Dez Bryant vs. Antonio Brown

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There's not a receiver I would take in the league over Julio Jones. Despite two missed games this past season he still had over 1400 yards. He's big, fast and physical. He can run past a defender and win battles for the ball.

erod

Reaction score
You mean... like how..... Ben knows how to use Brown?

And its hilarious you consider "best knows how to use Dez"... Which equates to knowing that even if Dez looks covered he isn't.... As if that's insulting to Dez's talent.

Just stop.
I'll stop...because I won the point.

robjay04

Reaction score
2015 dez was doing good to be in top 100
2016 dez was in top 40 in td's I think, but top 100 in other stats.
Not even close to the top 10 guys

I havent seen brown play much so cant say about him. Julio I have seen , and he is better than dez.
Next year dez should be healthy etc, so we can see how he does then.

2015 Brown without Ben was doing good enough to be top 100 as well...

DandyDon52

Reaction score
In 4 games in 2015 without Ben, he had 17 catches, 235 yards and zero touchdowns. 41 one of those yards came in one catch.

Brown is an outstanding receiver but his numbers would've suffered tremendously if he was in the same position as Dez the past two years.
yeah no romo has affected dez, but that is only part of the problem.
Dak cant throw the jump ball as good as tony did, in fact many of the passes to dez were short or too low etc.
Funny , cut/sit romo and lose production from dez, the FO and HC didnt even see that coming. Or notice it while it was happening.
they probably still are not aware of it ! lol.......dummies !

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Would help if Dez learned to run routes. Sorry but he couldn't hold Antonio Brown's jock strap.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The QB he was playing with last season was one of the best due to his efficiency, not delivering the ball to his outside receivers. He improved as the season went on in that regard. I think the fact that Dak and Dez didn't practice together much due to injuries and Dak being the backup also hurt their chemistry.

I feel the purpose of the thread is more to whine a contract. I'm pretty sure this is the same guy who made the Witten versus Gronk thread a few weeks ago.

Dak was one of the best QBs in the league, period last season. There was clearly some chemistry issues between he and Dez and that should improve as time goes on. I've given my opinion on this topic, I'm done.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
2015 Brown without Ben was doing good enough to be top 100 as well...
I concede that, Dez isnt as productive without romo, so get rid of tony, is like trading dez for a lesser wr too,
Tony and Dez were more of a tandem than people realized.

robjay04

Reaction score
There's not a receiver I would take in the league over Julio Jones. Despite two missed games this past season he still had over 1400 yards. He's big, fast and physical. He can run past a defender and win battles for the ball.

I love Julio but I would take Brown.

Julio has a habit of disappearing at times. Don't get me wrong, he's still an outstanding top 2-3 receiver but he's streaky, much like TY Hilton who has also been pretty great on the stat sheet. Brown with Ben is as consistent a receiver the NFL has seen.

Brown, Julio, Odell and Dez are the best. After that Green and Hilton. If Dez doesn't get on the same page with Dak and stay health next season, he will no longer get the benefit of the doubt from me. He has legitimate excuses that any receiver would have under the same circumstances.

Demaryius Thomas is also among the best, he has suffered for the same exact reason that Dez has and they both signed near identical contracts at the same time. If Romo goes goes to Denver, I expect Demaryius to be right back in the mix.

robjay04

Reaction score
I concede that, Dez isnt as productive without romo, so get rid of tony, is like trading dez for a lesser wr too,
Tony and Dez were more of a tandem than people realized.

Dak and Dez were developing that chemistry. Give it time.

Dez was the best player on the field against Green Bay and he also looked like the Dez we love against Detroit.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Dak was one of the best QBs in the league, period last season. There was clearly some chemistry issues between he and Dez and that should improve as time goes on. I've given my opinion on this topic, I'm done.
Dak was efficient. He also didn't throw it a lot. That will impact counting stats.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Brown is in a different league.

He is capable of handling being the focal point of the passing game and consistently produces.

I don't understand why this is even a debate.

robjay04

Reaction score
Brown is in a different league.

He is capable of handling being the focal point of the passing game and consistently produces.

I don't understand why this is even a debate.

It's not really a debate. Brown is better but he would've suffered as well if he lost Ben for a significant amount of time. That is proven.

I don't get so fired up about this. The purpose of the thread was not to compare the two players...it was about contracts. Dez hasn't lived up to his contract because of valid reasons that any top 5 receiver would have had in the same circumstances.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak was efficient. He also didn't throw it a lot. That will impact counting stats.

Dak attempted 24 more passes than Romo did in 2014. He attempted 459 passes which isn't a small number.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Dez hasn't been a super star or come close to living up to his contract; that's an undeniable fact. But that's due to constant injuries. It happens. Give us a healthy Dez for a full season, and his numbers will show a franchise WR. That said, he will not get another contract in Dallas, and if he continues to be injured, he won't play out this one.

Proof

Reaction score
What makes Brown, Julio and Odell better then Dez?

Let me preface by saying I love Dez.

Brown and Odell I'd say targets, routes, RAC, shiftiness. Almost not fair to compare as they're different types of WRs and put in position to really maximize effectiveness.

Julio is just a freak. His blend of size, speed and strength is insane.

John813

Reaction score
So without Roethlisberger, Brown averaged 5 catches for 65 yards per game.

Last year without Romo, Dez averaged 4 catches for 61 yards per game.

Thank you.

You said Brown was still good without Ben throwing him the ball.
Those stats show a drop in production.
So if 5 catches for 65 yards a game is good, then so is 4 catches for 61 yards a game, right? Almost the same yardage on one less catch. That's significantly better?

Or is Brown merely a product of Big Ben?