Dez called into Ben and Skin **merged**

Dre11

Reaction score
Dez: "I want people to know me and Dak are 100% fine. We're going to make this siutation right. We are real friends. I care about this dude and he cares about me. When it clicks, it clicks." https://t.co/2PVVv69HdX

Dez on predictability of Cowboys offense @1053thefan: “Teams just played better than us, there’s no other way around it.” Says he’ll leave playbook up to the coaches.

Dez Bryant on with @BenandSkin: “I really give a damn about Dallas. I really give a damn about the Dallas Cowboys.”

Dez Bryant, “Everybody that ain’t with Dez Bryant can kiss my ***!” #DallasCowboys (@1053TheFan)
"I didn't want to hop on this show, but I just feel like there's a lot of stupid **** being said out there" - @DezBryant on the @BenandSkin show,

Dez on the Cowboys: It means everything to me. I want to bring this city a championship. I want to be a part of that because i believe it can happen. https://t.co/2PVVv69HdX

Dez Bryant says on 105.3 The Fan he hasn’t spoken to his agent or Cowboys about his contract for 2018. Spoke about being respected. Asked if he would take a pay cut if that reduction still respected his value to team, Bryant says that’s a conversation to have w/ Jones & agent.

Dez Bryant on with @BenandSkin said he hasn’t heard anything from the Cowboys about taking a pay cut. Hasn’t talked to his agent about taking a pay cut. Said “Hell no” he can’t imagine playing for anyone but the Cowboys. “Everybody that is not with Dez Bryant can kiss my ***.”

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
a7f87b3099ea471e8f5ef4c59f78e1f1.jpg

Dez Bryant Breaks Silence About Contract, Criticism & The Future
Friday, February 23, 2018 8:39 PM CST
helman_david.jpg

By David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

@HelmanDC
FRISCO, Texas – Dez Bryant could stand his silence no longer.

It’s been a lengthy two months since a disappointing season ended, and Bryant has been a lightning rod of criticism for a team that entered 2017 with Super Bowl aspirations but slunk to the finish line without a playoff appearance.

The former All-Pro receiver was plagued by drops and diminishing performances throughout the season, drawing plenty of discussion about his long-term future and whether he is in line for a pay cut. As recently as Thursday night, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said the front office would be “trying to determine what is in the best interest of our business,” regarding Bryant.

Almost as if on cue, Bryant had his rebuttal ready. Appearing in a 20-minute interview on 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas on Friday night, he responded to two months of scrutiny about his career and his contract.

“I just think it’s crazy,” Bryant said. “I’ll be straight up honest. I think everything I’ve got, I deserve it. And I can get into way more details with that, but I’ll leave that up to when it’s time for me to sit down and talk with the Joneses – whenever that is.”

<Admin snip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
“I just want to grind, I just want to work. That’s all I want to do,” he said. “Because I promise you, I’m going to shut a lot of people up

You ever notice that when players say these kind of things, they rarely do it?

This just sounds like a player that is struggling with the idea that he is no longer great and is trying his best to convince himself, and especially the organization, that he is still a great talent.

What great player have you ever seen just struggle, proclaim he will shut up naysayers and actually does it?

Bryant is basically quote machine with zero substance.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
a7f87b3099ea471e8f5ef4c59f78e1f1.jpg

Dez Bryant Breaks Silence About Contract, Criticism & The Future
Friday, February 23, 2018 8:39 PM CST
helman_david.jpg

By David Helman
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

@HelmanDC
FRISCO, Texas – Dez Bryant could stand his silence no longer.

It’s been a lengthy two months since a disappointing season ended, and Bryant has been a lightning rod of criticism for a team that entered 2017 with Super Bowl aspirations but slunk to the finish line without a playoff appearance.

The former All-Pro receiver was plagued by drops and diminishing performances throughout the season, drawing plenty of discussion about his long-term future and whether he is in line for a pay cut. As recently as Thursday night, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said the front office would be “trying to determine what is in the best interest of our business,” regarding Bryant.

Almost as if on cue, Bryant had his rebuttal ready. Appearing in a 20-minute interview on 105.3 FM The Fan in Dallas on Friday night, he responded to two months of scrutiny about his career and his contract.

“I just think it’s crazy,” Bryant said. “I’ll be straight up honest. I think everything I’ve got, I deserve it. And I can get into way more details with that, but I’ll leave that up to when it’s time for me to sit down and talk with the Joneses – whenever that is.”

To be clear, it doesn’t sound like there’s any sort of breaking news coming in the immediate future. Bryant said he hasn’t had any contact with the Cowboys about a potential pay cut or a re-structure, and he added that he hasn’t discussed the issue with his agent.

Instead, Bryant focused instead on the talk – a boatload of it. From the time the Cowboys’ performance began to dip back in November, lasting up until now, Bryant has been the subject of scrutiny. There’s the matter of his $12.5 million salary and his $16.5 million cap hit for 2018. There’s the conversation about his connection with Dak Prescott. There’s debate about his injuries – which limited his seasons in 2015 and 2016, and which Bryant says bothered him in 2017, although they didn’t prevent him from playing all 16 games.

Despite his stated purpose of focusing on work, it’s been enough that Bryant felt pushed to respond.

“Yeah, I take heat. And I’m not saying I don’t deserve it. But at the same time, I’ve been grinding,” he said. “I’ve been on that field hurt. I’ve got scars, I’ve got bruises on me just because of how much I love the game and how much I want to see the Dallas Cowboys win. I want these people to understand that.”

Of course, it’s chatter that got Bryant into this position in the first place. He said it himself back in December, and on Friday he repeated that outside distraction got the better of him in 2017.

Bryant’s 69 catches and 838 yards were the lowest output of any season in which he has played all 16 games. He did not have a 100-yard game for the first time since 2011. His average of 12.1 yards per catch was the worst of his career.

Even more than that, though, was a litany of mental mistakes – such as wrong routes and dropped passes – which Bryant attributed to his own preoccupation with other issues.

“A lot of plays were left on that field because of me – me allowing my brain to be somewhere it shouldn’t be,” he said. “I should’ve been focused on football and just played football, and I promise that’s what I’m going to do from here on out – regardless of whatever situation that I’m in. This is my job, this is what I love to do, it’s all I want to do, it’s all I care about.”

More than anything else, that was probably the theme of the conversation – Bryant’s insistence on returning to his old form. He talked briefly about his history with injuries, and he repeated that his relationship with Prescott was in a good place.

“I feel like I’m just going to work harder than I ever worked,” he said. “I don’t want to say too much about it, I don’t want to film it, I don’t want to show the world. I feel like I don’t have to do that. It ain’t for show. I just want to go to work. I don’t want to hear anything – of course, things are going to be said. But if I can just separate myself from all the noise, I just want to dig deep. That’s all I want to do.”

It’s smart of Bryant to understand that the talk will persist, whether he blocks it out or not. Strictly speaking, the offseason is only one month old. The new league year hasn’t started and free agency hasn’t opened. The Cowboys have a lot to decide about their finances and their future.

In December, Bryant was adamant that he had no intention of taking a pay cut. Asked about it on Friday, he was a bit more evasive.

“Like I said, that’s a discussion for myself and my agent and the Jones Family,” he said.

Clearly, it’s a discussion that hasn’t happened. Until it does, all anyone else can do is talk.

And while the rest of the world is talking, Bryant let it be known: he intends to be working.

“I just want to grind, I just want to work. That’s all I want to do,” he said. “Because I promise you, I’m going to shut a lot of people up
This confirms he's totally clueless.

Dre11

Reaction score
You ever notice that when players say these kind of things, they rarely do it?

This just sounds like a player that is struggling with the idea that he is no longer great and is trying his best to convince himself, and especially the organization, that he is still a great talent.

What great player have you ever seen just struggle, proclaim he will shut up naysayers and actually does it?

Bryant is basically quote machine with zero substance.
Well
This confirms he's totally clueless.
How? He knows he has to play better. He said that. So where is he clueless?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I’ll be honest. I seldom lend credence to statements and sound bites from players and coaches. Everything they say is so couched in the language of unity and diplomacy, it’s difficult to extract any substance from it.

Last edited:

Wood

Reaction score
Dez: "I want people to know me and Dak are 100% fine. We're going to make this siutation right. We are real friends. I care about this dude and he cares about me. When it clicks, it clicks." https://t.co/2PVVv69HdX

Dez on predictability of Cowboys offense @1053thefan: “Teams just played better than us, there’s no other way around it.” Says he’ll leave playbook up to the coaches.

Dez Bryant on with @BenandSkin: “I really give a damn about Dallas. I really give a damn about the Dallas Cowboys.”

Dez Bryant, “Everybody that ain’t with Dez Bryant can kiss my ***!” #DallasCowboys (@1053TheFan)
"I didn't want to hop on this show, but I just feel like there's a lot of stupid **** being said out there" - @DezBryant on the @BenandSkin show,

Dez on the Cowboys: It means everything to me. I want to bring this city a championship. I want to be a part of that because i believe it can happen. https://t.co/2PVVv69HdX

Dez Bryant says on 105.3 The Fan he hasn’t spoken to his agent or Cowboys about his contract for 2018. Spoke about being respected. Asked if he would take a pay cut if that reduction still respected his value to team, Bryant says that’s a conversation to have w/ Jones & agent.

Dez Bryant on with @BenandSkin said he hasn’t heard anything from the Cowboys about taking a pay cut. Hasn’t talked to his agent about taking a pay cut. Said “Hell no” he can’t imagine playing for anyone but the Cowboys. “Everybody that is not with Dez Bryant can kiss my ***.”

Dez can only give so many interviews about how to make things right. But on field is only one that counts. I still think Dez is #1 WR on another team with top QB but Dallas needs cap space to improve the team. If he wants to retire Dallas Cowboy he will likely need to take pay cut.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
“A lot of plays were left on that field because of me – me allowing my brain to be somewhere it shouldn’t be,” he said. “I should’ve been focused on football and just played football, and I promise that’s what I’m going to do from here on out – regardless of whatever situation that I’m in. This is my job, this is what I love to do, it’s all I want to do, it’s all I care about.”

Something you MAY expect to hear from a young player who is adjusting to the NFL (such as Elliott) but certainly not a 8+ year veteran.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I laugh when hear him say "grinding". Same vernacular as Stephen Jones.

This just an organization full of grinders.

They battle.

They claw.

I guess effort is a good substitute when you fail.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Again did his emotions make him do the wrong thing by calling into the radio station.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Keep your pinkie inbounds on GW passes, wrap the ball up on 4th down, don’t let the ball hit you in the face, don’t carry the ball like a loaf of bread, and keep your pie hole shut. It’s really not that hard.

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score

I'm listening to Dez Bryant with @TuneInSports. #NowPlaying http://tun.in/timgYo

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I laugh when hear him say "grinding". Same vernacular as Stephen Jones.

This just an organization full of grinders.

They battle.

They claw.

I guess effort is a good substitute when you fail.
They do all this...while they lose games.
#moralvictories