Dez wasn’t nearly the same WR he was three years prior. Even if Dallas hadn’t cut him, they still would h e had a need, at some point, for a real #1 starter.
Again the coaching staff should recognize that Dez couldn’t continue the same physical style and that is where coaching and molding your offensive playbook comes into play.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
And most of you idiots still like to “rewrite” the past and play the “what if” game. Surprised there hasn’t been a “Dez caught it thread” in the past month, it only took 3 years for whining babies to stop crying about it.
Idiots and crybabies....you dumb-down your argument with the name calling. You seem to have an anger issue or cannot express yourself in a well mannered way.

Give to Dez over Amari everyday. Amari is so amazing that when it's cold and rainy he quits only to be amazingly healed to play the next Thursday at home in the cozy Jerry dome.

I'll be awaiting your angered retort. But don't expect another reply, I can live with the name calling without having to do the same back.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
What's really ironic is that JG really sealed his own fate by deciding to go with a rookie QB in 2016 when the team he built for his ALL Pro QB was healthy enough to play, that decision cost him his best chance at a SB win and his best chance at coaching the Cowboys for years to come. That's what i call a decision coming back to bite you in the ***
Exactly how I feel too.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Garret didn't make those players stay and rot. They could have left and sought sweet ultimate victory elsewhere.