Twitter: Dez calls out Jason Garrett

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Everybody has had bosses and co-workers that they didn't like. And that dislike didn't end when you went to another company. If you have never talked bad about an old co-worker or old boss, then yes you can throw stones. But if you have...well as they say, don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Agreed. But man, it would suck to be as talented as him (or Romo) and essentially waste your whole career under Garrett.

Yup, as good as Dez was in his prime he was still underutilized. For example, in 2014, Dez lead the league in TDs and had 40 FEWER targets than Antonio Brown.

Jason had a 6-10 season and then three consecutive 8-8 season. Privileged doesn’t adequately describe Jason’s tenure in Dallas.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I love Dez, really I do, and I think he's probably right. I don't think he's trying to be provocative, and all in all he probably doesn't dislike Garrett or anything and is trying to be honest. But this is laundry that should just be left alone by a former player.

It's one thing for us to say things like this, another for a former player to do so.
10 years lost that we are never getting back.
Sigh.....

khiladi

Reaction score
No lies told but I know some feelings will get hurt.

For years and years, many of us said that the Garrett-Romo-Witten bromance was poison for the locker room. It's why the team never felt like a true brotherhood. This year you are finally seeing what a tight-knit locker room looks like.

Everybody including Jerry in Dez’s third year though things should change. The media finally started seeing the light. That was after the 2012 season, Jerry let go of Jason’s brother and fired Skip Peete, among others, and started taking play calling duties away from Garrett and Jerry started giving Romo “Peyton-like” responsibilities and forced him into game planning meetings on Tuesdays. Romo basically told Jerry to make these changes via his new contract and took play-calling duties away from Garrett.

Dez is a joke and was also was begging to come back a couple years ago even with Jason as HC. Dez is about himself period. He also tried to bash Romo under race pretenses when Jerry and Dak were having contract issues and Dak’s brother and posse were crying about it on Twitter. Romo never trashed Dez and always defended him and constantly said he needs the ball a certain way. Dez trashed the very guy that tossed TDs to Dez and was the only QB that could maximize Dez’s skill set.

Further, Dak also cried when Garrett was fired and opposed his being let go. Dak also threw Dez under the bus for his behind the WRs throws.

The locker room is ‘United’ because they are winning period. Three years ago, in 2019, when the offense started struggling Dak was throwing his whole offense under the bus, except for himself, Zeke and guess who? WITTEN….

Dez is trying to make excuses solely on Garrett. I used to like that guy and defend him, but he’s an idiot.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
As far as Romo and this ‘new team’, it was because of the age gap. It was already bring reported that Romo pretty much had his own life, didn’t hang out in the locker-room and wasn’t one of the ‘boys’ and they preferred Dak. It was a young team, especially with the run they had in 2016, most of these players were ‘hip’ with ‘their boy’ Dak.

That was stupid decision in the end as amply demonstrated by the next few years, especially with the OL and Zeke running like he was. It took Cooper Rush his FIRST START to throw over 300 yards, hit Amari Cooper 8 times for over 130 yards and the game winning TD behind this OL and RG forcing all that man coverage….

You don’t choose your players by who is more hip. I’m pretty sure Aaron Rodgers doesn’t hang out with the young guys on his team nor do FOs worth a grain of salt make decisions based on who is more ‘hip’.

Last edited:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Garrett was an average head coach whose friendship with the Jones family had everything to do with his extended tenure.

Dez was an elite wide receiver who destroyed a possible Hall of Fame career by being a loud mouthed punk and bad teammate.
And dropping tons of catchable balls.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak-stans love to pretend like their hero isn’t a company man and he doesn’t ‘jive’ with guys like Witten or that he doesn’t throw dudes under the bus. Dude has had a career here of throwing players under the bus, when things aren’t going his way.

This was 2019, when his “all world” offense started struggling and they couldn’t find the end zone for like six quarters.

It’s a mess of their own making, said Prescott. The team is too deep to be derailed by injuries. There are no excuses for penalties and drops. He spent this week demanding better focus; demanding that they prepare more like running back Ezekiel Elliott, tight end Jason Witten, and, of course, him.

“I always practice hard. More individuals need to do that,” Prescott said. “Just from the outlook of it, just from my eye, I think they do.

Apparently, he even called out Smith and Collins.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...wboys-dak-prescott-carson-wentz-20191017.html

Jarntt

Reaction score
And just like that Dez reminds us what a train wreck he was. Still can’t get over being cut or told that he just wasn’t any good any more. It’s always someone else’s fault. Look in the mirror for the problem in the locker room Dez. Such a smart move when we cut him. Good riddance

khiladi

Reaction score
And Dez being let go is the reason we have a much better WR in Amari Cooper here, whose a far better route runner and way faster and isn’t a diva and locker room headache. The “Dak friendly” experiment of throwing under 200 yards a game regularly ended when Amari came here, but that only happened because even guys like Chris Carter were saying they thought Dallas made a mistake by letting go of Dez and should bring him back. So Stephen said hell no and got the WR the Raiders were shopping anyways.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak-stans love to pretend like their hero isn’t a company man and he doesn’t ‘jive’ with guys like Witten or that he doesn’t throw dudes under the bus. Dude has had a career here of throwing players under the bus, when things aren’t going his way.

This was 2019, when his “all world” offense started struggling and they couldn’t find the end zone for like six quarters.

Apparently, he even called out Smith and Collins.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...wboys-dak-prescott-carson-wentz-20191017.html
Nice twist. Since when is holding the team accountable "throwing them under the bus?"

khiladi

Reaction score
Nice twist. Since when is holding the team accountable "throwing them under the bus?"

When the guy that is holding people accountable is sucking it up himself and also known for years to practice not well, but “show up on game day”, it’s pretty ironic…

you-wouldnt-get-it-joker.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the idiot needs to start dong setups in his driveway with little Dallas setting on his chest. Romo made him now he's pouting. sheesh, go drag your girlfriend around the Walmart parking lot by her head hair. sheesh

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
When the guy that is holding people accountable is sucking it up himself and also known for years to practice not well, but “show up on game day”, it’s pretty ironic…

you-wouldnt-get-it-joker.gif
It's weird that you don't understand how good Prescott is.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If it was your lucrative career that got derailed...you might speak out too...

On the other hand...he could also admit his behavior didn't help matters.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Romo and Witten were also terrible teammates, especially Witten. Witten was a loud mouth on the sidelines, was as selfish as could be. Why don't you call him a loud mouth punk?

TO, Dez, Martellus all spoke about the culture but I'm sure you call all of them loud mouth punks and their opinions don't matter.

I am so glad the Romo/Witten days are done. They divided locker rooms. Dak and this group brings everyone together. There is no sides in there. Garrett was apart of that as well. I'm glad we finally have a QB who is a leader. Romo was too worried about his golf game, being some corny "hoops star", going to Cancun with his bff Witten the week before the Giants playoff game. Dak has a football field in his backyard and he invites teammates over to bond and work on their games. Romo was the exact opposite.

So you look up to selfish players that end up getting cut because of their inability to assimilate to team norms. That’s your problem. Calling Romo and Witten anything other than team legends and potential Hall of Famers shows you got a questionable bias going on.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
The ones saying "let it go" haven't had something they worked really hard for ripped away from them before they were able to finish what they set out to accomplish. I'm thinking...