Twitter: Dez calls out Jason Garrett

gmb1

Reaction score
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle but the Jason Garrett tenure wasted a lot of guys prime years. I'm glad we have a real winning coach like McCarthy now.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Even though he is right, im not feeling this…

Dez was a fan of Garrett when he was still here. He turned on JG after he was released. Same thing with Romo.
When/how did Romo turn on JG? I thought they were pretty close friends (although Romo is closest to Sean Payton I believe).

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I love Dez, really I do, and I think he's probably right. I don't think he's trying to be provocative, and all in all he probably doesn't dislike Garrett or anything and is trying to be honest. But this is laundry that should just be left alone by a former player.

It's one thing for us to say things like this, another for a former player to do so.

Im glad he is.

Garretts ego and stubbornness cost a lot of players potential trophies.

Scheme matters.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score

Dez was a fan of Garrett when he was still here. He turned on JG after he was released. Same thing with Romo.

Garrett was a players coach. He seemed to get along with everyone.

Sometimes separation is what it takes to get the right perspective.

Maybe Dez is being bitter but his words seem to ring true. Look at the Giants offense.

Garrett's not an NFL coach. He can't apply Nick Saban tactics to this league.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
When/how did Romo turn on JG? I thought they were pretty close friends (although Romo is closest to Sean Payton I believe).
Tony has sent shots at Garrett every single time he has called a game in which he [Garrett] was coaching.

Im 99% sure it stems from the fact that he never wanted him to get his spot back, which was foul

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

What you hear publicly vs privately are not always going to align.

Dez just loved being a Cowboy and it wouldn’t have mattered who was coaching.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
dez was a bad teammate? when did this happen?

complaining about the head coach, *****ing about tony and Witten, taking himself out of games mentally when he wasn’t as involved as he’d like. I watched Dez’s entire career and loved the guy. But he’s not really one to talk about Garrett’s flaws.

Praxit

Reaction score
..yeah, but he was loving the attention and big $$$ contract. ;)..

Proof

Reaction score
complaining about the head coach, *****ing about tony and Witten, taking himself out of games mentally when he wasn’t as involved as he’d like. I watched Dez’s entire career and loved the guy. But he’s not really one to talk about Garrett’s flaws.

are you confusing him w/ TO? I never heard NONE of that while he was on the team. The only one I recall is "taking himself out of games mentally" which I never really agreed with then either. Guy was a passionate, fiery player who'd run through walls for the team and teammates.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No lies told but I know some feelings will get hurt.

For years and years, many of us said that the Garrett-Romo-Witten bromance was poison for the locker room. It's why the team never felt like a true brotherhood. This year you are finally seeing what a tight-knit locker room looks like.

Hilarious!!!

Does anyone remember the effigy that idgit had up in his signature hailing Garrett as a great coach? Quotes from various players and others complimenting Garrett. He had one up there of Dez, as if Dez liked Garrett.

Dez is NO Garrett fan.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Garrett was from a coach's family. Everyone heard even Bill Parcells say that's his favorite type of footballer.

He was in the most cerebral position at QB. Even players like Aikman said he was one of the smartest players they've ever met and was meant to be a coach.

All places he went thought highly of him, including the Giants, who brought him back as offensive coordinator.

It just didn't work out. Let's stop the Garrett bashing and move on. You can point to many reasons, and hopefully Garrett figures out how to re-invent himself, because it's never fun being in his position of reaching the highest point and then having the rug pulled out.

If you want to blame anyone, point the finger at the guy who owns the franchise and makes the coaching hires.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I like Dez. But dude you are out of work and if you want to play again as you have stated hold that stuff til you’re done done for real. This stuff will not sit well with any FO.